Game of Love

Disclaimer: Joss is God, Joss is King, Joss our Lord owns everything....... (blah, blah, blah.....)
Dedication: To Sarah! 'Cuz ya introduced me to the song, hun!!! *smoooooch*
Category: Song-Fic
Summary: Buffy realises that she just can't let go and goes to LA to persue the love of her life.
Notes: this is set directly after the ep 7.04 'Help', the song's called 'The Game of Love' by Santana feat. Michelle Branch. Go download it NOW! ;o)

*~*~*

//Tell me just what you want me to be
One kiss and boom you're the only one for me
So please tell me why don't you come around no more
Cause right now I'm crying outside the door of your candy store

It happened when I walked out of my office, having helped a young girl to see what's in front of her eyes. That her problems aren't as bad as they seem and she's just holding on to her own misery. Her boyfriend loves her. She's got friends who love her too. She just has to believe in happiness, then it'll come and find her as fast as she can say it out loud.

The same day, I met her in Sunnydale's mall. Shining, beaming. Happy.

When I can tell her this, why can't I just believe it myself? Why couldn't I see hope?

And answering myself further, I finally made myself see where my happiness is.

Here. In Los Angeles.

And I'm sitting in front of your home. Waiting, that you would come and hold me tight, enclosing me in your strong embrace, because this is the one place I long to be most in the world. Your arms are my haven, my hope. My happiness.

Crying, because I can't help mourning the years we've lost. Hoping that it's not to late,

That you'll take me back.

//It just takes a little bit of this
A little bit of that
It started with a kiss
Now we're up to bat
A little bit of laughs
A little bit of pain
I'm telling you, my babe
It's all in the game of love

I'll get you back.

Because how could I not? We share the same wonderful memories, hoping, fearing, whishing we could repeat them all over again.

And it doesn't matter who you're in love with, because we both know nothing could replace what we had.

And honestly, I wouldn't want anything to replace you. Nobody. Never. Because we are meant forever. I just have to make you see it, too.

It took one look for us to fall in love with each other.

It took one smile of yours to know I'llbe yours untill the moon explodes and my soul, my essence will no longer swirl around you like a could of love and warmth, long after I'm gone.

It took one touch of your hands to know that I'd never let you go.

It took one memory of you that I knew I'd make you mine again.

And I'll take that to make you see.

//This, whatever you make it to be
Sunshine set on this cold lonely sea
So please baby try and use me for what I'm good for
It ain't sayin' goodbye that's knocking down the door of your candy store

And when I finally get myself to go inside, you're as confused as I'd pictured myself to be, in this situation. Because I'm persuing you. Begging you to take me back, to love me like you used to.

I know, deep down you know you still do, because it was just the same with me.

So here I am, at your place, playing the role of the one who makes the decisions, at last.

And I refuse to go away again. I stay, because I know you would never throw me out of your home.

I try to make myself useful. I look after your son, without you knowing. He's just like I'd imagened you to be, in his age. It's amazing. He's scared. He's lonely.

He's just like me.

He's just like you.

Kinda scary, isn't it? It's all repeating itself. All over again. And again and again.

Because it's all just the same.

//It just takes a little bit of this
A little bit of that
It started with a kiss
Now we're up to bat
A little bit of laughs
A little bit of pain
I'm telling you, my babe
It's all in the game of love

And I'm getting to you.

With every glance you sneak at me, I know. And with every glance your obsession on Cordelia lessens, and I'm glad.

And before I know it, not even a week after I arrived, you're kissing me, and I'm kissing you back.

I know this is what I want. This is what I need to find my happiness. To find you.

Not that we're not fighing, oooooh, we do. But this is what belong to it. To us. The pain, the passion, the desire. That's us. True Love.

Took me long enough to see it.

But we'll come around. You'll see. No matter what Spordelias, what curses, what lawyers come between us.

I'll get you. Only you.

//It's all in this game of love
You roll me
Control me
Console me
Please hold me
You guide me
Divide me
Into what...

This is what it's all about.

You're as much a part of me as I'm of you. 'Cause we complete each other.

You're what makes my world go round and I make sure to show you just that whenever you're walking down the stares into the looby, looking eyes with me, and causing me to drown in the endless pools of chocolate that are the sweet sweet windows to your amazingly beautiful soul.

And I ache for your touch when your hand brushes mine,

I long for your kiss when you open your mouth to talk in that bittersweet low voice of yours, breathing the words like sacred prayers.

I love you.

And I'm finally suceeding, when you say you love me too, and hug me so tight to you that it almost hurts, ohh sweet sweet pain you're causing me.

//Make me feel good, yeah

But it's good, 'cause you're holding me, kissing me and I know I've finally come home into your arms. You're back. And I'm positive to keep you this time.

You make me feel good, you make me feel alive, you make me happy. That's what I need.

That's what I've got now.

And you think so too, I see it in your eyes. You gleam with joy whenever I'm in the room.

You can't take your hands off me.

But I'm not afraid of your curse. You explained it to me. Perfect Happiness meant the innocence we had the first time. Knowing what had happened, this happiness can't be overruled. Only repeated. Copied.

Can't break my record, I guess.

And I'm glad.

You're happy all the same.

//So please tell me why don't you come around no more
Cause right now I'm dying outside the door of your loving store

And everytime I close my eyes, lying beside you so content, I know you'll be there tommorrow.

I've never slept as peaceful as I do in your arms.

And I think even your friends are coming around.

Spike once said it's all a dance, and I begin to think he's right, in a way. How else could this have been coming together so easily? How else would be flowing so fluently into line?

Why else would I know this is exactly where we were supposed to be all the time?

It's all a dance, a game of love. A game of fate.

//It's all in this game of love
It's all in the game of love
Yeah, in the game of love
Roll me,
Control me,
Please hold me

You smile back at me, with a warmth in your smile I've never seen before.

And I think I've never felt this secure, this sure about anything in my life when you take me as your wife one night, and I don't even care that I'm not wearing my dream-white dress and am standing in the middle of a cemetary, because you're beside me.

And I'm happy.

You're mine.

//(make me feel good, yeah)

~finis~

Feeeeeeeeeeeeeedbaaaaaaaaack!

go back to fanfiction!!

Hosted by www.Geocities.ws

1