Caught in the Web

Author: Saileyn
[email protected]

Rating: PG-15
Contents: Language, violence, sexual references
Status: Parts 1 - 6 (unfinished)
Category: Willow/Spike
Spoilers: Set at the start of S4, so everything before that
Summary: With the aid of the latest technology and a certain Witch, Spike's ready to take on the Slayer once and for all.
Distribution:
If you've got any of my other stuff, you can have it. If you want it for your site, just ask!

Authors Notes: This was my first ever fic. I'm proud to say I think this is fantastic, so go ahead, read it! Comments would be most appreciated. Thanks. Oh, thoughts are in italics
Disclaimer: I came up with the plot but the characters belong to Joss and Co. I do this because I love the show and think Joss is a mastermind! No one pays me and I don't even own the computer I'm typing on. So if you sue me, I don't think you'll gain anything except a lot of angry fans on the Internet.


Part 1

Willow glanced around nervously. She was halfway home and it was dark.
Very dark, the kind of dark that all Sunnydale’s vampire community adored.
She couldn’t believe that she had let herself walk home alone. The gang had spent hours at Giles’ place pouring over books and the Net for information about Sunnydale’s new resident evil. Slowly they all began to filter off home, or to patrol in Buffy’s case. She had been the only one left and convinced Giles that she’d be fine to walk home. It wasn’t that far and she had a stake and her magic if need be, she’d told Giles. Eventually he gave up and let her go with many words of caution. So there she was, walking down the streets of Sunnydale, alone.

Behind her she could have sworn she heard a twig snap. She spun around, eyes searching the dark street for a sign of something moving in the dark. Nothing.
But that doesn’t mean something won’t come along.
She turned back around and quickened her pace. Then she heard footsteps, in step with her own. She walked a few paces deciding whether or not to face her stalker. Her heart started to beat faster.

“If you ignore me I won’t go away pet.” A familiar English voice rang out over the quiet street.
Willow knew that voice all too well and started to run. She ran for almost ten seconds, until an icy hand clamped down on her shoulder and spun her around. She was facing the infamous Spike, also known as William the Bloody.

“Hello pet.” He grinned, waiting for Willow’s next move.
“Spike, -- what do you want?” She stammered.
“Not too sure luv,” Spike pondered, “I’ve been trying to figure out a way to get rid of that bloody slayer friend of yours. And then along you come.”
“Great.” Willow muttered. Mentally kicking herself for being so stupid.
Spike glanced around. “Where’s your escort tonight pet? You know you shouldn’t be out after dark. All sorts of nasties about.”

As Spike was looking around Willow’s hand moved to the stake on her pocket and pulled it out. Spike knew what she was doing but let her call her bluff.
“What like you?” Willow dared, trying to sound brave and to convince herself she was going to live. Spike laughed, sending shivers down Willow’s spine.
That’s good, mock the dangerous vampire Willow.
“Living dangerously pet?” Spike asked, “Waving that around won’t do a lot of good. Now be a good little Witch and give me the stake.”

Willow innocently lowered the stake and then flicked her wrist downwards driving the stake into Spike’s palm. She was off running down the street as soon as she was sure the stake made contact. Behind her she heard Spike swear and knew he was somewhere behind her.

Willow ran as fast as she could manage and ducked around a corner into a park. She was running aimlessly and was sure that she was lost. But that didn’t matter at the moment, all that mattered was putting the largest distance possible between her and Spike. She was tempted to look behind her and see where he was but knew better.
That’s what happens in the movies, they always trip or slow down.
Her mind wandered, attempting to remember the exact words to a protection spell that she’d read a few weeks earlier. She ran between some trees and stumbled on a fallen tree branch.

Willow managed to maintain her balance and kept on running. The words from the spell came back to her.
“Hear me now Goddess of the...” She panted.
“Oh no, you aren’t doing any of that magic stuff on me Red.” Spike’s voice came from behind her. He grabbed her elbow and threw her sideways against a tree. Willow slowly stood up and tried to suck in some much needed breath. She found herself pushed against the tree with one arm behind her back and the other pressed against the tree by Spike. He glared murderously and took an unneeded breath.
Damn vampires don’t breathe so they don’t get winded or puffed.

