One From Two Worlds (aka "One Of Two Worlds", a Gundam Wing/Wicked City fic)

-----prologue & part 1-----

Prologue... 16 Years Ago. At a ruined church somewhere in Japan....

The two men stood their ground as the cells began to grow from the severed hand, too fast for them to contemplate a course of action.

Soon, a large red creature that seemed to be made of hard ugly red warts and sharp silver claws and fangs loomed above them.

The younger and taller of the two men aimed his weapon, but the diminutive old man beside him placed up a stopping hand. "Don't shoot." he warned. "Each piece you shoot off gives the bastard another chance to revive."

The younger man stepped back and watched as the elder stepped forward, glowing with energy.

"Now it's my turn to make you suffer, you piece of rotten filth." he told the creature as his energy level grew stronger and stronger.

The creature glared, then looked away, suddenly sensing a far greater nemesis. 

The two men followed its gaze to the top of the steeple where their partner, a young woman, crouched, ready to spring.

The woman's fingernails suddenly turned into five long blades of red light as she prepared to attack

"What the...?!" the younger man gasped.

"Hmm? She can't be... not yet..." but the older man sounded like he hoped he was wrong.

The creature sent two long spikes up to impale the girl, but she vanished, reappearing below them with no apparent effort.

"God, she is!" the older man's voice had a sound of triumph to it. "The genesis has somehow transmogrified her!"

The girl rose into the air and struck the monster, splitting it in half and sending so much energy into it, that it exploded into glittering fragments and was never heard from again.


Present Day.... The Gundam Pilot Safehouse...

"Heero, did you take my hair tie?"

"Why would I take it?" Heero pointed at his short hair.

"Because you think I look sexy with my hair down." Duo grinned.

"Duo no baka!" Heero chased Duo throughout the safe house while Trowa continued to cook breakfast.

"....ack World." newscast concluded.

"What did he say?" Quatre asked.

Wufei shrugged. "Something about the Black World."

"I thought the Black World was just a legend." Duo shrugged as he ducked into the room. "You know, stuff people tell their kids about to get them to stay in after dark."

"Apparently not. I didn't catch the whole thing, though. Apparently there's been signs of its reality. Some as close as this area. No concrete evidence, however. Duck."

Duo did so, just in time to avoid a book thrown by Heero. "Oi! Hee-chan! That could've hurt me you know!"

"Play nice, or I'll send you both to your rooms." Trowa called to them.

"Yes, mom!" Duo and Heero called back in unison.

"Duo, it's you and Quatre's turn to do the supply run."

"Why is it always my turn?" Duo asked.

"You're the one with experience." Heero shrugged.

"So being a military thief is my penance for being a street thief?" Duo asked.

"Something like that." Heero nodded.

"Okay." Duo said, putting his coat on. "Just so I know where I stand. Come on, Quatre. "


Two OZ soldiers spotted them as they were leaving the market some time later. It had been an uneventful trip until then. Now, they were cornered.

One of the OZ soldiers advanced, and grabbed Quatre. The soldier ripped off Quatre's vest and shirt and was going for his belt when both he and Quatre heard a faint noise, that at first they didn't recognize because they'd only ever heard its description.

It was the activation sound of the lightclaws of a Black Worlder.

They paid no heed to the sound, but the following sound, the gurgling, dying screams of the other OZ soldiers drew their attention.

"Duo?!" Quatre's eyes went wide as he noticed Duo's right hand...

...five long slender blades of red light jutted out from where his nails had been.

-----part 2-----

Quatre stood there, his bared chest heaving in surprise and fear, as Duo turned on the blond boy's would-be attacker and sliced him in half with his lightclaws. The braided pilot turned to look at him and Quatre suddenly had an urge to get as far away from his friend as he could.

Duo grabbed Quatre and kissed him, fiercely, retracting his lightclaws as he began to unbutton Quatre's pants.

"Duo! Stop!" Quatre pleaded against Duo's lips.

Duo pulled back, panting. He looked as if he were waking from a dream. "What's happening to me?" he asked, more to himself than Quatre. He looked at Quatre and saw his shirt was off. Had he...? "I'm sorry, Quatre." he said. "I'll buy you a new shirt."

"The OZ troops you killed ripped my shirt off." Quatre told him as he re-buttoned his pants and fetched the shirt in question from the ground and tied it about his midriff. 

