123 E Laurenbrook Ct,Cary,
To look for a challenging Full Time position in Software Development.
North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC
Masters in Computer Science
GPA 3.71, Graduation Date: Dec 2002
Pune Institute of Computer Technology, Pune, India
Bachelors of Engineering in Computer Science
Final year GPA 3.78, Graduation Date: May 2000
· Operating systems: Windows Platform, Unix
· Programming Languages: Java, C++, C, Visual Basic, HTML, and XML.
· Other Technologies: OLAP, ASP, JSP, JDBC, Swing, SAS Enterprise Miner, Web Services.
· Member of Technical Staff, Persistent Systems, India, July 2000 to July 2001
o Project: Business Processing Intelligence, a part of TradeMatrix suite of products by i2 technologies. BPI is a reporting tool based on OLAP servers providing intuitive analysis of a company’s performance.
o Contribution: Requirement analysis, design and implementation of Separation of Formulae from Reports functionality. Role: Team member
o Technologies Java, RMI, OLAP.
· Extreme Blue intern, IBM, Raleigh, USA. June 02 – August 02
o Project: BlueBiz a Business Process Service Level Management Solution on top of IBM CrossWorlds.
o Contribution: Report Generation, Database design. Role: Team Member
o Technologies: Java (Servlets, JSP, JMS), WSLA, Web Services, IBM CrossWorlds, DB2, IBM WepSphere, and XML.
· Compiler Construction course Project, Jan 02 – May 02
o Project: Built a compiler for Decaf language. Decaf is a scaled down version of Java. Features include inheritance, polymorphism among other basic attributes. Exceptions, interfaces are excluded.
o Contribution: Design, implementation and testing. Role: Single person project
o Technologies: Java, CUP parser, JLEX lexical analyzer
· Directed Research under Dr. Peter Wurman, Jan 02 – May 02
o Project: Identification of Bidding patterns in eBay auctions. The study involved use of SAS Data-mining tools to cluster users participating at eBay according to their bidding behavior.
o Contribution: Domain knowledge acquisition, data cleaning & transformation, clustering and result analysis. Role: Single person project.
· E-Commerce Technology course Project, Sept 01 - Dec 01
o Project: Software agent to participate in Trading Agent Competition hosted by the Michigan Internet AuctionBot platform. The agent plays a role of a travel agent bidding for hotel rooms, airline tickets and entertainment tickets to create an itinerary for his customers.
o Contribution: Design and implementation of hotel auction bidding strategies. Role: Team Lead
o Technologies: C++, XML
Under-Graduate level experience:
· Internship Position, Larsen & Toubro Information Technology Ltd, India, Oct 99 – March 00
o Project: InfoShare- A web based information management system. The system provides a mechanism for easy sharing and retrieval of information of an enterprise or an individual. At the crux is a customizable search engine that retrieves accurate search results based on user’s query.
o Contribution: Requirement Specification, Design and implementation of the server side components and the indexing algorithm. Role: Team lead
o Technologies: Java (Servlets, Applets, Swing, JDBC), VB6.0, HTML
· Mining for Bidding Strategies on eBay, Harshit S. Shah, Neeraj R. Joshi, Peter R. Wurman, SIGKDD’2002 Workshop on Web Mining for Usage Patterns and User Profiles (WEBKDD 2002), to appear.
· Supreme integration solutions with IBM Directory Integrator in IBM DeveloperWorks, Neeraj Joshi, Rob Cutlip, Oct 2002
· Scouting, Volleyball, painting and power-lifting, sky diving, Go-Carting, biking, swimming.
· Regular practice of Transcendental Meditation.
· Member of Hardware committee for ‘Impetus and Concepts 99’
WORK AUTHORIZATION: Student Visa