“You know Red that hurt, lucky I’m a vampire and it’s all fixed.” He grinned and showed her his newly healed hand.
“Yeah, I’m really lucky aren’t I?” Willow muttered. Spike reached behind Willow’s head and broke off a short branch.
“Now you see, there’s something that your slayer friend hasn’t told you.” Spike pressed the sharp end of the stick against Willow’s chest. “You stake a vampire here, not the hand. It’s much more effective.” He pressed harder, Willow squirmed to get away, but she wasn’t strong enough. Spike laughed, pressing harder and enjoying his little game.
That’ll teach her, now she’ll understand what it feels like to be staked.

Willow was getting nowhere so she decided to use her head instead of brut strength. She blocked out the pain coming from the stick, closed her eyes and focused on the spell.
“Hear me now Goddess of the Moon, protector of your daughters.” She said inaudibly. Spike glanced down and saw her lips moving. He clamped his hand over her mouth, her eyes snapped open. Spike’s eyes bored into hers.

“I said none of that magic stuff.” He said quietly. Willow stood still, scared to even breathe.
“Do you understand?” He demanded. She nodded her head furiously. Spike removed his hand and Willow closed her eyes and breathed a sigh of relief. Spike’s hand suddenly connected with Willow’s jaw, she slumped to the ground unconscious.

He didn’t want to take any chances, he knew Willow was adept at magic and didn’t trust her one bit.
That was why I got her to do that spell months ago.
He slowly picked her up and flung her over his shoulder. He bent down again and retrieved her bag. “No use leaving evidence for the Slayer.”


Willow woke up groggily and instinctively put her hand to her aching jaw. She opened her eyes and fought back the dizziness that flooded her head. She was startled to find that she had no idea where she was. Her mind drifted back to the events of last night.
“Oh goddess...” She trailed off as she remembered. She slowly absorbed her surroundings. She was in a darkened room lying on a large bed with satin sheets. The room was lit by a candle that stood next to the bed. It only allowed her to see one side of the room, the other was in the shadows. She wasn’t tied up or broken in any places.
That’s always a good sign.

She slowly stood up and immediately started for a wooden door at the far side of the room. She tried the handle, the door was locked. It was sturdy and didn’t look as if she could break it down in a hurry. She sighed. Spike had been reading one of the Witch’s books when she stirred. He watched her get up and try the door, oblivious to the fact he was sitting in the corner.

“Red do you honestly believe that I’d be stupid enough to leave the door unlocked.” Spike questioned as he rose from his chair. Willow jumped and backed up to the door searching the darkened side of the room for Spike with worried eyes.
“Interesting books you have here luv.” He said tossing the books to the floor and slowly stepping into the light.
“Enough with the small talk Spike, what do you actually want from me?” Willow asked, surprised at her confidence. Spike was taken aback, the shy little red head had matured since he’d last kidnapped her.
This could prove to be interesting.
Willow stood tall and strong but he could hear her heart beating rapidly and her breathing quicken.

“Well I was thinking of holding you until the slayer came and found you, because we know she’ll already be looking for you.” He paused, thinking. “But then I could also turn you, that would be fun. The slayer wouldn’t be too happy about that. Choice number three was just to kill you and leave you for the slayer to find. But that’s more of an Angelus thing to do, not entirely me.”
I’m nothing like that poofy sire.
“Any other ideas pet?” He continued.

Thoughts flashed through Willow’s head and she cringed. There were hundreds of things Spike could do to her. There were probably things he knew that she wouldn't even begin to imagine. The list was endless.
No use in giving him ideas Willow.
“No sorry Spike, you’ll have to think of your own plans. Or you could just let me walk out that door and I’ll go home.” She replied calmly.

The red head surprised Spike again.
Must have gotten used to being kidnapped by now
But he knew how to shatter her confidence once and for all. “Home? Tell me Red do you even know where you are, what day it is or if it’s day or night?” He grinned, watching her face intently. The colour faded rapidly as she looked around. Willow couldn’t see any windows and she didn’t have a watch. She could have been unconscious for days, plenty of time for Spike to get her out of Sunnydale. But she wasn’t going to let him win, she had to keep her head if she was ever going to get out of this.

“Well seeing as I don’t know, enlighten me.” She said, her voice faltering. Spike laughed making Willow even more nervous as well as annoyed.
“Well pet...” Spike began but Willow cut him off.
“And Spike don’t call me pet, luv, sweet or anything else for that matter. My name is Willow.” She finished. She instantly regretted saying that as Spike stalked towards her.
Idiot. Don’t make demands to vampires when they have you locked in a room with no way out.

