Oshifima (traditional Oshiwambo porridge)
(from the Meme Mahangu bag)
Yield: 1 large bowl
6 cups water
5 cups mahangu
1. Bring water to boil in a pot.
2. Mix 1 cup mahangu in 2 cups water in a separate bowl.
3. Pour mahangu mixture into pot and stir.
4. Reduce heat and cover pot to simmer for 5-10 minutes.
5. Mix 4 cups mahangu in pot and stir for 3-5 minutes until nicely thick.
6. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
7. Stir again for 3 minutes (preferrably with a big wooden spoon).
8. Cover and cook for another 15 minutes, then serve.
Delicious when served with ekaka (traditional spinach), beef, onatangala (tribes), chicken, fisth, okapenda (sardines), and omaere (sour milk).
Back to my cooking accomplishments