The man standing to the left in this
1905 photo of the Herndon Station is Charles S. Cooper, stationmaster from
1905 to 1938. The man on the right is town resident Doug Mahoney
who, by 1916, was the station agent at the Sterling Station. This
photo was taken before an extensive renovation enlarged the building.
Photo courtesy of the
Herndon Historical Society
Station Yard Drawings