Gundam Carnival (a Gundam Wing & Robot Carnival fusion)

Gundam Carnival Index:
Gundam Carnival Titles:
#1. Star Light Duo
#2. Ubaitoru
#3. Ni Gundam no Monogatari
#4. Shinigami no Akumu
Robot Carnival Versions:
#1. Star Light Angel
#2. Deprive
#3. A Tale of Two Robots
#4. Nightmare

---------------------------------
Tale 1: Star Light Duo
---------------------------------

The lights of the roller coaster were dazzling to the eyes of those who watched it hug the sweeping curves of its majestic track. In the foremost car, Chang Wufei cheered as Duo Maxwell bore a look of "how did he talk me into this?" on his face. Duo was the type who was absolutely fine doing twice this speed in the cockpit of his Gundam while taking out enemy fighters, but who was the real white-knuckle type when it came to roller coasters. By the time the ride was over, Duo was passed out and slumped over. Trowa frowned and helped him out of the car.

The two of them bought ice cream cones and walked the midway, chatting. Then Wufei blushed.

"What is it?" Duo asked.

Wufei whispered into Duo's ear that he was going to meet his boyfriend there.

Duo smiled. "You sly devil." he grinned. "You never told me you had a boyfriend. So, do I get to meet him?"

Wufei nodded, then led Duo to where Wufei and his boyfriend were supposed to meet.

Duo stopped short as he saw a familiar figure standing there.

Wufei raced up and hugged the other boy. 

"Qua...Quatre?" Duo's heart sank. He and Quatre had only gone out once, it was true. But it had been Duo's very first date and Quatre had promised to call. He'd even given Duo a beautiful pendant, telling him that he was the only one Quatre would ever love.

Quatre's eyes went wide as he tried to think of something to say.

Wufei looked between the nonplussed look on Quatre's face and the shattered look that Duo bore.

Then Duo ran off, sobbing. The chain he wore snapped as he ran, landing at the feet of a robot who picked it up and studied it. The robot held up a hand, but Duo didn't see it and kept running.

Soon, Duo was lost, looking around, he saw several rides and attractions, but none held anymore interest. The carnival was no longer fun.

The robot had spent all day grumbling about how its friend, who worked part time as a clown with the circus that was affiliated with this particular carnival, had talked him into taking this part time job. But the handsome youth he'd just seen made the whole thing worth while. He followed until they reached one of the rides.

In the meantime, Quatre was trying to talk his way out of things. He failed utterly, however, and received a slap across the face from Wufei for his trouble.

"Why not try it out?" the robot offered. "Have fun. Forget your pain for a while. You might as well have fun while you're here."

Duo felt a pair of gentle but firm robot arms lift him into the ride. It sped down the track, then something changed and unexpectedly, he was falling through the air, crying out in shock and horror, until he landed in the arms of the robot, which was flying high above the carnival. At this altitude, Duo soon found that he, too, was capable of flight, and the two new friends were soon having the time of their lives spiraling around each other and buzzing the crowds.

"Oh, I almost forgot." the robot held out the chain Duo had lost.

Duo felt pain return to him as he remembered the kiss he and Quatre had exchanged on the night Quatre had given him that. He'd been such a fool. Angrily, he slapped it away, then turned and fled toward the boundaries of the carnival.

"Not that way!" the robot cried out. "There's an OZ base on the other side of that wall!" But Duo wasn't listening. The robot followed again.

Duo was crying so hard he didn't see the OZ guardbot until he flew straight into it. He turned and started to fly away. Then saw the robot who had befriended him before coming to his rescue. The robot grabbed a hold of Duo's waist and started to fly away. Then a barrage of enemy fire knocked off the robot's face, revealing a strong and handsome young man. Duo, who had just had his heart broken, was angry that this man had tricked him. What kind of fool did this jerk take him for. He elbowed the man in the ribs, then flew off again.

The guardbot reached out and grabbed him. He cried for help as he struggled to free himself. Then, the young man saw the pendant Duo had been wearing and realized it was a starsaber. flying down, he grabbed it, then ignited it, flying upward until he was right in the guardbot's face. With a great war-cry, he struck the guardbot in the face, shorting out its central brain system. It dropped Duo as it reached for its face and the other young man swooped down to catch him.


"Are you all right?" the young man asked Duo.

Duo nodded and smiled at him. "What's your name?" he asked.

"Heero." the other boy replied. "Yours?"

"Duo."



Sometime later, Duo and Wufei stood waiting at the entrance. Duo checked his watch a few times. It was getting late.

"Duo!" Heero called as he came through the exit dressed in his street clothes. 

Wufei watched with a smile as Duo ran over to Heero and embraced him happily.

------------------------------------
Tale 2: Ubaitoru (part 1)
------------------------------------

In the quiet afternoon sunlight, people strolled through the shopping district, some carrying their newly acquired purchases. They chatted and laughed. New friends were made, old friends talked of old times, and all was right with the world.

The OZ troops attacked without warning, raining death and destruction down upon the peaceful city. Robotic guardians came to help. One of these had long ago befriended Duo Maxwell, a young boy who lived there.

This day was special to them, being the anniversary of their first meeting, and Duo had bought the robot a pendant to wear. Duo reached out to hand the pendant to the robot...

...just as the enemy troops burst onto the scene and grabbed Duo, knocking the robot down.

Duo cried out for help, reaching for the robot, who lie prone upon the floor, reaching out with its hand, the pendant still clutched firmly in its grasp, then he was gone.