"It looks good like that." Duo praised, smiling as Quatre turned a very pretty shade of pink. He moved forward again, pinning Quatre between the wall and himself, and looked into the other boy's eyes. He leaned foward, then whispered into Quatre's ear.

"I want you."

"We have to finish shopping." Quatre said, nervously.

Duo nodded. Quatre wasn't ready and he wasn't about to force the boy. Aggression, sure! But force? No way!


They picked up the supplies they needed at the market. People there were talking about the rumors on the news of the Black World's existence.

"It's a fairy tale." Duo told one woman. "It doesn't exist."

Quatre stared at him. "Duo. Don't you remember what happened in the alley?"

"I shot some OZ.... no... I didn't shoot them... how did I..." Duo looked at his hand in horror. It looked the same as always, but for a moment he thought he could remember the presence of five blades of red light emerging from them. "No..." he shook his head. "No, that's not possible."

Quatre reached out to console Duo, seeing the distress in the other boy's eyes.

"Keep away from me." Duo warned.

Then he took off running.


Quatre found him a short while later, sitting under a tree by a riverbank. "I thought you might come here." he said. "Duo, it's okay. It doesn't change anything except your awareness of what you are. Who you are is still the same."

"I don't know who I am." Duo replied. "Duo Maxwell isn't even my real name. It's one I gave myself when I was a child. Because I never knew what my real name was."

"It's been your name your whole life." Quatre told him as he sat down by Duo. "And you'd be one of the four best friends I ever had even if your name was Arthur Dent."

Duo couldn't help smiling at that one. "You read that one, too?"

"One of the old classics." Quatre shrugged. "Duo," he placed a hand over Duo's chest, "you have a good heart and I know you'd never hurt anyone without need or reason. Yours in the most beautiful soul I know."

"Have you looked into your own lately?" Duo asked.

Quatre nodded. "It's tarnished by my wealthy." he sighed.

Duo kissed him. "We all have stains on our souls." he said. "I'm a thief, Quatre. I lived for years by stealing from people. I've stolen money, jewels, clothing, food, and hearts so often I've lost count."

"You don't need to steal my heart, Duo." Quatre returned the kiss. "I give it to you freely. All of it." he added, pulling Duo down on top of him.

-----part 3-----

"Are you sure?" Duo asked as he gazed down at Quatre, his fingers hovering near the buttons of the blond pilot's pants. "Once I start, I don't think I'll be able to stop."

"I'm sure, Duo." Quatre breathed. "I'm tired of playing it safe and being a good little boy. I want you inside me, Duo. I want you to be my first." He leaned upward and closed his eyes, waiting to feel Duo's lips upon his once more.

He didn't have long to wait. In moments, Duo was kissing him, fiercely, pulling his shirt down until it was a crumpled ring of material circling his waist, capturing his arms for a second before Quatre slipped them out of the sleeves and wrapped them around Duo as the braided boy pushed his tongue into Quatre's willing mouth. He felt a twinge of abandonment as Duo pulled back from the kiss. He took a long shuddering breath, then released it as Duo's lips touched his throat and moved, slowly, kiss-by-kiss, to his nipples. He whimpered with pleasure as Duo teased each one to hardness with his tongue and teeth. 

"Oh, Duo." he moaned, clutching the back of Duo's head and pulling the chestnut-haired boy even closer as Duo applied a steady suction to his left nipple and reached between them to undo Quatre's pants.

"Quatre," Duo whispered against his chest, his hot breath exciting the other boy's nipple even more. He rolled off of Quatre, then rolled the blond onto his stomach. 

Quatre waited for Duo to enter him. But penetration, it seemed, was not yet forthcoming. He moaned as Duo gently massaged his back, his legs, and finally his buttocks. He waited for Duo to spread them apart and enter him, but Duo had other plans .

Quatre felt Duo leave him and whimpered in need. Part of him wanted to look up, but most of him didn't want to see the water or the trees, or the sky. That part of him wanted to focus only on Duo. He waited. Then, after what seemed an eternity, he felt one of Duo's arms go around his waist and pull him into a kneeling position. He braced himself, hearing Duo's soft chuckle, and wondered what he was up to. He let out a yelp, borne of surprise rather than pain, as Duo's braid, now soaking wet, struck him across the backside. He arched in pleasure as Duo whipped him across the backside with his long braid over and over until he was whimpering with need. "Please, Duo! Please, take me!"

