Quatre's Gift

-----part 1-----

"Happy Birthday, Quatre." the crowd cheered.

Quatre grinned and blew out the candles on his cake. Sixteen at last. Today he was a man according to local laws, and had finally come into his inheritance. He sipped the glass of soda nearby him and laughed. 

"Well," he said, repeating the traditional angst repeated by all those who had reached that age before him. "I'm now sixteen, I can legally die for my country, which is ironic since the war just ended six months ago, vote in upcoming elections, and have sex with the partner of my choice. But I still can't drink in pubs."

This brought a ripple of laughter from the crowd as they toasted to the young heir's health.

"Your attention." Quatre's father stepped forward. "As you know, sixteen is the year when a young man is ready for his first experience with sex. Now, Quatre, don't worry, I know you'd prefer a male companion, so that's what I got for you. We looked high and low and found the best and most beautiful male prostitute money could buy." he signaled to the door guards to let the person in question enter.

The prostitute was veiled to hide his identity as had been requested. He crossed the room and came to stand bedside Quatre and his father.

"May I?" Quatre asked.

His father nodded, indicating that Quatre was permitted to remove the young prostitute's concealing veil. "Go right ahead. Unwrap your gift."

Quatre removed the veil from the young prostitute's face stepped back to appreciate his present. He almost fell over in shock when he saw the other boy's violet eyes and long chestnut braid.

"DUO?!"

-----part 2------

Duo looked at Quatre with equal shock. In the six months since the war had ended, he'd found himself back on the streets. They'd trained him to be a fighter, but had never trained him in any civilian skills. And so, jobless, penniless, he'd fallen back into the only profession that would accept him. Only this time, it wasn't just blow-jobs and hand jobs, and people masturbating while he stripped for them. This time, he was expected to take his customers into himself, to bear as much or as little pain as they wished to inflict upon him with their thrusting erections. He'd struggled the first few times, but after a few beating from his pimp, he'd stopped fighting. Now, six months later, he was standing there, being offered as a gift to Quatre. Despite the six months of intensive experience, Duo found himself blushing and trembling. 

Quatre looked at Duo for a long moment, then turned to his father.

"I can't." he shook his head. "He's more beautiful than words can say, but he's my best friend. I can't use my best friend."

"You know this whore?"

Quatre nodded. "I know him very well. He's saved my life more times than I can count. My beautiful guardian angel."

"Quatre..." Duo began.

Quatre looked into Duo's eyes and realized the truth, that since they'd parted, Duo had been suffering. Suffering a shame that no man should ever have to bear. He would not permit it to go on. He turned to his father. "I want him." he said. "Forever."

-----part 3-----

"Forever?" Quatre's father raised an eyebrow. "As in ...?"

Quatre reached over and clasped Duo's hands in his own, feeling the trembling in them. "As in marriage." he nodded. "He's suffered far too long. Please?"

"How can I say no to my darling son?" Quatre's father gave in. "If he were any other whore I'd refuse to even entertain such an idea. But since he did save your life in the past, I shall grant your request."

Quatre gave his father a hug then turned back to Duo.

"I can't." Duo shook his head. "Quatre, I'm not good enough for you."

"Duo," Quatre replied. "You're good enough for the angels."

Duo felt himself blushing as Quatre drew him close and kissed him. The judge who'd attended the birthday party for the passing down of the inheritance performed the wedding ceremony



"I thought your dad would put up more of a fuss." Duo said, a few hours later, as he and Quatre undressed for bed.

Quatre winced as he saw the welts and bruises all over Duo's back and chest. "How'd you end up as a ..."

"A whore?" Duo finished.

Quatre nodded. "I thought you'd find some other line of work."

"I wanted to work at the local orphanage," Duo admitted, "but I've got a criminal record, mostly misdemeanors but child welfare organizations tend to frown on people with histories like that, so... no go on that one. Same for the other jobs. It's hard to get someone to hire you when they recognize you not as the warrior who saved their lives, but as the little pickpocket who swiped their wallet. I did some volunteer work at a local soup kitchen for a few days, since I got food in exchange for the work, but that still left me without a roof over my head."

"What about some kind of military work? Like the Pre..."

"No thank you." Duo shook his head and held his hand over it. "I've had it up to here with the military. They tell you what to eat, when to sleep, whom to kill. I'm sick and tired of killing people, I'd like to salvage what's left of my soul while I still can."

"So why...?"

"I was a prostitute before I met you. It was a pretty easy thing to do back then. I had to strip and give the occasional blow-job. Now it's different." he looked down. "Now it hurts."

Quatre frowned. "If you don't want me to..."

"I do." Duo whispered. "But, I'm scared. I don't think it'll ever feel good for me. It's always been painful in the past."

Quatre's heart broke at Duo's words. He kissed Duo and drew him close, reaching between them to fondle the other boy, timidly at first, then, seeing the look of pleasure on Duo's face a little bit more firmly, though not hard enough to hurt. Duo came almost instantly, his seed spilling onto Quatre's hand and belly as he let out a tiny gasp of surprise and his legs gave way.

Quatre saw the bewildered look in Duo's violet eyes as he helped him to sit on the edge of the bed, and realized that the men who'd used Duo in the past had taken pleasure from him, but had never given it in return. This had been Duo's very first orgasm.

-----TBC-----

Hosted by www.Geocities.ws

1