| One problem in our community is that there are a lot of pregnant teens.This is an important issue because it is preventable. Also, there are a lot of teens who are pregnant and don't know what to do. If there was more information, there would be less teens pregnant.
One thing being done to combat this problem is that teachers in health classes give out information at our school. Also, we see there are commercials and websites that help teens.
|My Favorite Links:|
|Teen, Teenage Pregnancy|
|All Experts Teen Pregnancy|
| PREGNANCY STATISTICS.
* Over eight hundred thousand teens become pregnant each year.
* 10% of women aged 15-19 become pregnant each year.
* 19% of women who are sexually active between the ages of 15 and 19 become pregnant each year.
34% of women get pregnant at least once before the age of 20.
* The United States teen pregnancy rate has declined 28% between 1990 and 2000.
* 78% of teen pregnancies are unplanned.
* Teen pregnancies are much higher in the United States than any other developed country-double that of Canada and at least four times France and Germany.
|HELP FOR TEEN MOMS|
|Aid for women. Care first-Belmont. Northside Pregnancy Resourse Cente.
8 S. Michigan #1100 6215 W. Belmont Ave. 1135 W.Sheridan Road Chicago, IL
Chicago, IL 60603 Chicago, IL 60634 e-mail [email protected]
PH. (312)-6211100 PH. (773)836-8959 The 24-hr. phone: (773)274-8550
Birthright of Chicago. Women's Center. CareFirst - South Shore.
11235 S. Western Ave. 5116 N. Cicero #301 2011 E. 75th St.
Chicago, IL 60643 Chicago, IL 60630 Suite 117
PH. (773)233-0305 (773)283-1400 Chicago, IL 60649
800-550-4900 (312)283-0707 PH. (773)241-6012