Bill & Ted's Anime Adventure (Crossover of: Bill & Ted, Gundam Wing, Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy VIII, and Ranma 1/2)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Author's note: This takes place roughly sixteen years after Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----part 1-----


The noon sun beat down upon the payphone booth, faux lasers and erschatz star light dancing off the silver framework. It stood in the driveway of a well-kept house in San Dimas, California, just off to the side enough to allow the garage door to open. To further explain, the garage door was one of those kind that lifts out straight, as opposed to the kind that rolls up. The outside of the door was pristine white, having been recently repainted by the home's strict and fastidious owner. The inside, however, was not quite as pristine, having just been exposed to the acrid smoke of yet another set of guitar-blown speakers.

The rest of the house was equally white, save for the dark blue shutters and the kelly-green awning that had recently been over the door to stop the daily paper from getting wet, after the new delivery boy had thrown it down, unwrapped more times than Police Captain Logan cared to remember. To the Captain's chagrin, the boy had started throwing the paper onto the lawn; a fact his son and grandson seemed to find amusing.

Two teenaged boys, cousins by a strange quirk of fate otherwise known as Missy, stumbled out of the garage, followed by billows of smoke. The boy on the left had shoulder length hair that fell somewhere between dark brown and black. Coughing, he rubbed his smoke-irritated dark blue eyes. The blond boy beside him, who wore his hair in an unkempt spike-cut, did pretty much the same thing, coughing the smoke from his lungs as he rubbed his brown eyes.

The door to the house opened and two men came running out. They bore a striking resemblance to the two boys, though their own hair was tinged with grey which neither man seemed too bothered with. Another oddity was that the dark-haired boy belonged to the blond man and vice versa.

"Whoa," the dark haired man blinked at the garage, apparently awestruck, "too much power."

"Totally," his companion agreed, crossing his arms in front of himself and leaning, just so. "Nice going, dudes." 

The blond man gave the two teenagers an approving grin, "This is just how your dads started out before we, and your totally excellent moms, became..."

"Wyld Stallyns!" two women, the aforementioned 'totally excellent moms', also known as Elizabeth and Joanna, chorused from the doorway as they came out of the house with trays laden with food and drinks.

"The speakers will take some time to cool before we can move them out of the way," the auburn haired woman suggested with a patient smile on her face. "So, in the meantime, let's all sit down and have a bite to eat."

Little Bill Logan and Little Ted Prescott both agreed that this was a fantastic idea and were about to join their parents when a second phone booth appeared next to the first one; one that hadn't been seen since the younger Bill and Ted were in diapers.

"Rufus!" the older Bill & Ted exclaimed, along with their wives.

A man in a fabulously sleek outfit; a v-line coat, straight jeans and a pair of top-of-the-line sunglasses stepped out of the booth and waved. 

"Long time, no see, Rufus," Ted paused to think for a moment, then asked. "Or should we call you dad?"

Rufus smiled. "Rufus is fine," he told them. He was used to the name, and given her track record, he didn't expect to be Missy's husband for very long.

Little Bill and Little Ted were overcome with excitement. Rufus was a name they recognized. Their moms had told them fantastic stories when they'd been children, about how they (the moms) had once lived in a time and place called Medieval England. These stories all included a brave knight from the future called Rufus who came to their world in a phone booth. He'd rescued them just they were about to be married to two horrible old men, or as Rufus (and the boy's fathers) called them, "those royal ugly dudes."

"I'm sorry to interrupted lunch," Rufus apologized, "but I'm afraid we have an urgent problem."

"Bogus." Bill & Ted chorused. 

"So, what is the problem?" Ted asked.

"Stephen DeNomolos," Rufus explained grabbing half a sandwich. "You don't mind?" 

"No, not at all. Help yourself," Bill said, meaning it. 

"Thanks," Rufus smiled, as he chewed the sandwich and washed it down with a sip from the glass of Kool-Aid the dark-haired woman had poured him. "Delicious."

Both women beamed, happy at the compliment.

"Who's Stephen DeNomolos?" Elizabeth asked.

"The son of Chuck DeNomolos," Rufus explained between bites, "which makes him your step-brother and my step-son. He's also an even bigger problem with his father."

"How so, Rufus?" Ted wanted to know.

