Weathering, Erosion, and Deposition
Welcome to another adventure! In this webquest you will become familiar with the variety of landforms and how weather patterns and other factors influence or change Earth’s landforms. You will learn about erosion, deposition, weathering and other important terms. If you have any questions just raise your hand and ask your teacher. We are here to help you be successful. Are you ready? Then, let’s get started.
Before we begin, you should know my expectations. First, become familiar with the terms. Go to all the links in the order that they appear. Afterwards, you will answer some very simple questions. Finally, you will create a simple Powerpoint presentation. Good luck and enjoy your quest.
Please visit each of the following links. Here you will find answers to the questions that you will be asked to answer after going through the links. Become very familiar with all the information.
Definitions and other Information about Weathering, Deltas, Erosion, & Deposition
Pictures (images) and more information on weathering, erosion, deltas and deposition
Learn about caves. Don’t forget to visit the Photo Gallery.
Learn about sand dunes.
Use the above links or other printed
resources to complete the following questions. Write your answers on your
1. Define each term. Explain how each term is related to the other two processes.
2. What are the two types of weathering? Explain how running water, plants, ice, wind, and acid rain can become weathering agents.
3. What is the main cause of erosion?
4. How do streams and rivers cause erosion and deposition? Give examples of landforms created by running water.
5. How do waves cause erosion and deposition? Give examples of landforms created by waves?
6. How do glaciers cause erosion and deposition? Give examples of landforms created by glaciers.
7. How does the wind cause erosion and deposition? Give examples of landforms created by wind.
I hope it has been a fun quest and that you have learned a lot about the erosion, weathering, deposition, landforms, etc. All that is left is for you to do is to prepare a Powerpoint presentation. The presentation will include the following:
a. Definitions of weathering, erosion, and deposition
b. Images (cut and paste) and explanations of physical and chemical weathering.
c. Images (cut and paste) and explanations of how the following landforms are formed: canyon, sand dune, delta, ocean cliffs, arch, sandy beach, u-shaped valley, v-shaped valley, cave with stalactites and stalagmites.
Be creative and have fun. Thank you for a job well done.