Dung Duc Nguyen
Chandler, AZ 85224
To obtain advanced skills in circuit design.
Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ 85287
Master of Science in Electrical Engineering Specializing in Circuit Design (May 03)
Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering (December 99)
Honors and activities :
Butler Scholarship, Honor Deans list, Brown, W. R. Engineering Scholarship,
Yates Memorial Engineering Scholarship, National Society of Professional Engineers.
Motorola, Tempe, AZ, 85284 Feb. 00-Present
RF IC circuit designer (Feb. 01 Present)
· Design, layout, and test RF transceiver front-end integrated circuits including mixers and
low noise amplifiers (LNAs).
· Technologies include CDR1 BiCmos, Hip6.
Engineer Rotation Program(ERP) (Feb. 00 Feb. 01)
Being Chairperson of the Phoenix SPS ERP website committee besides rotating through four rotations.
1st Rotation: Product Engineering, WSSG, RF/IF Division., CDMA Operations.
· Developed and analyzed a passivation layer for the newly developed integrated copper
2nd Rotation: RF Design, NCSG, Wireless Infrastructure System Divsion (WISD).
· Characterize small signal (s-parameter) and large signal (load-pull).
· Design impedance matching network for a discrete amplifier at 3.5 GHz using microstrip lines.
System Architecture and verification, ASP, Coldfire Microprocessor
· Synthesize and run benchmarks for a Debug-Time-Translator module that translates the output
of the microprocessor to half speed.
4th Rotation: Circuit
Design and Verification, WSSG, RF/IF Division, Power Management Group.
· Design small circuits and simulate in Cadence with Smartmos5 technology.
· Write Verilog models and run test-bench to verify circuit blocks.
Motorola , Northville, MI.
Engineering Intern (May 99-Aug. 99).
Transportation System Group (TSG)
· Performed benchmarks to evaluate the automotive Motorola PowerPC555 microcontroller
performance conducted on both software and hardware.
· Defined register bit fields for this microcontroller.
· Verified specifications of the airbag RESCCU IC on testbench and designed circuits to test this IC.
IBM Rochester, MI,
Hardware Intergration (co-op) (May 98-Sept. 98.)
· Performed various bench tests (Performance Evaluation Varying Tests) on the
IBM AS/400 and RS/6000 midrange server systems.
· Updated department webpage.
· PCs, Macintosh, Unix
· C++, C, Assembly Language, HTML, VHDL, Matlab, Pspice, Tanner Tools (L-Edit), Xilinx, Mathematica,
Agilent ADS RF design tool, Cadence tools, Mcspice, Spectre, Assura, etc.
· Circuits designed include A/D converters, RF mixers, Low Noise Amplifiers, Op-amps, Audio Amplifier,
and other digital circuits.
Available upon request