untitled Shonen-Ai Fanfic, Final Fantasy VII/Gundam Wing

-----part 1-----

"Hee-chan? You still love me, right?"

"Keep your mind on the mission, Duo." Heero told the boy on Wing's monitor screen. "We still don't know what OZ is planning. We don't even know what that gadget does. Dr. J never told me about it, so we're in a grey zone here."

"Yeah, that's why I want to know if you love me." Duo grinned. "Hey, I don't wanna go out in a blaze of glory without knowing that my Hee-chan loves me."

"Omae o.... SHIT! Duo, look out!"

Whatever it was, it struck Deathscythe without warning, surrounding it like a thick black ooze. Then, just as suddenly, it shrank back into nothingness, leaving no sign of Duo or his Gundam.

"NO!!!" Tears of rage and frustration ran down Heero's face as he blasted the area where the thing had been. No good. Whatever it was, it was gone. And it had taken Duo with it.

"Was that the new weapon?" He asked himself, landing Wing and making his way to ground level.

"What are you doing?" Wufei asked.

"Leave me alone." Heero growled as he combed the area beneath where Duo had vanished. "Please, let me find something...anything. He can't just disappear without a trace. I won't let that happen."

Quatre landed Sandrock near Wing and joined Heero. "Heero..."

"I don't need you to comfort me," Heero snapped, "he's not dead."

The words were spoken in denial, but the reply was not.

"I know."

Heero spun around. 

"Heero, that's what I came to tell you. When that thing appeared, I could sense a whole other world, so many people. There were two in particular, one very powerful and malevolent and one that seemed to think they had more power than they actually did. It seemed to be subservient to the first, though without fully realizing it."

"And you think Duo's somehow been transported to wherever those people are?"

Quatre nodded. "The thing is, how do we activate whatever that was again?"

"We were all firing our weapons within a certain range at the time. Perhaps if we do that again."

*****

"Ow! Even my braid hurts!" Duo lie there for a moment, trying to work out whether or not he was alive or dead and in Hell. If he was in Hell, he planned on lying there and hoping they wouldn't notice him.

"GET OFF OF ME!"

Duo leaped up, bonking his head on a nearby railing. "OWWWW!"

Nearby, a man with dark hair in long spikes winced in sympathy. "That must've hurt." he remarked, unhelpfully.

"Yeah." Duo nodded. "So, who are you and where the hell am I?"

"My name's Zack." the man replied. "The guy you landed on is General Sephiroth. "

"Sorry." Duo apologized to the silver-haired man, who merely glared at him. "Hmmm. He reminds me of someone." A tear came to his eye and he brushed it away as he thought of Heero. "And this place..."

"This place is a highly restricted area." Sephiroth informed him. "Now, perhaps you would care to explain to me what you're doing here?"

"Your guess is as good as mine." Duo shrugged.

"No, my guesses are ten times better. But I don't have the time or patience for guessing games."

"I meant," Duo explained, "that I have no idea what I'm doing here."

Zack chuckled.

Sephiroth turned with eyes burning with rage and backhanded Duo, sending Duo to the floor.

"Don't you *ever* make me look like a fool in front of my men again." he whispered, coldly, as he dragged Duo to his feet.

-----TBC-----

Hosted by www.Geocities.ws

1