It is this time of the New Millennium that we should be more cautious of virus attacks. So it is with utmost care that I ask you to refrain from opening attachments and visiting web sites from strangers who may possibly and unknowingly be forwarding such a bug.
Here are some tips to keep your PC available to you in the case of a PC wipeout.
1. use my PC Maintenance guide located at ^NETWINGS^ REVEALS HOW TO TUNEUP YOUR PC
2. Back up all important documents on floppy disc, writeable CDs' or removable drives.
3. Update your virus scanners at its' homepage.
4. Make or update your Virus Rescue Disc of which you can create by following instructions of your virus scanner(average 3-5 floppy disc).
5. Make a Windows Startup Disc in case your PC crashes and windows wont start. You will need one floppy disc for this and then go to Start/Settings/Control Panel/Add-Remove Programs/click Startup Disc tab/click Create Discs/follow instructions
Then bundle together these 4-6 floppies with a rubber band and keep it safe.
In the event of a Pc wipeout you would 1st insert the Virus Rescue Discs ,then if needed, the Windows Startup Disc.
1/2 hour of your time for peace of mind.For the Romance of Fantasy, check out Techangels' Homepage