Chibification

-----part 1-----

Heero listened intently to the silence and was about to fall asleep when he heard the strangely familiar cry coming from down the hall. He was sure he knew the voice, but it seemed odd. Different somehow.
"Hush," came Trowa's voice from the same area. "It's okay. We'll figure this out somehow."

//Figure what out?// Heero wondered to himself.

"In the meanwhile, you'd better stay home. You're too little to be a gundam pilot at the moment. I don't want you getting hurt."

There was a silence, then the voice that was familiar and yet different spoke again.

"But I don't wanna dis'point Heero." it said.

//Duo?// Heero wondered about this. He went down the hall and stopped short.

Duo looked much younger. He was about knee high to Heero, though his braid was still the same length it had been before.

"Duo!" Heero exclaimed in surprise. "What the heck happened to you?"

Duo shrugged.

"HELP!" Quatre exclaimed, running into the room. He might normally be very calm and collected, but waking up and finding himself suddenly no bigger than a child was rather disturbing.

-----part 2-----

The three still-normal pilots were holding a meeting. Something that wasn't easy with the Chibi-Duo and Chibi-Quatre playing Heroes and Bandits around the room.

"We need to find out what's turned Duo and Quatre into chibis." Heero told them, pausing to look down at the two chibis now running rings around him.

Trowa laughed. "Okay, you two, " he said, picking up the protesting chibis. "Let's go and see if we can find something to keep you occupied."

Little Chibi-Duo wriggled out of Trowa's grip and climbed into Heero's lap. "Daddy?" he said, figuring he might as well enjoy this as long as he had go through it. "Whatcha doin', daddy?"

"Trying to find a way to get you back to normal." Heero replied. He then remembered who he was talking to. "Let me rephrase that..." he began, only to be thwarted by a playful hug from Chibi-Duo, who also gave Heero a little kiss on the cheek.

Chibi Quatre, in the meanwhile, was in the kitchen with Trowa, who was starting to get together a couple snacks for the two chibis.

"There." Trowa announced to Chibi Quatre as he finished pouring the juice and started to put the carton back into the refrigerator.



In the other room, they heard a startled yelp and a crash. Heero leaped up, causing Duo to fall unceremoniously to the floor with a surprised yelp and a small "thud*, while Wufei also leaped up from his own chair. They ran into the kitchen and saw the broken juice container on the floor. In the midst of the mess, stood the now chibified Trowa, who had dropped it in surprise.

Wufei quickly fetched a broom and dustpan to sweep up the glass while Heero carefully reached over it and lifted chibi-Trowa out of the danger zone. 

"You okay?" Heero asked.

Chibi-Trowa nodded. "What's going on."

-----part 3-----

The repairman put his toolkit down and walked into his private office, to answer his personal phone, which had been ringing for some time.

"Good afternoon to you, too, Mr. Z." he told the person who was calling. "Yes, I took care of that little matter, if you'll pardon the pun. No, it looks like the real thing, so they'll never find it. You will send the money, right? Excellent. It is always a pleasure to do business with you, Mr. Z." he hung up the phone and sat back in his chair to dream of what he would do with the money that was forthcoming.


At the hideout, the three chibis were happily munching on snacks and talking about the way they'd each become chibis. As they spoke, something clicked in Duo's mind. Each of them had gotten something out of the..

He heard Heero start to open the fridge and ran to stop him.

"Omae o korosu!" came a squeaky voice from the kitchen.

//Too late.// Duo thought as he sank to the floor in defeat.

-----TBC-----

Hosted by www.Geocities.ws

1