“I don’t think you’re in a position to make demands from me *Willow*.” He threatened. Willow shrank away, flattening herself against the door. Spike reached out and grabbed her chin, staring directly into her eyes. “What I say goes, understand? If I say no magic and no attempting to escape, that is exactly what you will do.” She was scared and he could smell her fear, literally. He released her chin and stepped backwards having made his point.

“Fine whatever. No magic, no escape, ... yes dad.” Willow said sarcastically.
“If that’s what you want...” Spike began, grinning wickedly. Willow shook her head furiously, colour rising through her cheeks.
“No that wasn’t what I meant... I just meant that you sounded like someone’s parent. No this, no that. And all that was not an invitation to bite me,” she babbled. Spike walked over and sat on the bed.

He watched in amusement, she was different, that was for certain. At least she made some sense, unlike Dru who constantly rambled about voices and that damn doll. He wondered if she was still with that chaos demon, but he really didn’t care. Stupid vampire was always too hung up on her ‘Daddy’ for the likes of him anymore. Little Red here was proving to be much better company than Dru. Sanity was always a good personality trait.
Much better company, plus I like her hair.
“What?” Willow exclaimed, bringing Spike out of his thoughts.

“You want me to call you Willow?” He covered, sounding the name out. “I think I’ll stick with Red, suits you much better.” Willow’s cheeks flamed, she was getting annoyed at the cocky vampire. One day Buffy was going to kick his ass and she was going to be there to see it. She started to pace.
Wonder what he was thinking about. Probably another way to kill me.
If that was the case, Willow knew that she was going to have to find a way out of there. She had her books in the room, maybe she could find a spell that broke down doors or something of the sorts. There was a book in her bag that she’d just bought at a Wiccan market that she hadn’t quite read through yet. It did have a few powerful spells. She just had to figure out a way to do it without Spike knowing.

“Spike don’t you have anything better to do that listen to me?” She asked carefully.
“Well as a matter of fact I do.” He replied, “People to eat, a slayer to taunt...”
“Please, don’t go into detail. Just as long as the people you’re eating isn’t me I don’t care.” Willow cringed.
“But you do know if I go I’m going to have to tie you up and gag you.” Spike said shifting on the bed. “Or I could just do that anyway.” He teased. Willow’s eyes opened in horror and she shot past Spike to the other side of the room. She caught his meaning and it wasn’t a good one.

“You’ll do nothing of the sorts!” She exclaimed, crossing her arms in front of her. Spike stood up and walked towards her, she backed up as far as she could.
“Who’d stop me Red?” He asked quietly, eyes glistening mischievously. “I can do anything I want with you. Kill you, torture you.” His placed his hands on her shoulders and pushed her against the wall. “Or...” He whispered. He lowered his head and kissed her hard and forcefully on the lips. Willow tried to scream and push away but it was useless.

Spike let Willow go, she slid to the floor in shock. “Well like I said before Red, must be off.” He grinned as he whipped a pair of handcuffs from his back pocket. He pulled Willow to her feet and towards a chair. She gave in, there wasn’t much she could do about it. Within moments he had her bound to the chair and gagged. He gave her a slight wave and walked to the door, taking a key out of his pocket along the way.

Spike unlocked the door and stepped through. It slammed shut and he re-locked it from the outside. Spike rubbed his forehead. “Now what the bloody hell was that?” He asked himself as he walked off. “Kissing the bloody slayer’s witch indeed. I’ve been around Dru too long, I’m starting to go mad as well.”
She's not that bad though is she Spike?


Willow struggled miserably against her restraints. She was in a hopeless situation.
Spike is right he can do whatever he wants, even...
She cringed and pushed the thoughts from her mind focusing her attention on her surroundings once again. Her eyes had adjusted to the light and she could clearly see her books lying on the floor in front of her. She groaned.
If only I weren’t tied up. Or gagged for that matter.
She sighed and closed her eyes. Suddenly she flicked them open again. She didn’t have to physically have to move or speak to get to her books. There was some hope yet, in the form of telekinesis!

She wasn’t an expert but she was sure that she could get the books to open and pages to turn. She just hoped she could read the print at a distance in this dim light. She took some deep breaths and started to focus her energies on the book. After a few minutes she felt that she was ready and attempted to open the cover. It took a while but once she had gotten into the rhythm of turning pages it all became quite easy.
Learning to float pencils and stuff was a good idea.
As she turned the pages she tried to determine what she was actually looking for.
First I’ll need to find something to break these cuffs and then something to create a door in the wall.

