Ring Ring

The phone rang very early in the morning.

Heero glared at the wall and resolutely refused to get out of bed to answer it. Duo, slipped out of the circle of Heero's arms, much to Heero's annoyance, and went to the phone.

"Hello," a voice on the other end began, "we're with the...."

"Hi! How are ya guys?" Duo cut the telemarketer off. "You won't believe the fun my friends and I had just the other day. We went on vacation to this really nice ski lodge."

"That's nice. But I just called to offer..."

"Oh man, the snow was just right and you should've seen the slopes. No ice, no bare patches. Just all one hundred percent Grade A skiing snow. You know, the kind that just shoots up in a mist around your skis."

"I'm sure you had fun, sir, now would you like to..."

"And my boyfriend bought me this really cute little stuffed rabbit with poles and skis and stuff. You know, it's supposed to be a ski-bunny. It's just the cutest little thing. We're getting married soon. He and I, I mean, not you and me. He's so kind to me. Though you wouldn't think he'd be that way, since he's always so tough in public."

"Sir, I just wanted to offer...."

"Just the other night we were in bed and he was..."

*click*

Duo smiled, put the phone down, and returned to the warm circle of Heero's arms.

-----Owari-----

Hosted by www.Geocities.ws

1