In A Gilded Cage

-----prologue-----

"Please, don't ask me to do this." Duo stared at Dr.G in horror. "Please, I don't love him. I love Heero."

"I know, Duo." Dr. G patted the boy's shoulder. "But I'm afraid you have no choice. Now, get into your bridal kimono. Dr.J will be here shortly and you want to look pretty for your future husband." 

"And if I try to escape?"

"You'd probably get away." Dr. G admitted. "Of course," he pointed at the monitor where Quatre could be seen lying in a corner of a cell, "you might not get back in time to save your friend, and if you tried to rescue him, we'd introduce lethal gas into the cell before you could open it."

"If I marry Dr.J, will you...?" Duo could barely believe what he was saying. Dr.J was hideously unattractive. The idea of being touched by him made Duo's skin crawl.

"Release Quatre? We'll do it as a wedding present." Dr.G agreed. "Now, get dressed."

Duo picked up the wedding kimono and started to head to the door.

"Here."

Flushing red with virginal embarrassment, Duo changed into his bridal kimono while Dr.G's eyes scrutinized every inch of his body. They fell upon the scar that ran across Duo's abdomen. "The implant seems to be doing nicely."

"Don't remind me." Duo shuddered. "I hate this. All of it."

"No choice, remember?" Dr.G lead Duo into the temple and to the altar where Dr.J waited with a military chaplain.

Dr.J was as ugly as Duo Maxwell was beautiful. And throughout the nuptials, Duo felt himself fighting down the urge to vomit. As the wedding ceremony drew to a close, Duo prayed he would die on his wedding night. 

//Please, God, if you're there... let it be too big for me to handle. Let it rip me apart and kill me. I can't handle the thought of his hands on me every night. Please, let it kill me. Amen.// 


Dr. J carried Duo into the bedroom and lowered him onto the bed. He undid Duo's wedding kimono and tossed it into a corner. Then, he began to grope and fondle Duo.

//Oh God, please... please ...// Duo turned away, trying to avoid his new husband's hideous appearance.

Dr.J turned Duo's face back to him. "Let me look into your beautiful eyes while I prepare you." he said, slipping a finger into Duo and working the lubricant into him. "There, " he said, pulling his finger out. "Now, get up on your hands and knees and face the mirror."

Duo obediently got up on all fours. He watched in revulsion as he was penetrated by the ugly man. Forced to watch, he felt his stomach turning as Dr. J thrust into him over and over. He felt the man's hands groping and stroking him. Shame and revulsion washed over him in a tidal wave as he came and Dr.J came inside him. He staggered over to a corner where there was a waste basket, and vomited into it for several minutes.

*****

Quatre looked up from his cell. "If you don't let me out of here..."

"You're free to go." Dr.G told him. "You and the other three are never to return to this complex again."

"Other four." Quatre corrected him.

"Other three." Dr. G insisted. "Duo Maxwell is no longer a Gundam Pilot."

"What are you talking about?" Quatre asked.

"It's not your concern." Dr. G led Quatre to the front door. They passed Dr.J's room where Quatre could hear animalistic lust grunts and a sob that sounded like...

"Great Allah, please don't let that be..."

"Sounds like Dr.J's still at it with your friend." Dr. G noted, offhandedly.

"You son of a ..." Quatre rushed for Dr.J's bedroom door.

"They're married." Dr.G told him. "That's the reason we let you go. It was a wedding gift to Duo."

'You son of a...." then something struck the back of his head, and he was out cold.

*****

"Master Quatre?"

Quatre sat up in bed. "Great Allah. What a horrible nightmare." he looked around and saw he was in his family's private hospital. "Rashid?"

"You were found unconscious by the roadside." Rashid told him. "I took the liberty of having you examined and happily you haven't been compromised in any way."

"The others?" he asked. "Where are they?"

"Three of them are waiting in the next room." Rashid replied. "We don't know where your friend Duo is, however."

"Dr. J has him." Quatre closed his eyes and wept on Duo's behalf.

"Shall we send a rescue team?" Rashid asked.

Quatre shook his head. "It's too late." he whispered. "They're married."

-----part 1-----

The boy finished brushing his long white hair and sat looking at himself in the mirror. He'd grown up in this room, his skin, already pale, further bleached by a lifetime out of the sunlight, kept hidden in this room like a bird in a gilded cage.