------------------------------------
Tale 2: Ubaitoru (part 2)
------------------------------------

The OZ soldiers who had abducted Duo sped on back to their headquarters with an unconscious Duo in tow. The braided boy was held in a small capsule with a mask over his face keeping him drugged and asleep. 

As they raced back with their precious cargo, the robot they'd left behind stood silently under the charging wires. He was going to need all his abilities at full strength if he was going to rescue Duo.


The young man known as Trowa Barton leaned forward on his jet-cycle, his unibang tossed wildly about by the wind as he raced toward his destination. As he approached the first wave of sentinels, he leapt from the bike, dodging and weaving in mid-air, and tumbling from the shoulders of one robot to the next, taking them out as he went until he was past them and heading for the next, stronger, wave.

A blast knocked him down and he lay there, momentarily stunned. But Trowa wasn't giving up this easily. He stood up and ran forward, dodging blasts left and right. One struck him. He was all but out of range, however, and all that it managed to do was burn away his outer coat. He grinned with fierce determination, the lead a barrage of enemy fire across the edge of an OZ vessel, which destroyed the vessel and left him unhurt.

Then he realized that he was looking down the barrel of an OZ weapon. It discharged and he fell to the ground, unconscious.


Within the OZ headquarters, Zechs lounged about, bored as hell. The last few prisoners were far from entertaining and barely paid any notice to the exquisite beauty chained to his wall. Trowa was raised into the middle of the room, suspended upside down by gravity rings bound around his limbs. With a nonchalant wave, Zechs ordered another jolt of energy to be delivered through Trowa's body.

Trowa cried out in pain as the energy burned through him. The cyborg suit he often wore kicked into emergency activation mode, forming around him.

Zechs half-rose from his seat. These was getting interesting. He rose the rest of the way as Trowa broke free of his bonds and landed on the floor, ready to spring. He ordered the two guardbots who sat near his throne to fire on the robot. 

Trowa leapt straight into their blasts, the armored suit protecting him from harm, until he was right at the charger that controlled the energy for first of the offending weapons. With a tug, he pulled it free, disarming the first guardbots. Then, leaping and dodging the second set of blasts, he pulled the muzzle of the second weapon from from its moorings, disarming the second one.

Zechs walked down the ramp from his throne. He would just have to deal with this obstinate fool himself. There was a cruel smile upon his lips as he made his way toward Trowa. At last someone was there who offered him a bit of sport and a challenge.

Trowa waited, sizing up his opponent. To his surprise, Zechs hugged him close for a moment, then punched him hard. He fell back and his cyborg armor vanished from around him. Not stopping to wonder about this, he leapt at Zechs who fired a laser at him from his eye which had been cybernetically enhanced. Knowing he couldn't get the suit to work completely, he settled for just the areas that the patch-beam was being aimed at until he got close enough to deliver a punch to the eye in question.

Zechs grinned up at Trowa as he activated his escape sequence and vanished from the room. 

Trowa leaped up to where Duo was chained to the wall and unbound him. Then, he carried the braided boy to safety. He was at the topmost part of the jagged calderas surrounding the OZ Headquarters when Duo woke and looked up at him. 

Duo saw the smiling face of the handsome young man, then saw the
pendant he'd given the cyborg who had always been his best friend. Realizing that they were one and the same, he threw his arms around the young man and holding him close.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Tale 3: Ni Gundam No Monogatari (part 1)
---------------------------------------------------------------

Unheralded by the citizens of the young colony, a demented scientist made his way to their shores riding in his newly built state of the art Gundam.

"This greedy little colony will soon know the folly of its ways when it faces the might of my invincible Gundam." he laughed. "Let's go get 'em! Nothing is impossible for a genius like me!"


Heero Yuy pulled his headband tight, then spoke with determination in his voice. "The time has come," he said, "for us to defend our honor."

"I don't think this particular 'Gundam' was built to defend anyone's honor." Duo Maxwell pointed out.

"He's right." Wufei agreed. "It was built for the parade."

"That's the point, baka." Heero argued. "Everyone take a control."

The reason for this last statement was that while the Gundam in question was mobile, it took five people to operate, one for each limb, counting the head.

"Quatre, are you set?"

"All set." Quatre sighed.

"Attack!" Heero commanded. 

The makeshift Gundam rose to its feet and took a step forward.

Dr. J stared at it, then stared at it from behind one eye, as if to make sure he was seeing what he thought he was.

"How dare you disturb this colony on the day of it's anniversary parade?" Heero challenged him. "Prepare to be destroyed! Engage the enemy! Right leg up!"

Quatre looked supremely bored as he worked the controls he was responsible for, kicking a newly built house out of the way.

Heero winced.

"Quatre no baka! We can't fight him with scrap metal. Be careful!"


"What the hell is that?" various colonists ask, meaning whichever of the two Gundams they happened to be looking at at the time.


"I can never forgive this!" Dr. J ranted. "Do they really think they have the right to own a machine that works the same as one invented by me!" He stepped out and took to the top of the machine, carrying his megaphone with him.


"Hey, Heero." Wufei told "Someone just came out of there."

Heero checked. "Oh great. It's a foreigner. Duo, what do we do now?!"

"I am Dr. J," the man announced, "the most brilliant scientist in all the world. You have," he checked his watch, "three seconds to surrender. Three.. two.. one.. No? Oh well, times up, I'm afraid."

"What did he say?" Heero asked.

"Beats me," Wufei shrugged. "Foreign language is hard enough, but English through a megaphone is impossible."

------TBC-----

Hosted by www.Geocities.ws

1