The Secret of Omega

"General Zechs," the General's aide reported, "we're almost at our destination. Do you really think they'll have information on the Omega unit?"

"Our intelligence reports suggest they probably know at least something." Zechs stated, matter-of-factly. "That could lead us to more information."

"Or on a wild goose chase." the aide suggested.

"Perhaps." Zechs shrugged. "Either way, we can work some of the bugs out of the weapons system."

"Yes, sir."


In the field outside the bunker in question, Duo ran up to Heero, carrying a pair of sodas and a bag of potato chips.

"So, where's the good stuff?" Heero asked, wanting something a bit more nutritious.

"This *IS* the good stuff!" Duo laughed, tossing a soda to Heero, who caught it deftly in his hand. He stopped, and turned, sensing danger.

"Hello," the OZ general told them. "I assume you're here to guard the Omega unit?"

"The legendary Omega unit..." Heero mused. "So, it does exist."

"You know something about it." Zechs accused.

"No. I've heard legends, rumors, but nothing more. A compact Gundam of some kind."

"I'll show you where it is." Duo offered.

"Duo! No!" Heero was horrified. Duo had turned against them! He raised his weapon to shoot the traitorous teenager, but could not bring himself to do so.

"Follow me." Duo suggested, proceeding to lead the OZ troops in a circle. "Now look over here."

"Enough games." Zechs growled. "Take us to the Omega unit now or we'll kill you."

"Are you blind as well as stupid?" Duo laughed. "The Omega unit is right here."

"Where?!" Zechs demanded.

Even Heero was looking around in confusion.

Duo bowed, slightly, as if addressing important persons for the first time. "Defense Unit Omega." he explained. "Or Duo for short."

Heero blinked. "What.. you're a robot?!"

"No. Basically, I'm Human." Duo replied. "But I'm also something more. Much more in fact. I was bio-engineered just like you were, Heero. But with one important difference. My cells were altered, altered to contain one additional element..."

"Gundanium." Heero guessed.

Duo nodded.

"You mean he's a Gundam?!" Zechs's voice fell to an awed whisper.

-----TBC-----

Hosted by www.Geocities.ws

1