Hi everyone, here is the next chapter for this series. I'll ignore the few flames I got last chapter, anyway... onto the long awaited new chapter. Oh happy days.

Shukumei no Yuki

By Firehedgehog

Chapter Nineteen

Last time on Shukumei no Yuki:

"I am your executioner" he whispered in a cold, deadly voice, yet even that whisper was heard by all ears of the destined and digimon below... the true battle had just begun,

With that he leapt forward, and Eternal darkness finally got free of his light arrows and struck forward with his own dark powers.

Flashes of darkness and light filled the area as the two met; Matt could only gasp in awe at the power he could feel from them. He was still filled with grief for Tai's death, but who wouldn't be impressed with the power displayed by these two?

"..." A voice said; startled, the blond turned.

"Izzy" he said in surprise; the once controlled destined was waking up, a very dazed look on his face.

"Matt" the red head said in a hoarse voice; the boy's black eyes widened as he finally noticed the battle-taking place.

"Welcome back" Matt said quietly. As it was, he didn't know how Izzy would react now... After all, he had been controlled by Eternal darkness by means of the dark aura for, well, years now.

"Kami-sama, I... I... can't believe I did all those things" Izzy said, his face very pale; his body shook slightly.

"There's nothing you can do about it now, Izzy; we can't change the past" Matt said sadly. He only wished he could go back and change the past... at least that way Tai would be alive.

"Who in the world is fighting" Izzy asked; he pointed to Eternal darkness and Celestialmon.

"The thing made of darkness is Eternal Darkness; he was the one that was controlling you. The one with wings, well, all I know... well the digimon called himself Celestialmon" Matt said truthfully; he then helped Izzy get up.

He noticed that the other destined that had been controlled, and also they're digimon, were waking up; only Kari wasn't stirring into wakefulness yet.

'Tai, I only wish there was someway to bring you back... you would of wanted to see them again since they are no longer being controlled' Matt thought. Life just wasn't fair.

Celestialmon dodged a quick swipe that would have beheaded him easily, and he replied to that move by hitting Eternal Darkness with a few more light arrows. He heard the creature roar in pain and anger; it looked like it would be wise to use his light attacks for they caused more damage.

"Ehhh... don't like my light attacks, do you" Celestialmon said with a grin. With a thought, one of his orbs appeared in front of him glowing softly now with golden light.

"Light Blast Tsunami" he said, shouting his attack. A blast of light exploded from his orb and crashed into eternal darkness looking much like a real tsunami did... except this one was made out of light.

A terrible screech filled the air as it hit eternal darkness; many even miles away covered there ears in agony at the high pitched, painful sound.

None of this affected Celestialmon as he easily blocked it away from causing him problems... but he didn't like the pained expressions the digidestined nearby had.

'I need to win this battle fast; the original digidestined are still weak from the dark aura of eternal darkness controlling them. They need rest now, not more action since they are free now' Celestialmon thought with a slight frown. His attention turned back to the now damaged form of eternal darkness.

"Now, that hurt" Eternal Darkness snarled, and Celestialmon couldn't help but grin slightly at the annoyance in the creatures voice.

"Glad you enjoyed it" Celestialmon said, returning to a neutral looking face and a neutral voice.

Apparently egging this demonic beast of evil wasn't a good thing, for at that moment Eternal Darkness roared in rage and a blast of compressed and invisible air hit the angelic digimon sending him spiraling slightly.

"Whoa" Celestialmon said a bit dizzy; he quickly cleared his head and just in time to dodge another strike from Eternal darkness.

"..." Matt said; that sound had hurt terribly... For a few moments he had almost felt as if his head would burst or his ears would bleed.

Not: a very nice mental picture.

Yet... the Light Blast Tsunami had looked really cool, something he had never expected to see outside an anime. But he had a feeling that Celestialmon could do many things other digimon could not, and he idly wondered if sometime in the future an anime artist would put that attack in there series and if Celestialmon would get royalties.

He shook his head; that moment was no time to be thinking such thoughts. He had a battle to think about, as it was the only one left in condition to fight was Celestialmon.

Matt had no idea how strong this digimon was, probably very strong by the feelings of power around the angelic digimon.

"Celestialmon! Kick his butt" Matt shouted. Up in the sky the angel digimon shot him a quick smile, and Matt felt warmth in his chest.

He didn't know why, but something about Celestialmon felt familiar and made this whole wretched fight seem better.

Celestialmon felt his heart beat faster as Matt began to cheer him on. While the other destined (minus the unconscious Kari) also did, the only one that truly mattered was Matt's confidence in him.

'I'll win for all those connected to the digital world and you, Matt' he thought. Suddenly he felt a terrible chill... his eyes widened as he felt the power around Eternal darkness began to grow at a horrendous rate.

'Shhhhhiiiittt!' was his thought; at this point I would like to point out something.

While Celestialmon was an angel digimon and one that was at the top of the pile, it cannot be said that angels don't swear... come on people this is reality.

'Not good,' he thought; it looked like he would have to use one of his most powerful attacks after all. He had hoped not to have to use them; after all, there was a huge chance that he would destroy himself also by using it.

'No choice now; if I don't everything I care for could be destroyed,' Celestialmon thought, and with that in mind he began.

He closed his eyes and crossed his arms over his chest; somehow he continued to dodge Eternal Darkness attacks without having to see them.

"Stars..." Celestialmon whispered beginning his attack; down below, those watching gasped as the three marking on his face began to glow. They quickly gained even more light; it soon looked like his head was surrounded by a halo.

"Eternal..." he whispered the second word; he raised his arms till they rested above him and opened his wings which by this point were glowing a brilliant white almost blinding to all watching.

