Dye Mound Church

The Dye Mound Methodist Church was erected in the summer of 1889. It was the first church building at Dye Mound.

The lumber for this building was hauled over land from Gainesville, Texas, by wagon and team and the men of from the community donated their labor for this church.  The Baptist Church came to worship with the Methodist in this building in the early 1900's, and the two churches continued to worship together.

Services were  discontinued in 1974. In 1989, the property was purchased from the North Texas Conference and placed in the hands of the Dye Mound Community Association with six Directors.

[Home] [Area Landmarks] [Articles and Stories] [God's Country] [Holidays] [Family Pictures] [Work] [Links] [Guestbook]

 

 

Hosted by www.Geocities.ws

1