Timeline: 1.5 weeks Chapter 8: Tripwire Ash may not have been a perceptive child, but even he knew something was wrong. Sure, Lance-chan was still nice, but… But… He wasn't warm anymore… Why? What did I do wrong? Do you hate me? Please don't hate me… Please? He looked over at Lance. The Dragon Master was grooming his Dragonair. Dragonair purred in a pleased tone, blue eyes half-closed in pleasure. Ash suddenly felt very, very, angry towards the Dragonair. Jealousy reared its green head. I thought I was important… Why… Why? Aren't I prettier than that pokemon? Why do you hate me? Don't hate me… I'm pretty! You said so! Am I not pretty enough now? Please… I need you, Lance-chan. Come back, please. Please? I thought I was pretty… Please… please, just look at me… Ash deliberately tripped, dropping his sketchbook and color pencils. Lance stopped the grooming, as he walked over and helped Ash stand up. Not touching, of course. It was just manipulation of the air currents. Lance handed Ash his dropped belongings. "Be careful, pretty little one. It is dangerous here." Ash nodded. He called me little one! But… And he said I was pretty! I'm pretty! I'm pretty! So there! I'm pretty! He thinks I'm pretty! The Dragon Master checked him over for injuries. Satisfied there were none, he took Ash to the kitchen and made him some lemonade. Tangy and sweet and cool… Ash looked at Dragonair happily. * I won!* He drank all the lemonade. After all, Lance-chan had made it just for him. Dragonair simply blinked her large eyes in complete confusion, not understanding his hostility. What was wrong with him? To his happiness, Lance stayed with him the rest of the day. He still didn't touch, but… at this moment in time, it was enough for Ash. He smiled for the first time in days. That night, when he was sure Lance was asleep, Ash began phase 2 of the plan. With Venusaur's help, they managed to get Lance into the same bed. Ash cuddled up to the older boy happily and fell asleep. He slept well for the first night in a week. The next morning, Ash managed to wake up first and get Lance back to bed before the Dragon master realized what he had done. Lance woke him up an hour later, and a day began normally enough. This pattern continued for a few weeks. Lance simply assumed Ash had adjusted to the new degree of coldness, and was glad everything had worked out. Thank you, Lugia… Lugia, who could see everything, simply shook his head as he caught that thought. < Oh my Chosen, he's not as innocent as you think he is. > < In fact, he is manipulating you and you can't even see it… > However, as the barrier of holding was eliminated, Ash found himself wanting more. Now, how to achieve it… Hmm… was kissing dangerous too? Ash hadn't been able to try, but… maybe tonight. He smiled as he ate his dinner. Spaghetti was so yummy. And the garlic bread was good too. He would have to remember to brush his teeth though. Garlic wasn't sweet. Ash liked sweetness, and Lance was so sweet… Sweet like candy and ice and sugar… So sweet… He would make Lance want him back. I love you, Lance-chan. I want you, too… So, if you don't want to play, I'll have to make you play with me… End Chapter ******************************************************************