Heaven Keeps No Time

Heero and Duo ran down the corridor of the OZ facility, firing back at their pursuers.

"What the hell did you rescue me for, Duo?" Heero demanded. "You should've let me die here."

"Not a chance, lover." Duo replied. "Now, hurry up and let's get the hell out of here." As Heero passed him, the Shinigami Pilot reached out and took the Perfect Soldier's hand.

Holding hands, they kept running, the exit coming into view.

Heero felt a blinding pain as something struck him in the back. For a moment, everything went black. Then, he was standing upon a misty white cloud with Duo in his arms.

"This is why you shouldn't have come back." he told Duo. "It got you killed."

"We died together." Duo's eyes sparkled, Heaven's starlight reflected within them. "Neither of us had to leave the other or be alone."

Heero leaned forward to kiss Duo, but being unused to the cloud's lack of any real surface, he toppled over and landed on top of the other angel.

Duo laughed and kissed Heero. Heero carefully stripped off Duo's heavenly robes and his own and was about to enter Duo when the braided angel vanished.

"What the?!"

Another angel walked up. "Don't worry. He's not in any trouble. He was just reincarnated, that's all."

"Nice timing." Heero grumbled. "So, who's he gonna be? A future leader... or rock star."

"Future?" the angel asked. "Oh, future. Not all reincarnations are sent into today's children. Some are sent into the future you speak of, others are sent into what you call the past."

"I don't understand." Heero sounded confused.

"There is no linear time in Heaven." the angel explained. "Past, present, and future are as one here."

"I want to see Duo." Heero finally said. "I want to know he's all right. Show me!"

"Very well." the angel lead Heero the edge of the cloud. "The reincarnation took place several years ago. A person who was not meant to die died before their time because one of our enemies attacked their family, disguising themselves as Federation leaders in order to cause the war you've been fighting since you can remember. This one person was too important to just write off, so we did a reincarnation before the doctors even knew they were gone."

"Show me what happened to Duo."

"Which moment would you like to see?"

"Anything but his funeral." Heero replied.

"Then look..." the angel pointed at the shoreline where a solitary figure stood upon the cliffside.

"HEEEEEROOOOOOO!", Relena called out " I'M RIGHT OVER HERE, SO COME AND KILL ME!"

-----Owari-----

Hosted by www.Geocities.ws

1