"I'm afraid he's reinvented something we had hoped was a thing of the past," the time traveler told his hosts.

Rufus's eyes told the family he was visiting that the 'something' in question wasn't just some bad TV series or poorly styled sneaker.

"What," Joanna asked.

Rufus's eyes went dark and all the joy left his face as he uttered the name of the one thing he truly hated, "War."

"Bogus," the six family members agreed. 

"You didn't come to ask our kids to fight," Joanna looked at Rufus with troubled eyes.

"No," Rufus assured her. "What I need them to do is far more important. In our time, we live in total peace. Our people know nothing of fighting. We cannot take people from your time, since their deaths could have a totally negative effect on our time. That leaves us with one option. We've been looking over some of the old video games and anime series, trying to find people who can fight on our behalf. We were just about to send someone from our time, when the time travel center was blown up. Fortunately, I had my personal booth at my home."

"Why didn't you go," Elizabeth asked.

"I would, but I realized that your sons would be more familiar with the characters than I would and they might have better luck with getting them to fight for us."

"Do you want to go," Bill asked the two boy, sipping his own Kool-Aid

"It's up to you," Ted added, taking a bite of his sandwich.

Little Bill and Little Ted both nodded, excitedly. They were going to have an adventure, just like their parents had done with they were teenagers.

"Here's the list of characters who seem to be the best fighters." 

Little Ted took the list and stuffed it into his pocket. He wolfed down the last two bites of his sandwich then made for the Wyld Stallyns booth, his cousin following close behind.

-----part 2-----

"Hey, Rufus," Little Ted asked as they opened the booth door, "how are we gonna get into those videogames and stuff?"

"This is how,." Rufus replied. "The TimeShark. Just hook it up to a the PlayStation OmniDeluxe and link it to the booth," he did these things as he mentioned them. "Now you can go to any world on that list. Just remember, the clock here is always ticking and you must return in time for me to get them back to my world before war breaks out. Hurry, I estimate my world has less than 48 hours left."

Rufus stood back and waved goodbye to the sons of two men who were both his greatest idols and his dearest friends.

The original Bill and Ted ran up to offer some parting advice to their sons.

"Be excellent to each other," Bill told the younger boys.

"Party on, dudes," Little Bill and Little Ted chimed in replied, as they closed the booth.

"So," Little Bill asked. "Who's first?"

"Heero Yuy," Little Ted replied, dialing the number for the Gundam Wing linkup.

Bill & Ted watched the familiar disappearance of the time machine, nothing the slight variation.

"Bill," Ted turned and headed back to the lunch table where some food still stood, awaiting its destiny.

"Yeah, Ted," Bill asked, taking a handful of potato chips.

"Twenty years ago, we were gaping with awe at stuff like Star Wars and now we just sent our kids off in a time machine, and it was, like, no big deal."

"The times they are a-changin', dude," Ted offered, unsure of where he'd heard the line. 

~I sure hope so.~ Rufus thought.


*****

"How do we get this Heero guy," Little Bill asked as they stood on a street corner not far from the safehouse.

Little Ted already had a plan. As Duo Maxwell walked by, he opened the booth door and dragged the braided Gundam Pilot inside. Then Little Ted held a hand over Duo's mouth while Little Bill phoned Heero.

*****

Heero picked up the phone and heard Duo's muffled voice. "Who is this?"

"Your boyfriend is fine. Come pick him up at the phone booth on the corner."

The caller hung up and Heero sat down at his laptop. "Nice try, Duo," he grumbled at the braided pilot's obvious ploy for attention. "There is no phone booth at the corner."

He opened the next email message. It was three simple words:

"THERE IS NOW"

He looked outside and saw Duo there being held by two boys were about the same age as the Gundam Pilots. Running outside, he hurried to the booth, forcing the door open. But as he reached for Duo, Little Bill and Little Ted yanked him inside and closed the door. 

Heero was about to push the door open again, when the booth dropped into the Circuits of GameTime. "Where are we heading?" he asked.

"To a realm of greed, corruption, power, goodness, magic and one most triumphant sword." Little Ted told them.

"Where?" Duo blinked.

"Final Fantasy 7." Little Bill shrugged.

-----TBC-----

Hosted by www.Geocities.ws

1