A 1x2 Tale

-----part 1-----

"Duo?" Heero asked, as they rested in each other's arms after another round of lovemaking. "Do you ever regret letting me...?"

"No, my love." Duo replied, tears welling up in his eyes. "Oh, no."

"What's wrong?" Heero asked. "Duo... why the tears?"

"You.. you just asked about my feelings... you're not just a cold soldier-boy. You... you love me!"

"Of course I love you, Duo." Heero told him.

There was a knock on the door. "You two lovebirds gonna stay in bed all day, or are you gonna get off your butts and take your shift?"

"Sorry, Wufei." Duo called back. "Yeah, we'll be right there."

Several minutes later, Duo and Heero were racing for their Gundams.

"Last one in the air is a rotten egg!" Duo laughed.

"Won't be me!" Heero laughed back as he picked up speed.

"Won't be me eith....MMMPH!"

"Oh no. I'm not falling for that one!" Heero laughed as he leaped into the cockpit of Gundam Wing and headed up into the proverbial wild blue yonder.

As he flew off, not looking back, he did not see Duo's now unconscious form being dragged into a small, grey unmarked van.

-----part 2-----

"Get his pants off." Duo could hear someone saying. He fought to stand, to get free of these would-be rapists, but his body would not respond to his brain's urgent demands. "Don't worry, we're not going to rape you. We have other plans for that perfect little ass of yours. Just relax and it'll be over very quickly." Duo continued to fight. Someone pushed something into him. His body, faithful even in this state of unconsciousness, clamped down, trying to keep the object out. But it was no good. It penetrated him, something long, narrow, and hard. Hard plastic?

"He's starting to come around." one of them said. "We have to breed him now. Once the ova is fertilized and takes hold his body won't be able to expel it. Until then..."

Duo's hand came up and caught the man under the chin. He kicked another man, then grabbed his clothes and jumped out of the back of the van.


"Duo! This way!" Heero called. He'd been tracking Duo ever since Deathscythe had failed to show up alongside him.

Duo scrambled into Gundam Wing and sat in Heero's lap.

Heero flew Gundam Wing back to their hideout on autopilot; kissing, caressing, and fondling Duo all the way .

"Heero..." Duo pleaded as they lay upon the bed, kissing and caressing once again. "I.. I can't.."

"Sure, you can." Heero covered Duo with kisses as he lubricated and penetrated him.

Duo was instantly in Heaven. His heart raced with joy, his mind forgetting the abduction and the injection. He thrust back against Heero, calling his name, emitting cries of joy and ecstacy as they both came, Duo upon the sheets, Heero within Duo.

-----part 3-----

"Oh no..." Duo moaned as he came to his senses under Heero. "Heero. Pull out! Hurry! Before you come! Don't come in me!"

"I already did." Heero said, withdrawing his softening member from within Duo. "I always come in you, Duo. Why don't you want me to this time?"

"Oh god, Heero... I'm done for. I'll never survive it."

"Survive what?" Heero asked. "Duo, what's wrong?"

"Heero, the people who kidnapped me, they... they injected an ova into me. They were going to fertilize it themselves, but I got away."

"Is that all?" Heero kissed Duo and stroked his hair. He was in mid-stroke when it suddenly clicked. "They injected *WHAT*?!" he half-screeamed.

Duo was frightened and crying. "Please, Heero. Help me. Promise you'll look after the baby when I'm gone."

"Shhh.." Heero soothed as he held Duo in his arms. "You're not going to die. I promise."

-----part 4-----

Quatre walked into the kitchen and found Heero making breakfast. A real breakfast. "What's with the decent meal for a change? You finally knock Duo up or something?"

It was meant as a joke, of course, since he had no way of knowing. But the statement's accuracy startled Heero so much that he dropped the cartoon of eggs he was carrying.

"Shit." he muttered as he started to clean it up.

Duo walked up and got as far as the hallway, when Heero looked up.

