by Derek Ralph
| Total Length: ||9.8m||
| Total Depth: ||- ||- ||
| Total Height: ||2.1m ||2.8m||
| Total Breadth: ||- || - ||
| Total Width: ||2.1m||
| Dry Weight|| 15,200kg
- VHT-3: One person, three form Veritech combat mecha.
III. Service History
- 4 x P&W HJ-900 hover jets, max. output 51 kN of ground-effect thrust
Peak hovering performance at 1 meter altitude.
- Multiple gyroscopes for stability and attitude adjustment in zero
- Powerplant: 2 x RRL-2 Miniaturized Protoculture-cell energizer
- Fuel Capacity:
- 6 Standard Canisters of Protoculture.
(In spaceborne operations)
- 2 x TurboUnion ATF-380 miniaturized fusion plasma-air/reaction mass
intermix ramjets, attached to the rear of the mecha. Max. thrust, 86.2 kN ea, for up to 70 seconds.
A. Hovercraft Mode:
- Max speed: 210 kph
- Max sustained hover altitude: 2.6 m
B. Guardian Mode:
- Max running speed: 20 kph
C. Battloid Mode:
- Max running speed : 95 kph.
- Protoculture supply: 200 hours operational use.
- Delta-v (spaceborne operations): 0.55 kps
- Westinghouse TPG-144 X-band pulse-doppler phased array medium-range
radar with battlefield surveillance mode
- Phillips AllView II multi-band digital spherical camera system, for
medium range all attitude infra-red imaging, optical and ultra-violet band
detection and tracking in Battloid mode.
- Thomson LT-9 multi-frequency laser ranger and designator.
Tactical Electronic Warfare System (TEWS):
- Selenia GroundWarrior Mk. 9 active/passive sensor jammer.
- 2 x Oerlikon PP36 triple-barrel 36mm plasma
pulse cannon (arm mounted, used mainly in Tank mode, though
available in Battloid as well). The weapon fires bursts of plasma
annihilation discs, the typical energy expended in a burst is 5 MJ.
Enough plasma for ten bursts is stored in a plasma bottle, and the mecha can
generate 20 seconds worth of plasma per minute. The cannon is powered
directly from the protoculture cells of the vehicle.
- 1 x Mauser EU-11 28mm laser gun pod; firing 110 rounds per
minute in full automatic mode, or once per trigger activation in semiautomatic
mode. Cannon fires 12.5 MJ pulses in each mode.
- 1 x CVR-3M/F personal armor worn by the pilot.
- 1 x pilots' personal sidearm. Typical issue for Navy pilots is the M29
revolver or M39 Mesa Eagle automatic, both chambered in .44 Magnum; however,
junior and senior officers have their choice of sidearm which can include a
number of civilian firearms.
- 1 x ASK-09 aviator survival kit carried in the compartment under the
seat. This kit contains a twenty-day supply of emergency field rations,
water purification tablets, and sidearm ammunition.
The armor on the Hoplite is the current state-of-the-art development in
low-mass composite-materials Chobham plating that became the standard for all
Terran mecha after its application to the VQ-6A Vandal. Aside from the
respectable protection provided against projectiles, missiles, and other kinetic
weapons, this armor is also resistant to plasma globes (annihilation discs),
lasers, and to a lesser extent, particle guns. This is owing to the fact that
the armor can flake off and evaporate in layers under fire from such high-energy
weapons, taking much of the weapon's energy and converting it into the latent
heat of sublimation in the armor.
The armor stops all small arms, heavy infantry weapons fire, and light mecha-mounted
weaponry, and provides good resistance to medium mecha-mounted weaponry, such as
the Valkyrie's 55mm APFSDS round, and poor resistance to heavy mecha-mounted
weaponry, such as the VHT's 105mm smoothbore shells.
The main cannon and tri-cannon are mounted in armored housings on arms that
have a thicker armor, and are often used to parry incoming fire. Here the armor
resistance is better than that of almost any other mecha, except the HWR series
The armored pilot compartment is proof against all shrapnel and environmental
hazards, but can not withstand any strikes by shells (at non-perpendicular
angles) larger than 30mm. Unfortunately, severe performance and reliability
problems with the VR systems caused the pilot compartment to be removed from the
tanks, even in combat.
When equipped with the armored pilot compartment, the Hoplite provides full
protection from nuclear, biological, and chemical hazards, using an overpressure
cockpit environment activated by radiation and hazardous chemical sensors, or
manually when biological warfare conditions are anticipated. The internal
consumables supplies can provide atmosphere for eight hours maximum.
Return to Republic Veritech Index
Return to Robotech Republican Compendium Home Page
Robotech (R) is the property of Harmony Gold. This document is in no
way intended to infringe upon their rights.
Content by Derek Ralph
HTML stolen from Robert Morgenstern ([email protected])
Updated Friday, September 4, 2009 (1.1)