The Mineralogical Society of Northeastern Pennsylvania
THANKS TO ALL WHO WORKED FOR ANOTHER GREAT SHOW
THIS YEAR'S SHOW DATE: MAY 3-4, 2008
NEXT MEETING: February 24, 2008
- We cordially invite YOU to join us. Do you have an interest in minerals or fossils? Are you looking for an interesting hobby? Why not come and join us for an afternoon to see what we are all about. Our Club is 34 years old and meets at the Moosic Presbyterian Church Reading Room on Sunday afternoon at 2:00 PM and is over before 5:00 PM. We meet on the fourth Sunday of September, October, November, January, February, March and April. Instead of a meeting in December, we have a Christmas Dinner Party at a restaurant. At our January meeting we hold our annual mineral auction, which is really a fun time. The summer months are for field trips and our summer picnic. We also hold a annual mineral show. We are quite diversified in out interests which include mineral and fossil appreciation and collecting, cabachoning, wirewrapping, jewelry making, designing mineral centerpieces and gem trees. As you can see, there's a lot to learn and have fun with.
- Organization formed: 1973
- Meeting place: Moosic Presbyterian Church Reading Room, 625 Main St., Moosic, PA.
- Meeting time: Fourth Sunday of the month September through April, except for December (Holiday Party) and also changed if conflicts with any holiday.
- Mailing Address: P.O. Box 1152, Pittston, PA, 18640-5138
- The membership dues are payable annually, with the membership year running from January 1st to December 31st.
Senior Membership $10.00 per year (18 yrs or older)
Family Membership $15.00 per year (per family).
(NOTE ) After June 30th dues are one-half above rates for the remaining part of the year.
To download a printable copy of the application, click here. The file is in .doc format and 471kb.
October 20-21- Rhineback, NY show. Site.
Freeport, NY show.
Henrietta, NY show. Site.
Somerset, PA show.
October 28- October meeting.
December 9- Christmas dinner.
January 27- Auction.
A good site with a lot Pennsylvania mineral info: http://www.pennminerals.com/
Bob's Rock Shop has tons of links and info: http://www.rockhounds.com/
An interesing site suggested by Dennis Morris, for general info is: http://eyewitness.dk.com/
The Eastern Federation of Mineralogical and Lapidary Societies: http://www.amfed.org/efmls/index.htm
The American Federation of Mineralogical Societies: http://www.amfed.org/e
Auction Flyer Show Flyer To download, right click and hit "save target as" (Internet Explorer) or "save link as" (Firefox).
For additional info email: [email protected]