Her head started to ache and her eyes began to tire, she didn’t stop because she knew that this may be her only chance to see the books.
Finally just what I was looking for.
Willow had found the spell to break the cuffs. Well it was actually designed to break glass but after a few alterations it would be able to set her free. Now all she had to do was find a spell to create a door.
One to this world, not something like the vampire me world.
She cringed at the thought of running into her scary leather clad evil twin.

Willow prayed to the Goddess for guidance and protection while she read. Miraculously she found the spell she was looking for and hope started to fill her heart. She carefully returned the book to its original position to make sure Spike knew that she wasn’t up to anything. A plan started to formulate in her mind, it wouldn’t be too hard for her to pull off either. She’d just have to make sure she escaped in daylight, when Spike wouldn’t be able to go after her.
That’s kinda hard to do when you don’t have a watch though.
Tiredness started to wash over her and before long Willow found herself drifting off to sleep.

Spike whistled as he walked, taking the occasional drag to his cigarette. He’d wandered around a bit looking for a meal and decided to dine at the Bronze. He flicked the cigarette to the ground and walked into the night club for Sunnydale’s younger population. The Slayer was probably frantically searching town for her precious witch and he doubted that she’d look here.
It’s not as if Red’s going to come out and party if she’d been kidnapped.
He’d just have to be careful and alert at all times for the Slayer and probably his poofy sire. No doubt he’d come along as the night in shining armour from LA to save his beloved Slayer’s best friend. The thought of Angel made him sick.
Someone should have staked that bugger long ago.

After draining an unsuspecting teenager, he decided to head back and see what Red was up to. He didn’t want to leave her alone with her thoughts too long, cause then she’d just start getting ideas. But Spike had other plans for her. Red would come in handy, with her magic and talents in the computer field. All he had to do was make sure that she co-operated.

Willow was jolted awake as the door flew open and Spike sauntered in. “Miss me pet?” He mocked with one eyebrow cocked at her.
Stupid vampire, what does he think? Oh of course I missed you Spike!
Willow sighed and rolled her eyes, signalling that she’d answer if she had the gag out of her mouth. On cue Spike locked the door, strolled over and untied the gag. Willow took a few welcome breaths and stretched her jaw. It still hurt a little from where she’d been punched earlier.

“Thanks,” Willow grumbled, “but releasing the hands might also help.” Spike nodded his head and uncuffed her from the chair. She rubbed her wrists and stretched her fingers. They were cramped from being in the one position too long. She stood and moved away from him. Spike’s eyes followed her every move. She was relaxed and confident.
Not the scared Red I left here before.
Her fear had gone and that notion sent alarm bells ringing in Spike’s head.

Spike hadn’t said anything, he’d just looked at her. Willow knew something was up.
Goddess he knows I’ve been reading those books!
She fidgeted with her hands avoiding his steady gaze. “Pet?” He probed, stepping slightly forward. “What’s been going on in that pretty little head of yours Red? Not planning on doing me in are you?” His voice hardened. Willow looked him in the eyes and attempted to act casual. “No I’ve just been sleeping and thinking. No planning, plotting or anything similar involved.” She babbled.

Spike’s voice became low and deadly, “Because if you are pet, I’d seriously rethink it.” Willow nodded solemnly and sat down on the bed in misery.
Keep this up Rosenburg, make him think you won’t try anything and he’ll never expect it.
Spike’s mood lightened, he didn’t think the witch would try anything but he wasn’t going to give her the opportunity. He smiled giving the illusion of being a friend not a foe.
And I'd better keep an eye on those mood swings too. He's worse than Buffy with PMS!

“Good idea Red, you’d best get some sleep. We’ve got a busy night ahead of us.” He shrugged off his duster leapt on the bed. He instantly clasped one of Willow’s wrists to the bed with the cuffs in one swift movement.
“W--hat’s this for?” Willow asked uncertainly. Spike lay down on the bed, pulling Willow close to him.
“This pet, is so you don’t get any bright ideas and decide to wander off. Now shush and get some rest.” He said closing his eyes. She settled down beside him without any protest. He reached out an arm and started to stroke her hair. She tensed at his touch but eventually relaxed and drifted off to sleep.