Then Duo was pushing into him, and Quatre was thrusting back even as Duo reached forward to take Quatre's erection in his hand. The two of them pumped faster and faster; Duo into Quatre, Quatre against Duo's hand, until both of them were coming, crying out with desire, lust, and love.

Duo withdrew from Quatre's body and lied back on the grass, patting the spot beside him, invitingly. Quatre soon joined him and he pulled the ex-virgin close to him, stroking Quatre's hair as Quatre trembled in his arms.

"I love you." he whispered.

"I love you, Duo." Quatre replied, as he rested his head against Duo's chest.

They were both soon fast asleep, and were still lying there, peacefully, when the stars came out a few short hours later.

-----part 4-----

"Where the hell are they?" Heero demanded. "They should've been back hours ago."

"You don't suppose OZ captured them?" Wufei asked.

"I'll..."

The door swung open and Duo and Quatre walked, each with an arm around the other boy's shoulder. Other than each other, neither of them appeared to be holding anything.

"So, where's the groceries?" Heero asked.

"I knew we forgot something." Duo laughed, slapping a hand to his forehead. "Guess we'll have to order pizza again."

Heero's eyes narrowed. "Duo... where were you two if you weren't shopping." 

Duo let go of Quatre and shrugged noncommittally.

Quatre's legs gave way and he dropped to the floor like a newborn fawn.

"Sorry." Duo laughed, helping Quatre to his feet again.

"I won't kill him. I won't kill him. I won't kill him." Heero repeated to himself as Duo helped Quatre over to the sofa.

Duo looked around and walked over to Heero. "What am I supposed to do, Heero? Love you and praise you while you give nothing in return? You never told me you loved me. Whenever I tried to kiss you in public, you acted like you were ashamed of me. Like I was some dirty little secret you had to hide. I'd say it's over between us, Heero, but there was nothing there to begin with. Just the stupid infatuation of a heartbroken kid who finally wised up to the fact that you never loved him to begin with."

Heero sighed. He hadn't realized he'd been hurting Duo. He'd been so busy trying to be the Perfect Soldier for the group that he hadn't stopped to think of how it had been affecting the one person who'd ever tried to get close. And now that person had stopped trying. He shot a murderous look at Quatre, the one who'd won Duo's heart away from him when he'd been too busy worrying about his own image to notice. He took a step forward, then paused.

//It's not Quatre's fault, Heero Yuy.// he told himself. //It's your own. You drove him away with that Perfect Soldier bullshit. You saw the look on Duo's face when he and Quatre returned. He was happier than he'd ever been with you.//

"Congratulations," Heero told Quatre, "you win."

"Hey!" Quatre protested."I object to that remark. Duo is *NOT* just some prize to be *won* in a stupid game. He's a... " he faltered. here. He couldn't say human being.. "Um... whatever he is, he's not a kewpie doll."

"Whatever he is?" Trowa asked, finally putting down the book he'd been reading and taking notice of the conversation. "What does that mean?"

"Something strange happened earlier, when we had a run-in with some OZ troops." Duo shrugged. "it's nothing."

"Nothing?!" Quatre sounded incredulous. "Duo came to my rescue when they were trying to force themselves on me."

"Shot the bastards, big deal." Heero shrugged. "We shoot OZ troops in our sleep."

"Yeah, but he didn't shoot 'em." Quatre sounded excited. "He had this long red beams of light from the tips of his fingers and..."

"Hold the phone." Heero sounded skeptical. "Duo's a half-Black Worlder? I don't think so."

There was a sound behind him followed by a gasp from Wufei.

Duo was standing there with his lightclaws showing, hand up, palm inward, fingers side-by-side.

-----part 5-----

-Three months later... Yearly Pilot Medical Examination....

"Duo!" Quatre's shriek emerged from the testing room. "Duo, get your ass in here, right now!"

"I thought you were next." Duo blinked at Wufei.

"You'd better go see what they want." Heero told Duo.

Duo walked into the examining room.

"Oh, gods, my parents are gonna find out." Quatre was wailing. "They'll disown me! They'll shoot me in the lungs! Oh... Oh no! A fate worse than death." he pretended to swoon. "They'll make me marry Duo!"

Duo smiled. "I love you, too, Quatre." he chuckled. "What's wrong? You sound like a pregnant country girl."

