Soul Quest (sequel to In A Gilded Cage and Beauty Uncaged)

-----part 1-----

"Heero, come to bed." Quatre patted the mattress beside him. "You've been at that laptop all night."

"I can't rest until Duo can." Heero told him. "I have to find out what's made his spirit unable to rest. You know that, Quatre. You saw his spirit."

"Yes. I did. And I know he's upset about something. But I don't think you'll find it on that laptop." Quatre went over to Heero and put his arms around his husband. "Heero, please.... whatever is wrong, I have the feeling Duo will tell us when he's ready. Until then, we won't know."

There was a knock on the door.

"Who is it?" Quatre asked.

"It's me, Mamma Quatre." Odin replied. "Duo-ni's sick."

Quatre followed Odin back to his room. He went over to Duo-ni, who was resting under the covers, and put a hand on his forehead. "Your father... Dr.J.... he experimented on you."

"Yes." Duo-ni replied. "Lots of times. Does this have to do with those experiments? Is that why I'm sick?"

"You're not actually sick per se." Quatre explained. "You're pregnant." he looked over at Odin. "I trust you're the father?"

Odin nodded. "Duo-ni, I'm sorry."

"I... am I going to die like Mamma Duo?" Duo-ni sobbed.

"No, Duo-ni." Quatre promised. "When time comes, if you want this baby, we'll get you a c-section, like I had when Odin was born. You'll be fine."

"Of course I want this baby." Duo-ni decided. "I love Odin-kun."

"Let's get married." Odin suggested. "I was going to ask you soon anyhow. Now I have a reason to ask you sooner. Will you have me?"

"Yes, Odin." Duo-ni accepted. "I will."

-----part 2-----

Quatre returned to his and Heero's room. Heero was in bed, so Quatre slipped into bed with him. "How's Duo-ni?"

"He's pregnant." Quatre replied. 

"Odin?" Heero asked. "They certainly moved fast."

"I think when Dr.J altered Duo-ni he elevated his pheromone levels slightly." Quatre suggested. "Not that Duo-ni would need them elevated. But if he was trying to breed him..."

"That bastard." Heero snarled. "It was bad enough that he treated Duo that way... but his own son! Thank God Odin found him when he did. So, does Odin know?"

Quatre nodded. "He proposed as soon as he found out. I hope you approve."

"Our son marrying Duo's son?" he asked. "Yes, I approve. I think we should celebrate." He kissed Quatre deeply as he moved on top of him, carefully slipping into the blond pilot. 

"I've always loved the way you celebrate." Quatre purred as he moved around Heero and Heero moved within him.

-----TBC-----

Hosted by www.Geocities.ws

1