Willow rolled over and her head lay on Spike’s shoulder.
‘Cor I could get used to this. Little Red here’s not all that bad. Brains, looks, spunk.
She murmured in her sleep, Spike smiled. Then he frowned.
Now since when have I been bloody nice? Especially to human chits! I’m the Big Bad not the Big Poof! Damn sire, good role model he is!
He could still be the Big Bad, he could turn her when he was done with the slayer. Or he could kill her. But then he didn't mind Red's company. He didn't know what to do with himself or with Red. Grumbling silently to himself, Spike slowly fell asleep.

Part 2

Willow woke up after who knows how long. Spike was, she guessed, still asleep beside her. It's kinda hard to tell because he doesn't breath or move, so I guess he's asleep because his eyes are closed . She stretched and pulled against the handcuffs. She was dying to go to the bathroom and didn't really want to wake Spike up. A cranky vampire is never a good vampire. After a lot of mental deliberation she decided, well more so her body, that she had to wake him up.
"Spike, are you awake?" She asked quietly, hoping that he was. She waited patiently for a response. When she didn't get one she shook him by a shoulder. 
"Damn it Spike, wake up!"

Spike's eyes opened and he stared at her for a moment amused. He slowly sat up and stretched.
"What is it luv?" He asked. Willow bit her lip and hesitated for a moment.
"I need to go to the bathroom, in case you forgot that I am a human." Spike leaned over and unlocked Willow's wrist from the bed. While she was sitting rubbing her obviously aching wrist he proceeded to head over to the dresser. He rummaged around until he found something more suitable for her to wear. This ought to do. She needs something better, that blue fuzzy sweater was sickening and bloody annoying. He pulled out some clothes that he'd picked up from a store while Willow had been asleep. Or more realistically, unconscious and started for the door.
"Well aren't you coming?" He asked. "And don't try anything pet, we both know I could kill you in a second."

Willow nodded and cautiously approached the door. She glanced at the bundle he was holding. It looked like clothes but she wasn't too sure. Whatever it was, some of it was green and velvety. She was debating whether she could use this as an escape opportunity but Spike's recent comment put an end to that. Just have to wait until Buffy and the others come. If they come that is. Spike opened the door and led her down a dark passageway, he stopped and opened another door. Inside was the bathroom. It was bigger than the average bathroom, was clean and fitted with everything, including a bath and separate shower. Without any windows too, how convenient.

Spike handed Willow the bundle of clothes he was carrying. 
"Get yourself cleaned up and put these on." He instructed. "Soap and towels are in the cupboards. I'll wait out here." 
Willow nodded and headed inside the bathroom.
"Unless you of course need some help." Spike added with a smirk.
"No, thank you!" Willow shrieked, quickly locking the door behind her. Spike sat down on a nearby chair and made himself comfortable. She'll be a fair while, all females are. Being around for his fair share of decades had taught Spike that females took forever to get ready. Whether they be vampire, demon or human. Why the hell am I doing this? Any self respecting vampire wouldn't be going around being nice to their captives. He heard the shower start to run. 
"But you need Red to be co-operative, that's why you're acting all nice. Just stick with the plan." He smiled at the thought of the plan. It was pure genius. He'd also sent one of his minions out to get the computer supplies. Only a few more hours till the games begin.

Willow stepped under the hot stream of water. She was grateful for the chance to get herself cleaned up. It was horrible being locked in a room with the same clothes on for days. She started to wash herself with the soap, relaxing and clearing her head as she went. She stepped out of the shower and wrapped herself in a fluffy towel. After drying off a bit, she picked up the clothes and sat on the edge of the bath to inspect them. Firstly there was a long sleeved green velvet top, the top she had seen before. It was tight fitting and had a low neckline. There was also a pair of black leather pants. Vamp me style leather clothing great! Again the pants were tight fitting. Willow gasped at the next set of items. Oh my God this is just, how did he, no, I'm not going to think about it. The next set of items actually turned out to be underwear, in her exact size. 

She got dressed and looked at herself in the mirror, noticing the fading bruise on her chin. This is not Willow clothing! This is evil clothing. Urg, if I don't die from a neck wound, I'll die of embarrassment! And plus all I'm wearing on my feet are socks. She ran her fingers through her damp hair, took a deep breath and opened the door.