"Try pregnant rich boy." Quatre sighed. "Duo, how could you do this to me?!"

"Don't tell me you forgot?" Duo smiled. "I'll have to remind you, I guess." He kissed Quatre seductively.

"I remember fine." Quatre pulled away. "I'm sorry." he added, seeing Duo's hurt expression. "I do love you, but if my family finds out I'm pregnant, they'll kill me. Last thing they'll want is a child in their family who's born out of wedlock."

"So, we'll get married." Duo kissed him, softly, upon the forehead. "Truth is, I've been thinking about asking you for some time. But I thought you'd say no. I mean, being lovers is one thing, but your a rich kid, and I'm just gutter trash."

"No, you're not." Quatre kissed Duo. "Not to me. I think we should find out more about your parents, however."

"Under the circumstances, that might not be such a bad idea." Duo agreed.

"Duo," the doctor told him. "while you're in here, I might as well have a look at you."

Duo nodded, and patiently sat through the usual examination. "What do you know of the Black World?" he asked. "I mean, what if a person were half of the Black World and half of this one, what kind of risk would that present to that person's children?"

"Well, assuming the Black World existed, and I don't believe it does, if the person were half-Black Worlder and half-human, the child might pick up some mild psychic abilities, but probably not much else since the human blood would dilute the Black Worlder blood."

"So, the baby wouldn't have lightclaws and wouldn't hurt itself."

The doctor shook his head. "The legend says the lightclaws don't appear until a person's teens. Why all the curiosity in that old myth anyhow?"

Duo extended the lightclaws from his fingertips for a moment, then retracted them.

"Extend those again, please?" the doctor requested. Once Duo had, the doctor examined them, carefully, and made a few notes.

"What are you doing?"

"Routine examine." the doctor replied. "Do the beams hurt? Is there any burning sensation?"

Duo thought about it. "No. They feel fine. I know they should burn, but they don't."

"You can retract them, now." The doctor said. "Well, they don't appear to be doing you any harm. As I said, chances are Quatre's baby will probably only inherit some mild psychic ability, so I wouldn't worry too much. But if you're still concerned, there's a club that meets on Friday nights to discuss old legends. They can tell you more about the Black World than I can."

"Thanks." Duo told him. 

"You can both go now." the doctor said. "Tell Chang Wufei he's next."

Duo opened the door and Wufei fell in.

"See what happens when you eavesdrop." he told Quatre, giving a little nodded.

"That hurt, Duo." Wufei grumbled from the floor.

-----part 6-----

"So, when's the wedding?" Wufei asked, as they left the hospital.

"As soon as we get to the JP." Duo replied. "That's less complicated than a church wedding. Pity, I was hoping I'd be married in a church. Oh well, we can have a church wedding later. For now, this will have to do."

"Why the rush."

"Because Quatre's family has him on a fucking leash and I'm sure his doctor's already called to inform them that I knocked him up."

"What?!" Heero stopped everyone and turned around. "Mind repeating that?"

"Sure. Quatre's got a bun in the oven."

Quatre blushed.

"Quatre's a guy, Duo. Hello... " Heero rapped Duo's head. "Anyone home?"

Duo shrugged. "Guess it don't matter to a Black Worlder. I don't know anything about what I am, but I hope to find out soon." He looked over at Quatre. "I have to."

The JP was in a bad mood and it took all of Duo's charm, not to mention a large amount of Quatre's money to convince the older man to perform the wedding ceremony. It had ended with. "You're married, happy now? Go to hell!" to which Duo had replied. "Very happy! Been there!" and had run out of the building with Quatre in tow.

"Where are we going?" Quatre wanted to know as Duo ran along, so fast that Quatre was literally flying beside him .

"Legends Club. Remember?" Duo asked. "We don't want to be late." He stopped at the library and walked up the stairs.

Quatre followed, glad to have both feet on firm ground again.


The woman at the center of the circle looked up. She had medium-length light brown hair and brown eyes. "Hello." she said. "May I help you?"

"I'm looking for the Legends Club."

"That's us." the woman replied. "And you are...?"

"Duo Maxwell."

"Pleased to meet you. Please, have a seat. Our guest speaker hasn't arrived yet. He's going to be filling us in on the events that supposedly took place between this dimension and the Black World around sixteen or so years ago."