"Duo. Stay out. There's egg on the floor and I don't want you slipping on it and falling."

"Okay. No problem." Duo shrugged. "But can you pass me my jellybeans? I think they're on top of the fridge."

"Jellybeans for breakfast? I don't think so, Duo." Heero shook his head.

Quatre blinked. "You *did* get him pregnant?" he asked in a stunned voiced as Heero's extra protectiveness of Duo and sudden concern for his diet struck home.

"He sure did." Duo's cheerfulness belied his fear. "Isn't he wonderful?" He blew a kiss to Heero. "I couldn't ask for a better lover."

Wufei and Trowa walked in from their respective rooms, both looking bleary-eyed.

"Morning." Wufei muttered, putting on the coffee

"Good morning." Trowa confirmed. He looked at Quatre, who had a very stunned look on his face, Heero, who was making a decent breakfast, and Duo who was looking both content and terrified at the same time. "Guys? What's up?"

Quatre pointed to Duo. "Pregnant." he said, simply, having not quite got over it.

Trowa and Wufei blinked for a moment. Then Trowa rushed over to Duo and gave him a brief hug. 

"Congrats, Duo!" He told the braided pilot. "Look, don't worry, I'm sure you'll make a fine mom... or dad... well a fine parent."

Duo headed for the door. 

"Duo?" Trowa asked. "What's wrong?"

Heero put a hand on Trowa's shoulder . "Trowa." he said. "Duo doesn't expect to survive the birth when it happens."

Trowa considered this, then nodded, sadly. "Duo, I'm sorry." he told the departing pilot.

"I'm going on patrol now." Duo replied, as he left.

Trowa sighed. "He's mad at me?"

"Its just hard for him to talk about it." Heero guessed.


Shinigami was still on the ground twenty minutes later, when Wufei went to join Duo on patrol. "Aren't you going to take off?" Wufei asked.

No response. Wufei climbed up to the cockpit and was dismayed to find it empty.

Duo lay on his side, bound and gagged as a man in a military uniform undressed him. //If he rapes me, I'll lose the baby.// he thought.

The man paused and examined Duo for a moment, probing him with a fingertip, then pulling back.

"I think he may already be pregnant." he told the two men in the front seat.

"Let's get him back to the observation room." the older man said. "I want to observe him during every stage of his pregnancy. Including labor."

They drove out beyond the city, to an abandoned research hospital that had been closed down years ago due to funding cuts.

They dragged Duo's still-bound and gagged form out of the van. The soldier threw Duo over his shoulder as if the braided pilot were a mere sack of potatoes, then he carried him into the hospital and into the elevator. He got out at the top floor, carried Duo to a room at the far end of the hall, and locked him in there, pausing just for a moment to tear the shoulder patch from his uniform, leaving his shoulder exposed.

//Just like a princess in a tower.// Duo thought to himself as that cheerfulness that always came during times of danger, protecting him from the terror he dare not face, came once again. //Oh my sweet Prince Heero. Please come and rescue me.//

For some reason, he had a sudden and vivid image of Heero standing below the window calling up. "Duo! Duo! Let down your hair.". The idea started a giggle-fit that lasted for about three minutes.


Heero, in the meantime, was scouring the city, looking for Duo. He would not give up until Duo and his unborn child were safe at home.

"I'll find you, Duo." he said. "Don't fear, my beloved. I will find you and I will see you brought safely home." He looked for the grey, unmarked van that Duo had run from before. He cursed himself for having not destroyed it before. But at the time he'd been too happy to get Duo back. His only thought had been to get Duo home.

The search turned up nothing. He growled in frustration as he landed Gundam Wing and stormed into the hideout.