Willow slowly came out of the bathroom as Spike glanced up. His eyes nearly rolled out of his head. Who would have known she had it in her? Now this looks more like my Red... Willow crossed her arms over her chest and glared at Spike.
"What are you looking at?" She demanded, brushing some hair out of her eyes. Spike was speechless, he decided there and then when he was through he'd turn her. It'd be a waste of an unlife not to. Willow began to pace, giving Spike a chance to get a proper look at her. He marvelled at his taste in clothing. Anything Red wore would be bloody fantastic though... He finally found his tongue, which was very close to hanging out of his mouth.
"Red, you look bloody fantastic." Willow smiled for a second and then launched into one of her trademark babble sessions.

"Spike where did you get these? I don't know how you vampires wear this stuff, you can hardly breathe, oh hang on vampires don't breathe. Well that solves that problem then. And..." Spike's thoughts drifted but he was brought back to earth by Willow. "How do you expect me to walk around with no shoes? My feet are freezing! Spike are you even listening? I could stake you and you probably wouldn't even notice..."
"Oh I'd notice ducks. This proves I'm listening. And as for your other question you don't have to walk around." He grabbed her by the waist and flung her over his shoulder before she even had the chance to reply.
"Where are we going? Put me down!" Willow yelled.
"To get you some shoes and then we're going out." He replied simply as they re-entered the bedroom. After placing Willow down on the edge of the bed, he returned to the cupboard and retrieved a pair of leather boots. Willow gratefully put them on.

"So where are we supposed to be going then?" Willow asked. She stood up and walked a few steps in the boots.
"Come on pet, if I told you it wouldn't be a surprise now would it?" Spike replied innocently. "Now come along we're late. And remember don't even think of trying anything." He took her arm in his and headed out the door. Willow surveyed her surroundings as they walked. They were in a really huge mansion and she had been in an upstairs room, because they had to go downstairs to get out. The windows were all covered with heavy drapes or non-existent. They walked out the front doors to the house and to Spike's car, the all familiar Desoto

Part 3

Spike opened the passenger door to the Desoto guiding Willow inside. She wondered where they were going. Probably to some old deserted warehouse so he can leave me there as bait. That's how it usually happens. Spike slid into the driver's seat and started the car. Willow glanced around, nervous at being in such close proximity to a cold blooded killer, literally. She fidgeted not knowing exactly what to do.
"So, Spike thought of a plan yet?" She asked trying to break the silence.

Spike nearly laughed out loud. Here was the witch trying to make small-talk with him. Full of surprises this one is, might as well humour her for the sake of it.
"As a matter of fact, I have luv. A stroke of genius if I do say so myself." He grinned. Willow stopped herself from rolling her eyes. If she was going to carry out her plan, she needed to know his. Well tell me what it is you stupid vampire. If it's so good, you have to gloat.
"Well?" Willow asked casually.
"Oh I don't think so Red. Don't you watch the movies? Rule number one: Only divulge your plan if you want it buggered up. Seeing as I don't, you don't get a look in." He shook his head.
"Oh, right." Willow muttered. Damn, now I'll just have to wait and see I guess. They continued the rest of the trip in silence.

After an hour or so, they pulled up outside a large building. Willow saw the name and cringed. Calax Research and Development was written on the outside of the building. Great this brings back fond memories. What is it with creepy demons and bringing me to this place. Spike noticed her expression and was intrigued.
"Care to share pet?"
"Not really. Bad experience with a demon called Moloch, he got scanned out of a book and onto the Internet. Turned himself into a robot and decided he wanted to thank me by giving me the world." She sighed.
"You've got yourself quite a demon fan club luv." Spike laughed. "The wolf, Moloch, Angelus and countless others no doubt." Including me...
"What do you mean Angelus?" Willow asked.
"Well I just thought he had to have some reason to come after you and your bloody fish. Come along, inside. Don't make a scene. Understood?"
"Understood." She replied, getting out of the car and following Spike inside.

They made their way into a small room. It was filled with various pieces of equipment including a computer, video camera and monitor. There was also a few chairs and a small man running around tending to cables and flashing lights. Willow was amazed, she felt quite at home with all the computer hardware that surrounded her. The small man looked up as they entered.
"It's all ready to go Master Spike." He stuttered. Change that, vampire not man. Spike glanced at his watch.
"Good, you're right on time. We've even got a few minutes to spare." He fished out a packet of cigarettes from his duster pockets and proceeded to light one. "Alright Red, make yourself comfortable on that chair over there, in front of the camera."