"Halo" he said, shouting the last part of his attack. With that, his entire body seemed to explode with light making him look like a globe of pure light.

At this point he opened his eyes, but he wasn't affected by the light... after all, it was his light. He could feel Eternal Darkness power continuing to rise... He had to do this now before this evil of evils had the power to defeat him and the defenders of this world.

With that in mind he shot forward like a meteor made of holy light. He hit Eternal Darkness and the world seemed to pause.

Then time unfroze as he continued forward, not even fazed, as he went through Eternal Darkness, the dark entity giving one last screeching scream as its body was ripped apart like black mist and vanished forever.

All this from where Celestialmon first began to gather his power for his attack took less then thirty seconds...

Eternal Darkness was gone for good.

In the air, the light faded from around Celestialmon; he had survived using the attack, but he breathed heavily in exhaustion.

He smiled and looked at the sapphire blue sky, his blue eyes twinkled in relief.

"I did it. I did it, Yama" he whispered.

At this point he began to fly lower so he could land.

Celestialmon landed with a sigh. His wings seemed a million pounds too heavy from his exhaustion caused by the battle.

Actually, all he wanted to do was go to sleep.

He wouldn't go too much into those thoughts; most of the sleep thoughts had Yama in them and not much thoughts of actual sleep in them.

For an angel, he sure had quite a dirty little mind.

But at the moment, he wouldn't be able to do that anyway; Yama didn't know that he, Celestialmon, was also Tai/Chimon.

Really, he had no idea how he would explain that to his Koi.

He didn't even want to think of the consequences of that.

"Amazing" Izzy said, his black eyes bright with interest. The little genus of the group, as always, had his laptop out and was typing madly, most likely trying to find Celestialmon stats, but he wouldn't.

Also, he would be too surprised if he had captured some of the end of battle between Eternal Darkness and himself through his laptop's camera.

He hid his smile noticing that none of the destined had the dark aura around them anymore, not even traces. But he did see exhaustion; their bodies still had to recover from the strain the aura caused their bodies over the years.

"You said your name was Celestialmon, right" Matt asked walking over. The other destined were also walking over with their partners. Only Kari, who was still unconscious, did not walk over, but she was carried over by the worried forms of Sora and Yolei.

"Yes, that is my name" Celestialmon said kindly. Matt seemed to hesitate for a moment.

"Why! Why did you wait till after Chimon was deleted to appear" the blond asked; the humans sapphire eyes were filled with unshed tears.

"I wish I could have come earlier, but I myself was sealed away... at Chimons death the seal broke, and I awoke to help you" Celestialmon explained. It was the truth but not totally.

Yeah he had been sealed away, but as Chimon so he couldn't return till he died and finally remembered this form.

It hurt him to say this, but he couldn't tell Yama the truth.

Then, something came to him, and he hid another smile. He would make sure he did so very soon.

"Excuse me, Celestialmon... Can you tell me why Kari isn't waking up" Sora asked, her brown eyes filled with worry.

With that in mind, Celestialmon walked over and placed a hand on Kari's forehead; he smiled at what his powers told him of his human sister's condition.

"She is just recovering; she contained most of Eternal Darkness's Dark aura and just has to recover from the strain. Give her a couple days rest and she'll be fine. Actually, she'll be more than fine... her personality will become what it should have been without the dark aura's control" Celestialmon said truthfully, pulling his hand away. Everyone sighed in relief.

"We should get going, head home" Joe said, also looking exhausted. Everyone in the destined group agreed on that suggestion... except two.

Agumon... and Matt.

Agumon had lost his partner, his best friend, and someone he had considered a brother... he was grief filled.

Also, there was Matt who was grief filled: he had lost his Koi, his best friend... someone he had planned to live with in the future.

"I think I'll just take a walk" Matt said, turning away from the group. His partner followed, and Agumon followed the duo, also.

"It's time for me to head out" Celestialmon said, and before the destined could say anything he vanished back to the digital world... or at least it looked like he vanished back to the digital world.

In truth he used his power to become invisible; gently, he flew through the city of Odaiba looking for three certain people.

'Matt' he thought. Finally, he spotted his beloved blond koi.

Celestialmon almost giggled insanely when Matt suddenly sneezed violently below; it was looking like that weird joke/Theory of people sneezing when you think/talk about them was true.

Matt sighed in depression; his blue eyes were clouded with it.

He knew that it would take him a very long time to get over this, if he ever did that is.

'This totally sucks, I find love and it's ripped away from me... just when everything was starting to look up,' Matt thought, tears finally slipped down his pale face.

Memories of his Koi went through his Mind; he smiled slightly at the image of Tai in a kimono when they went to the festival.

'Nothing will ever make me happy again,' he thought, and it was at that moment he sneezed.

"Weird" he muttered; there was no dust or pollen or some other thing in the air to cause him to sneeze.

"Matt, I feel a digimon" Gabumon said suddenly. This snapped Matt slightly back to cruel reality, and he looked around.

But there was nothing to see.

"Where is it" he asked, puzzled. Suddenly, a soft laugh filled his ears... and for some reason it felt familiar even if he couldn't place it.

It was then he looked up... right into the angelic sapphire eyes of Celestialmon.

TBC

FH: Wow, this is a long chappy. Did you know I wrote the battle part last... I wrote the rest of the chapter last. I was having such bad writers block... winces and wonders what her pre-reader will think.

R.Calumon: Anyway next chappy is the epilogue, I decided that this story was driving me nuts. This storyline was starting to get dry and it needed to end now before the story got drawn out and stretched out of all proportion.

FH: So everyone hold on; I have no idea when the epilogue will be out... but definitely in the next few months.

Ja ne

Hosted by www.Geocities.ws

1