He'd never known his parents. His mother, he'd been told, had been a whore who'd sold him to these men for dope money. His father... given his mother's occupation, his father could be anybody.

Pale violet eyes flashed with anger for a moment, then he caught a glimpse of the bruise on his cheek. Dr.J had given it to him when he'd caught the boy going outside. The boy had just gone to check get some fresh air. And Dr.J had had a hissy fit, dragging the boy inside and striking him.

"Never let yourself be seen." he'd told him, angrily. "Now get into your room and stay there!"

*****

"Odin Yuy! Get in here right now! It's pouring out!"

Odin Yuy, son of Heero Yuy and Quatre Raberba Winner, ran into the house. "Sorry. Can't help him. In love."

"Oh?" Quatre raised an eyebrow. "So, who's won your heart?"

"A boy." Odin smiled. "A beautiful boy with the most gorgeous violet eyes."

Quatre blinked. Could it be? After all this time, was Duo somehow alive. He took out a picture of Duo and showed it to his son. "Is that him?"

"No, it kinda looks a little like him, but he has pale violet eyes and his hair is white."

"How old is he?"

"Maybe a year older than me." Odin shrugged.

//Duo gave birth.// Quatre thought to himself. //That bastard made Duo carry his child.//

He later spoke these thoughts aloud to Heero.

-----part 2-----

"That bastard! That lousy son of a bitch!" Heero was throwing a major conniption fit. "That filthy bastard touched Duo! He *touched* him! He put his grimy, ugly paws all over Duo!" he stormed out to his Gundam. "I'm going to kill that son of a bitch for putting his hands on Duo!"

"What about the boy?" Quatre asked, following.

"Sacrifices must be made." Heero glared.

"That boy is all that's left of Duo."

Quatre's words stopped Heero dead in his tracks. The Arabian pilot was right. "We'll rescue Duo's son, then destroy the doctors' hideout."

*****

"That's the plan." Heero told the other pilots. "We go in, get the boy, leave, and wipe the place off the map. Now, who's going to retrieve Duo's son?"

"I am."

Everyone turned to the figure in the door.

"Odin," Heero said, "you stay home."

"No way." Odin shook his head. "It has to be me. Don't ask why, it just has to."

Heero gave in. "Very well, then." he agreed. "Just be very careful."

-----part 3-----

Odin Yuy carefully picked the locks on steel door and walked in. "Hello?"

The pale boy looked up at him, eyes full of wonder. He'd never seen a boy his own age, much less had one speak to him. "Hello?" he managed, timidly.

"I'm Odin Yuy."

The boy did not reply.

"Do you have a name?" Odin asked.

The boy shook his head. "I'm just leftovers from a discontinued science project or something." he shrugged. "Why bother naming something like that?"

"All beautiful things should have names." Odin found himself saying.

"I'm not beautiful." the boy replied. 

"You are to me." Odin told him. "Let's go."

"Go where?"

"I'm getting you out of here." Odin replied.

"I can't." the boy told him. "This is all I've ever known."

"Then let me teach you about what you don't know. Let me teach you about the world, and pretty things, and love and all those nice things."

"Love." the boy turned away. "What is that? I've never heard that word before."

Odin was horrified. He didn't waste a single minute longer in conversation. Instead, he grabbed the other boy's wrist and dragged him along the corridor at top speed.

Heero met up with them as they were running across the yard. "Faster!" he encouraged urgently. He picked up the nameless body and his own son and ran as fast as he. He was still running when the building exploded, throwing them several feet forward.

"Odin," Heero asked, "are you okay?"

Odin nodded. "You okay?" he asked the other boy.

"My home!" the boy sobbed.

Heero shook his head. "That was your prison." he explained. He pointed in the direction of the safehouse. "Your home is that way. It's where your... where your mom grew up."

"I hate that bitch! I hate her!"

"You don't know, do you?" Heero asked. 

"What?" the boy asked. "That my mom was a whore? That she sold me for drug money?"

"Your mother wasn't a she. Your 'mother' was a young boy named Duo Maxwell." Heero explained. "He was a fighter pilot until you father, Dr. J forced him into marriage and made him carry you. He died giving birth to you."

"Dr.J was my...?" the boy asked.

Heero nodded.

"There's a lot I have to learn over." the boy decided.

-----Owari-----

Hosted by www.Geocities.ws

1