"Around the time I was conceived." Duo remarked, thoughtfully.

An old man walked into the room. He was wearing a grey jogging suit and white sneakers. He looked around the room, then focused on Duo.

"Shiawase Renzuburu." the old man whispered, a smile coming to his face. "Makiae's child lives."

-----part 7 (or part 8 on the MLs. ^^;;)-----

"Makiae?" Duo asked. "Shiawase?"

"That's your name." the old man laughed. "Shiawase Renzuburu."

"Actually, it's Duo Maxwell." Duo replied. "It's been that for years and I don't intend to change it now."

"Don't." the old man smiled. "You've no idea how dangerous that old name is. No one here will tell anyone who you really are, but this news must not leave this room."

"It won't." the group leader assured him.

"Shia... Duo," the old man told him, "I was there when you were conceived. Well, I wasn't in the room..." he amended when Duo raised an eyebrow. "Though I have to admit, that would've been lots of fun. But I was the one who revived your parents after the arachnoid's attack on them. After that, they made love and you were conceived."

"Tell me about them." Duo asked. This was the very first time he'd come into contact with someone who knew about his parents.

"Your father's name was Takei Renzuburu. He was a member of an elite law enforcement organization known as the Black Guard. He was very brave and loyal, but also stubborn and sometimes downright overly casual about things."

"And my mother?"

"Her name was Makiae Renzuburu. She married Takei right after you were conceived. She was a Black Guard from the Black World. Very beautiful."

"Do you have any pictures of her?"

The old man shook his head. "None, I'm afraid."

"And how do you fit into all this..." Duo began, faltering as he realized the man hadn't given his name.

"Giusseppe Myart." the man finally introduced himself. "It was my job to guard them, but somehow things got screwy and they thought they were supposed to protect me."

"Mr. Myart." Duo asked. "If I got a male pregnant, would he be in any danger?"

"Well, I'd recommend a c-section for the delivery." Giusseppe replied. "But if you mean because you're half Black Worlder. No."

Duo let out a sigh of relief.

-----part 8 (or part 9 on the MLs. ^^;;)-----


The Safehouse.... around midnight.

"Duo...."

Duo woke and saw the pleading look of desire in Quatre's eyes. "Quatre, you're pregnant. It might not be safe. I don't want to risk you losing the baby. We'll talk to the doctor about it tomorrow, then we can make love."

"I'll be okay." Quatre replied. "I already asked the doctor about it. Please, Duo."

Duo drew Quatre back into his arms, so they were lying there, spoon-fashion (1), and slipped his erection, carefully, into Quatre, making love to the blond pilot until they both came. Then, Duo withdrew and held Quatre in his arms, kissing him, tenderly and drawing him close.


They woke the next morning to the sound of a woman screaming some obscenities at them in Arabic.

"Mom?!" Quatre yelped. 

"Um... I can explain," Duo stammered, "This is how it looks, we are making love, but um... we're married, so that's okay, right?"

"Good explanation." Quatre rolled his eyes.

"I run..." Duo began his litany.

"Oh, shut up." Quatre grumbled. "Mom, I love Duo. Please?"

"First off, I don't intend to let my son go through life as the spouse of another man," Mrs. Winner pointed out. "And secondly, if I were on the inclination to let him do so, I would pick out someone befitting of his stature, not a common, filthy piece of street trash."

Duo glared at her. He didn't need to hear this. Quatre didn't need to either, by the looks of him. The blond was also glaring.

"Don't you glare your eyes at me, Quatre Raberba Winner." the woman fumed.

"Don't *you* insult Duo!" Quatre shot back. "Duo is the most wonderful husband a man could ask for. Now, leave us alone."

"You are not my son." Mrs. Winner informed him. "Enjoy your poverty."

She turned and stormed out of the room.

"I'm sorry," Duo told Quatre as he held him. "I've ruined your life and ..." He wished he could crawl under a rock and stay there. He'd had a tough life as a street thief and the idea of Quatre suffering the same fate wounded his heart.

"No, you didn't." Quatre kissed him. "I have a wonderful husband and a new baby on the way. That's enough wealth for me."

(1) "There is no spoon." (Sorry 'bout that. Had to.)

[Additional Clarification: By the above footnote, Sephiroth was referring to the line in the movie "The Matrix."]

-----TBC-----

Hosted by www.Geocities.ws

1