//Why haven't they moved us?// he wondered. //These people took Duo from our hideout. Our location has been breached and no one has moved us. Could Dr. J and the others be connected with this? No, that's crazy. Why would they make Duo get pregnant. It doesn't make sense. There has to be a reason. But what.//

He was still wondering this as he walked into the den and found Quatre watching a TV program in which an overweight man in a captain's hat and a bubblebath was talking to a man in a bathrobe and a friend of his. The friend's outburst at the bathing man solved his question instantly.

"You're a load of useless bloody loonies!" the man on the screen exploded.

"Yes, that was it." The bathing captain on screen agreed. "That was the reason."

"What is this thing?" Heero asked.

"Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy." Quatre asked. "It's pretty funny. Shouldn't you be out looking for Duo?"

"I was. How about you? He's your friend, too, isn't he."

"I did look. I checked all the hospitals, the... morgue.. nothing there, thank Allah." Quatre handed a bowl of chips over to Heero. "Let's relax a bit."

"Don't you care?" Heero asked. "Duo's God-knows-where. He's carrying a baby which is putting his life in danger and..."

"Of course I care." Quatre reassured his fellow pilot. "Relaxing helps me think more clearly. It won't do Duo a bit of good if we're running around in a panic."

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy ended and a news broadcast about a snowstorm appeared on the following news program.


The blizzard, the worst in history, lasted for days, piling the city under a two foot deep blanket of snow. Quatre walked into the kitchen and saw Heero at the table, sobbing, with his head in his hands.

"Heero?" Quatre asked. "We'll find him. Don't worry."

Heero looked up and there was too much pain in his eyes for Quatre to draw any other conclusion.

"Duo?" Quatre asked, weakly.

"I ... I went out last night." Heero sobbed. "I found... " he looked down at the burnt remains of Duo's flight jacket, just the patch from the sleeve. "They must've done it to punish him for escaping. He'd still be alive now if ... why didn't I kill them when I had the chance?" 

Something about it troubled Quatre, but he wasn't sure what it was. He drew Heero into his arms and rocked him, gently.

"Heero..." Quatre hugged Heero, his own tears falling down his face.

-----part 5----- *Warning: DEATH FIC*

"Are you coming, Heero?" Wufei asked.

Heero Yuy shook his head. He hadn't attended a mission in nearly a year. Not since that day. That horrible day when... "I think I'll stay home." he said.

"Heero, you are coming on this mission." Quatre insisted. "Look, enough is enough. Duo is dead. Do you understand me. He is dead. He's not going to come back." he was shaking Heero, furiously. "I hate it as much as you do, but that's reality. They murdered him almost a year ago. Its time you faced facts and got on with your life."

"Without Duo," Heero moped, "I have no life."

"Wrong!" Quatre snarled. "You have a life, Heero. You have to go on. To make sure that Duo didn't die in vain. You dishonor him by refusing to fight."

"Forget it." Trowa shook his head. "It'll take a miracle to snap him out of it."

Two seconds later, a miracle staggered, urgently, into the room.

Heero's eyes lit up with amazement and pure joy as he leapt up from the couch, and rushed across the room in record time to embrace the one person they never thought they'd see again.

"DUO!" he exclaimed, in delight, looking down at the baby in Duo's arms. "My...?"

Duo nodded, weakly.

The others joined in the hug, showering their newly-returned friend with kisses and love.

Duo was not reciprocating, however. Instead, he was whimpering as if in terrible pain.

Quatre and Heero both noticed what they'd missed in their joy to see Duo alive again; the trickle of blood running down Duo's leg.

"Those bastards!" Heero swore, angrily. "They let him..."

"Hold me..." Duo whispered. "Please... Heero... let me die in your arms."

Heero wanted to refuse, but he couldn't deny his dying friend's request.

"I love you, Heero." was Duo's final whisper before the sparkle in his eyes went out forever.

Heero held Duo close and wept. Duo Maxwell, fellow pilot, friend, lover, both father and mother of Heero's child, was gone. He kissed the deceased pilot's brow, then broke down.

-----Owari-----

Hosted by www.Geocities.ws

1