Willow did as she was told and sat on a small wooden chair positioned in front of the camera and monitor. She sat there for a few minutes and fiddled with her hands trying to figure out what Spike was doing. He finished his cigarette and nodded to the other vampire. The other vampire pressed a few buttons and Willow heard the sound of a modem connecting. The camera switched on and the monitor came to life. 'Connecting... Video conferencing session now ready to begin.' The words flashed on the screen.
"Alright pet, lights camera and action. Remember act scared." Spike grinned as Buffy appeared on the screen.

"Damn I hope this is working. Ok, now I click begin right?" Buffy said to the screen. Her eyes opened wide. "Willow, is that you?"
"Buffy!"
"Oh my god Willow, where have you been? Are you ok? We've been looking all over for you!"
"Yeah, I'm fine at the moment. Still breathing with no bite marks."
"I've been so worried. I got sent these flowers today, with instructions how to work this video thingy on your computer. I thought it might be you, but it wasn't was it? Will, who sent them and where are you?"
"To answer that, she's here and I sent them. And I still stay worried Slayer." Spike stepped in view of the camera and placed a hand on Willow's shoulder. Buffy glared.

"Spike you bastard! What the hell do you want?"
"Not a lot actually, two million dollars, world chaos, that sort of thing." Spike grinned.
"Don't push me Spike!"
"Or you'll do what? Beat the crap out of your computer! Slayer you're in no position to make demands."
"Buffy please, just listen to Spike ok?" Willow pleaded.
"Always knew you were the clever one pet. Now Slayer, if you want your little witch back listen good."
"I'm listening Spike."
"Come to the old mansion tomorrow night at one. Alone, none of those bumbling sidekicks are to be tagging along."
"And?"
"Her life, for yours."

"Buffy, don't do it, it's probably a trap. I'll be fine. Honest. The world needs a Slayer." Willow shouted.
"A Slayer that can't even save her best friend? There's protecting the innocent from evil for you." Spike smirked. This was working perfectly.
"Willow, I just can't leave you..."
"Buffy no!" Spike's hand clamped over Willow's mouth, cutting her short.
"Enough talk. Slayer you know my terms and just to prove I mean business..." Spike vamped and bit into Willow's neck. A small scream escaped from behind his hand. Buffy's eyes filled with tears.
"Willow!" Buffy screamed. Spike pulled back, holding an unconscious Willow in his arms.
"She's still alive, just out cold. Tomorrow, one, mansion. Be there or she won't be alive next time." The monitor went blank.

Part 4

"So did you get it all?" Spike turned to the small vampire behind him.
"It's a wrap Master Spike. All you're missing is a scream and some sobbing."
Spike grinned glancing at the redhead in his arms. "Shouldn't be too hard to come by. You finish up here, when Red wakes up we'll be going out." He bent and picked her up easily.
"Yes Master Spike." The vampire nodded as Spike continued out the door.

Willow woke to the smell of something strong under her nose. Smelling salts, that's what it is. She opened her eyes groggily. "What on earth..." She mumbled stopping as Spike's face came into focus. She clamped her eyes shut. "Shit." She muttered.
"Ah, I see you're back in reality pet. I must say the fainting was a nice touch, ever considered acting? You should have seen the look on the Slayers face, absolutely priceless" He smirked. She gingerly felt her neck where Spike had bitten her. It was still sore but had started to heal up slightly. She was used to vamp bite by now anyway. Willow slowly sat up and took in her surroundings. I wonder how Buffy's doing. She thought. She'd been lying on a table in one of the old computer labs. There were no doors blocking the exits and all the windows weren't even boarded up. Spike followed her gaze.
"Not entirely sunproof luv, but we wont be here that long." Willow sighed. "Didn't want to get your hopes up."
"Why, where are we going?" She asked, not expecting an answer. Anything to get away from this creepy place.

"Well pet, I thought I'd be the perfect host and take you out. You're all dressed up with nowhere to go and you haven't eaten, so we're going for dinner."
"And I wouldn't happen to be dinner would I?" She shot back. Spike pretended to think.
"No, you couldn't be dinner. You're more of a dessert kind of girl." Willow looked horrified, Spike laughed. "Don't look at me like that pet, I'm not going to eat you." At the moment anyway.
Willow didn't believe him for a second. Yeah sure you aren't. "Said the wolf to the lamb." Willow added.
"Come on, we're going now." Spike offered her an arm. "By the way, what did happen to your wolf?"

