Talk Show

The set lighting came slowly on to reveal a small stage on which a middle-aged man sat behind a desk, leafing through some papers. 

After making sure he had what he needed, the man spoke. "Good evening, ladies and gentlemen." he said. "You know, Paul" he said turning to the band leader, who was waiting for his next cue, "I was reading the newspaper just the other day, when I saw in the headlines that a man named Ranma Sayotommy... is that how it's pronounced."

"I think it's pronounced "sow toemee, Dave." Paul offered.

"Thanks. Saotome. Anyhow, apparently, his former fiancé Akane Tendo is suing him for abandonment. Apparently, he fled the scene of the wedding with the best man, Ryoga Hibiki." Did I say that right, Paul?"

"Yes, you did."

"Anyhow, the two of them disappeared shortly afterward. However, I guess Ryoga does that all the time, so everyone's sure they're fine. However, they now owe a total of $5,000,000,100.00. That's $100.00 for the lawyer's initial fee, and $5,000,000.000.00 for all the pairs of shoes the lawyers wore out while trying to find them."

A bit of a groan for the audience.


"Nice crowd." Dave decided. "Our first guest is a man you all know. You've seen him several times, most recently as the star of the hit series "Meteor". That's right, folks he's with us tonight."

This brought a round of applause and an impromptu chorus of fans singing "Sephy-roth! Sephy-roth!" over in one corner.

"Also with us tonight, a very talented young rock star, who recently broke into the Top 20 with his new song 'Wufei, Wufei.'..."

Another cheer from the audience: "Duo! Duo! Duo!"

"But first our top ten list."

Still another cheer.

"Tonight's list comes to us from our sister office in the city of Nerima, Japan. It's the Top 10 best things about Akane Tendo's cooking." 

Dave frowned at the list.

"Hmmm... it appears to be blank."

-----TBC?-----

Hosted by www.Geocities.ws

1