untitled X-Over Ficcie ...a GW/DTaH (Death Takes a Holiday) crossover

-----part 1-----

*KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK!*

Heero grumbled to himself as he dislodged himself from Duo's slumbering embrace. He threw his bathrobe on as he went to answer the door. "Yes?"

The man who walked in was in his forties, dressed elaborately in finery from ages past. Several medals sparkled, smartly, upon his breast. He wore a monocle, which he inspected Heero closely through before letting it drop to his breast and sliding it into its accustomed pocket.

There was a girl with him. She must have been twenty five at the oldest, but it was clear from the way they stood that she was the man's wife, or at least his long-time companion.

"Good morning," he said, in a fine European accent. "Permit me to introduce myself. I am called Prince Sirki. This is my wife, Grazia."

"How can I help you?" Heero asked.

"We came to see Duo." Grazia explained, softly. "How is he? You're his... boyfriend, right?" 

She seemed accepting of the situation, and Heero found himself feeling relieved, though he wasn't sure exactly why just yet. 

"Yes, that's right." Heero nodded. "Duo's still sleeping. May I ask why you want to see him."

"You have the right to know." Sirki nodded. "Duo Maxwell is our son."

-----part 2-----

"What are you talking about?" Heero asked. "Duo's parents died when he was an infant. I don't know what you're doing here, but pulling a stunt like that is cruel."

Duo walked into the room. He'd gotten dressed, since he'd heard Heero talking with someone.

Sirki looked up at Duo who was standing there with a look of fear and surprise.

Heero glared at Sirki. "Why is he afraid of you?"

"He recognizes me." Sirki shrugged. "You needn't worry, son." he told Duo. "I will not harm you."

"Son... But... no.... my parents died years ago." Duo sobbed. "Please... please don't hurt me. Whatever I did. Was it my using your name...Have I angered you? Did you come here to take Heero away from me?"

"No, of course not." Sirki told him. "Duo, listen. Several years ago, your mother Grazia decided she missed the world she'd left behind. We returned to Earth for a brief time and while we were both in our human form, we conceived a child. I could only stay for brief periods at a time, for obvious reasons. But Grazia elected to remain on Earth and have the baby. However, it was decided that after she deliver her child, she must return to the world she now inhabits with me."

"So, you used deaths to cover your departure." Heero asked.

Duo, for his part, was turned away, looking very upset.

"You let me believe you were dead for my whole life." he said. "Everyone I ever loved is dead."

"Heero's not dead." Sirki pointed out.

"It's just a matter of time." Duo shot back.

"No, Duo." Sirki told him. "That's why we came to talk to you. We know you love Heero. We also know you're afraid to admit that love to yourself. You pretend it's only lust because you fear that I will take him. But I promise I will not. Heero Yuy will live to be an old man."

"What about Duo?" Heero asked.

"Of course." Sirki smiled. "In fact, I promise that when the time comes, I will not separate you. However, you must promise me one thing."

"What?" Heero asked, warily.

"You must make an honest man of my son." Sirki replied. "No more of this illicit sex stuff. From now on, I want it strictly legit."

"Meaning..." Heero wanted to know.

"Meaning, that before you drag my son back into bed for another all-nighter, I expect you to marry him." Sirki replied.

//Fat chance.// Duo thought to himself.

"You know. I was just thinking that same thing the other day." Heero remarked, going over to the box where he kept his receipts and other notices. He returned with a small shimmering object which he showed to Duo.

Duo could hardly catch his breath. He'd never seen a ring so beautiful before. He looked almost ready to faint.

"Duo," Heero asked... "No... wait a moment. Let me do this right." he got down on one knee before Duo and clasped Duo's hand. "Duo Maxwell," he asked, "will you marry me?"

Duo looked to Sirki and Grazia who were both nodding emphatically.

"Yes." he replied, as the room spun around him and he felt the ring being slipped onto his finger.. 

A moment later, he was unconscious.

-----TBC-----

Hosted by www.Geocities.ws

1