|Sketches of Some Pioneer Ancestors of|
|John William, Eliza Jane, Virginia Belle, Helen Louise, William Eugene, David Drury
Virginia's son, Ross, John William, Jr.
|Created for the descendants of their children|
|John William Sholar
| Eliza Jane Steger
| Read about:
- 3 "grandfathers" at Jamestown 1610: John Thomas, Robert Wild, John Chandler; John Gates earlier and Isaac Madison arrives 1619
- Scotish prisoner sent to the iron mines finds success: William Cahoone [1635-1675]
- The Smithsonian digs up "grandfather" Joseph Bridger [1656-1712]
- Lady Alice Needham [1659-1729] and William Bryan [1655-1744]elope to the new world.
- Elizabeth Kaidyee Blaikley [1696-1771]delivers 3,000 babies at Williamsburg
- An English ship building family comes to America - the Flowers
- Frances George Steger [1702-1769] leaves the Barbados sugar plantation for life in Virginia
- 27 Feb 1776: "grandfathers" and ""uncles" at the Battle of Moore's Creek Bridge
- More on the 3 William Whitfields
- Early clergy: The Revs. Robert Braswell [1611-1678], Robert MacLaurine [1717-1773], Pleasant Gold [1773-1832]
- 1744-1877 The Peachers: wars, crime, successes, failures
- 1795 Buckner Killebrew and Mary Whitfield go west
- "Giants" in the family
- DAR/SAR ancestors
|For the full account of the ancestors of John and JANE with documentation see
The Ancestors of JOHN WILLIAM SHOLAR and ELIZA JANE STEGER by Alice Louise Guinn.
Part I, Ancestors of JOHN WILLIAM SHOLAR available to family in 2005
Part II, Ancestors of ELIZA JANE STEGER available to family in 2009?
John William, Jr.