An Old Friend (Sequel to Right Under Our Noses)

-----part 1-----


Heero looked over at his newly married 'wife' as Duo dozed beside him on the plane. The two were snuggled close, in each other's arms, too much in love to care about the rude remarks a number of the 
passengers made. He pressed his lips to Duo's, to awaken him. But Duo was exhausted and went on sleeping. 

"Your attention, please." the cabin attendant spoke up. "We will be landing shortly, so we ask that you please make sure all seatbelts are secure and place your tray tables in the upright position.

//Duo, we're landing.// Heero shook the braided pilot, but Duo just went on sleeping. 

The plane landed and came to a stop at the exit ramp. Since Duo was asleep, Heero had no choice but to carry him off the plane. He got a chirper (1) placed the luggage, and Duo, on top of it, and headed out to the taxi stand.

"Interesting luggage, sir." the cabbie smirked, as they placed the suitcases in the trunk and Duo in the back seat. "How much do they charge for shipping Gundam Pilots these days?" He asked, after they were in the cab.

Heero's eyes widened. "How did you ...?"

"I've been keeping tabs on Duo for years." the cabbie smiled. "We go back a long way. I suspect he'd be very surprised to see me, though."

"Tell me about yourself." Heero said, evenly.

"Okay. First off, as you probably guessed, I'm from the L2 Colony. I drive this cab in my spare time to make extra money, but my official job is that of an OZ messenger."

Heero drew and aimed his gun.

"Easy, there!" The cabbie laughed. "I said my *official* job. I truth I'm a spy for the colonies. Being a messenger for OZ makes me privy to lots of hard-to-get information. Plus, being officially dead makes one hard to track."

"Dead?" Heero actually blinked at this one.

"Yep." the cabbie smiled. "As a doornail. Got the plague a long time ago."

"Then how...?"

"OZ found my body and gave it to their scientists to experiment on." the cabbie explained. "They resurrected me with a bunch of cybernetic implants. They thought I would work for them. At first I did. But as time went by, I got my memory back and began to use my position to help the rebels."

They arrived at the hotel and brought the suitcases, and Duo inside.

They placed Duo on the sofa in the waiting area.

"I'll look after him while you find a bellhop." the cabbie assured Heero.

Heero nodded and went to the front desk.

The cabbie sat on the sofa with Duo's head in his lap. He stroked the boy's face and made note of the black velvet choker around his neck. "If I remove it," he asked, "will your head fall off?" (2)

Duo's eyes fluttered open and he looked up at the cabbie in complete shock. He sat up and threw his arms around the man, hugging him tightly.

"I have to go." the cabbie told Duo as Heero returned. "I'm very happy for you, Duo. And I'm proud of you." He kissed Duo's forehead and walked away.

Duo reached out for the man, imploring him to return, but to no avail. He threw his arms around Heero and wept, silently.

//Who was that?// Heero asked, folding his arms around the boy he loved so much.

//Solo.// Duo replied.

-----------------------------------Begin Foot notes-----------------------------------
1) A chirper is a luggage trolley. You know, those ones they have in airports that make that bird sound so people know they're approaching? Hey, it sounds a lot better than 'beep beep beep', right?
2) This is based on an old story. In said story, a woman with a velvet collar marries a young man, making him promise to never remove the collar. But one night, out of curiosity, he does so and her head comes off the minute the collar is removed. (the actual tale is much longer and a lot better written.)
---------------------------------------------End---------------------------------------------


-----part 2-----

//Solo's alive.// Duo sent to Heero as they made their way up to their honeymoon suite. //I don't know how, but he's alive.//

Heero didn't know what to do. He trusted Solo as far as Duo's physical well being. The older man would never harm Duo. He'd protect him, in fact. But Heero wasn't sure if Solo was being totally honest about whose side he was on. Even if Solo was sided with the rebels, might he give information about them to OZ now and then, to make his position with OZ that much more believable? He feared Solo would use Duo the way Treize had betrayed and used Wufei. That betrayal had cost Duo his voice and his virginity. If Solo betrayed him, Heero knew, it would shatter the braided boy's already fragile soul.

//Duo, listen to me. He's not the same person you knew.//

//Don't spoil it for me, Heero. I know Solo. That's him.// Duo glared at his husband.

Heero put a hand on Duo's shoulder, but Duo shrugged it off. //I just meant he's probably changed a lot since you last met him. Some telepath you are.// He wanted to add more, but Duo wasn't ready to hear it, and he could sense that forcing the issue would only cause Duo more pain.

//I can only hear thoughts you 'send'.// Duo replied. //You're probably right, though. About Solo, I mean.//

Heero gave the bellhop a very generous tip.

//Courtesy of OZ.// he told Duo.

//Go easy on them.// Duo cautioned. //They're still recovering from all the shampoo and stuff I bought last month. Mind you, it was Vidal Sassoon...//

//You can be so very wicked at times.//

//You'll just have to punish me, I guess.// Duo teased.

-----part 3-----

//Punish you, hmmm?// Heero grinned as he picked up Duo and carried him over to the bed. 

//Yeah.// Duo replied. //I've been very naughty...//

//Well, then.// Heero yanked off Duo's pants and grabbed his gun. //Do you trust me?//

Duo nodded, though he had to admit he felt rather scared as Heero guided the muzzle of the gun into him. //Heero?!// What the hell was going on?!

//Just lie still, my love.// Heero smiled, wickedly, as he held the gun in place with one hand while with his other hand he began to spank the boy he'd married.

Duo felt a combination of fear, lust, and exhilaration as each blow was delivered to his backside and the gun was pumped in and out with deliberate slowness. After some time the spanking stopped. Heero continued to pump the gun in Duo's backside while he stripped off his spandex shorts and began to stroke himself with his freehand.

//I can't take any more!// Duo's mind called out to Heero. //I'm gonna come!//

Heero withdrew the gun from his spouse's body and pushed his erection into Duo's silken passage. 

That was all it took to send Duo over the edge and into a mind-numbing orgasm.

//I love you, Heero, but you scared the hell out of me with that gun.//

//It wasn't loaded, Duo.// Heero assured him, tossing the weapon into a corner behind a chair where it landed on an unseen balloon left behind by the last guests, causing it to pop with a loud band. For a split second Heero was very concerned. But, when he realized what the noise was, he smiled. //Last guests here must've had a party the day they left, eh, Duo?//

Duo, however, had fainted.

-----part 4-----

"Duo?" Heero asked, later that night as they lay there, curled up in bed. "What's wrong?"

"This whole thing with Solo being alive is just freaking me out." Duo admitted. "I mean, the guy died in my arms, Heero."

"I envy him." Heero admitted. "Promise me you'll let me have that same honor."

"You will." Duo spoke with certainty. "Because I'll die with you. I promise, when your time comes, I'll hold you in my arms and die when you die. Just be sure to have your arms around me, too."

"You don't think it's Solo?"

"It's him." Duo decided. "But I don't trust him. If OZ has had a hold of him for as long as he claims, who knows what he believes. He's also got one other advantage. He knows all my tricks. Heck, he taught them to me. If we end up having to go against him, you'll have to pick someone else as a partner for the mission. His familiarity with my style makes me a liability and..." at this point he faltered.

"...You're afraid you won't be able to kill him if I comes to it."

"I know I can't." Duo admitted.

-----TBC-----

Hosted by www.Geocities.ws

1