an untitled Duo Fic

-----part 1-----

It was the ultimate violation as far as he was concerned. A theft that could never be forgiven. His eyes gleamed with pure malice and hatred that was only partially hidden behind a curtain of shimmering tears.

"I swear on the grave of every soul that has passed or will pass, I will find out who did this to me. And when I do, I will *NEVER* forgive him. *NEVER*! I hate him and I wish he'd never been born."

He stormed out of the room, seething, looking like he wanted to kill the world and was just waiting to find Point A.

Quatre looked over at Trowa. "Wasn't it your idea to play truth or dare?"

"Yeah. But you're the one who dared Heero to do it."

"I thought he'd chicken out."

"The Perfect Soldier?" Trowa raised an eyebrow. "I think you underestimated him. Do you think Duo meant it?"

"I think it might be wise if Heero stayed in a maximum security area for a while."


"Stand still and let me kill you!" Duo screamed from the cockpit of Deathscythe.

Heero dove out of the way of each attack, barely avoiding the mecha's weapons each time. "Have you gone insane?!" he yelped, as Duo chased him around the entire compound. "Duo! Stop! I'm sorry! It was Quatre's idea!"

The response from Duo was another furious all-out attack.

"GET TO THE BUNKER, STUPID!" Quatre's voice said, urgently, over Heero's wrist unit.

"Who are *YOU* calling stupid?!" Heero shot back as he ran. It was *your* idea to cut his braid off!"

-----part 2-----

Heero ran to the bunker as fast as his legs could carry him. 

"I'LL KILL YOU!!" Duo screamed as he attacked.

Heero dove through the bunker door. 

There was a volley of light and noise.

Then Heero heard nothing more, and the darkness was closing around him, and he knew that it was all over. He was engulfed in something dark and cold and salty, and he felt a sensation of drifting downward. To Hell? Most likely. That's where people who hurt their friends went, wasn't it? And hadn't he just hurt Duo? 

"Forgive me, Duo." he whispered, knowing it was already too late and that Duo never would.

"For what?" Duo's cheerful voice asked from both near and far. It pulled at Heero until he felt himself awakening in the arms of his friend. 

Heero opened his eyes and found himself in Duo's arms. Duo had just broken to the surface of the moonlit ocean and was swimming for shore with Heero in tow. 

"Heero okay?" Wufei's voice asked over Duo's wristcom.

"He keeps apologizing." Duo gave a vocal shrug. "Otherwise, he's fine."

"Duo... your braid..." Heero said, not actually wanting Duo to hear, in case he got sore about it again. He hadn't quite registered the truth yet.

"Oh, don't worry about it." Duo shrugged. "It's better for my hair if I wear it loose until it dries."

"Huh?!" Heero took a good look this time and saw that Duo's hair was, indeed, still quite long. He wondered why he hadn't noticed when he'd first woken up.

"It was a dream..." he muttered. "Or a hallucination. But you're untouched and pure and your hair is so beautiful, Duo."

"I think he hit hit head when his mecha crashed." Duo reported. "He's babbling."

"I love you, Duo." Heero told him. "I love your sweet lips, your beautiful eyes, your glorious braid, everything about you."

"I think Heero needs serious help." Duo reported. 

"Negative." replied Wufei, who agreed with Heero's evaluation of Duo one hundred percent. "He sounds fine to me."

-----TBC-----

Hosted by www.Geocities.ws

1