The Sephiroth Project (prequel to untitled FF7/GW Fic)

-----part 1-----

"You built a what?!" 

The OZ scientist smiled, triumphantly. "A vidiporter." she replied, beaming proudly. "I can pull anything from any video game into this world. Money, magical weapons... The possibilities are endless."

"How are we supposed to spend money from another world?!" 

The scientist frowned. She hadn't considered the differences in the money that came from other worlds. Here, in the world she lived in, the money would be useless. Unless the coins were made of gold. Then, she could cash them in for whatever the going rate for gold might be.

"Your toy is useless."

She watched as he turned and left.

"I'll show him." She snapped, slipping a copy of FF7 into the PlayStation she'd bought. "He'll think differently soon." Her plan was to bring a Gold Chocobo into the world. When she offered up a mode of transportation that knew no boundaries, and could take him and his troops anywhere they wanted to go, he would be grateful 

****

Cloud floated before the lifeless form of Sephiroth. The real Sephiroth. This was the real Sephiroth. Lifeless, cold, and yet there was a small spark of life there, like a pilot light waiting for a match. He watched in grim fascination as Sephiroth's hand reached up to take the Black Materia from his grasp.

Sephiroth, the son of Jenova... or so Sephiroth thought.

Cloud's hand hovered over Sephiroth's, Black Materia clasped in his fingers, and dropped the Black Materia into Sephiroth's palm.

It fell straight through Sephiroth's hand, which was suddenly nothing more than shadow, and clattered to the floor below.

Cloud saw that the rest of Sephiroth was as insubstantial as the rest of him.

*****

She'd changed her plans as soon as she saw Sephiroth. //His powers,// she had thought. //If I could give them to our soldiers...// 

She had to get him before he got the Black Materia, while he was still dormant. As long as he was sleeping like he was, unable to wake up, she could take cells from his body and use them just as Jenova's cells were used in the experiments Hojo had done on the members of SOLDIER, including Sephiroth.

-----TBC-----

Hosted by www.Geocities.ws

1