After an uneventful ride in Spike's old car they pulled up outside a small club, just out of town. It reminded Willow of Willy's old place. I wonder what he's been up to lately. They walked inside, it smelled of alcohol, cigarettes and some form of fried food. There were people everywhere, seated around the bar, small tables or dancing on the dance floor. Music wafted through the air, along with numerous voices. This must be Spike's twisted version of eating out. It is out but I doubt the food is existent let alone edible. Looking around more closely Willow noticed that the bar's main clientele was not of the human kind, it was more of the demon variety. Eep! Demons and lots of them, this is straight from a nightmare! She edged closer to Spike, he didn't appear to have any intentions of killing her yet but these demons may have other ideas.
"Good idea pet. They wont lay a claw on you while you're with me." They pulled up some stools at the bar. Spike nodded to the bartender, who momentarily returned with a glass full of dark liquid. "Bring some food for Red here and a little something to drink." The bartender nodded and moved away.

Spike's eyes drifted around the room to the curious faces of his fellow demons. His eyes were cold and spoke without words. Mine. The occasional demon nodded in acknowledgement and then they returned to their own business. No-one messed with Spike, it was a well known fact. One that the Slayer never seemed to understand. Willow fidgeted nervously. The bartender returned with a plate of fried chips and a glass of, well Willow didn't know what it was. She stared at the food warily not knowing whether it was safe to eat or not. She noticed that Spike was watching her closely.
"I know we're on the Hellmouth luv, but I don't think the food's going to jump up and bite you." He said, taking a mouthful of his drink. I'd better eat, god knows when I'll get the chance to again. But I don't know about that drink. She slowly began to devour the plate but left the drink untouched.

"Spike what's in that drink?" Willow asked. After finishing the chips she'd become quite thirsty.
"Nothing much." Came Spike's reply. He'd been watching her as she ate, slowly she'd become more relaxed. From the moment he walked back into the room yesterday, he knew she'd been plotting something. Hopefully the alcohol in her drink would put a stop to anything she was thinking of untill the Slayer was dead. He'd just have to make sure he sobered her up a bit later so he could finish recording the sound effects and give him a hand with a spell he was working on. He only needed her for a small part and that wouldn't be too hard for him to accomplish.

Willow took a tentative sip of her drink, thirst getting the better of her. "There's alcohol in this." She stuttered.
"This is a bar pet, what did you expect?" Spike replied with a gesture to the bar.
"I'm not going to drink it, me and alcohol is a very bad thing." She muttered.
"It's that or nothing. And I'll be betting on it'll be that, not nothing."
"Fine, then. You've lost all you bet, because I pick nothing." She challenged pushing the drink away. I can't possibly figure out a way to get out of here if I'm drunk. Oh right, that's probably his big plan.

Spike couldn't believe it. Here she was, knowing he could kill her in ten seconds but yet, continued to challenge his every word.
But then again, she always backs down with a threat or two on her life.
He pushed the drink back in front of her, reached over and placed her hand on the glass. "I'll have you know, you'll be drinking that drink. One way or another. Because Red, I never lose."
Willow thought out her situation, she was sick of him and everyone else threatening to kill her. Spike thought he needed her to get to Buffy. But in reality Buffy might show up to the mansion but would only be stopped from killing Spike if she was in danger. Spike needed her to be a distraction. If she was already dead, Buffy would go and take an all out assault on him. So with new found confidence she turned to Spike.
"You can't kill me yet." She said calmly.
"And why do you think that Red?" Spike replied, trying not to laugh out loud.

"It's simple, you need me as bait. You want Buffy to think I'm in danger and use it as a distraction. If I'm dead Buffy won't be all that happy and she'll stake your sorry undead ass." She replied simply. Spike grinned and shook his head.
"See that's where you're wrong pet. That little episode at the labs fixed that problem. I recorded everything you said to the bloody slayer. If I play that, she'll think you're alive but hidden from view. I don't actually need you there." The colour rapidly drained from Willow's face. Ok Willow now you've done it. He's thought of everything and you're about to die from blood loss. Quick, think of something. The only way to screw with this plan is to warn Buffy. To do that you just have to stay alive.

'Uhh, well you were right, it's a really good plan." She stammered. Think, Willow think!
"Of course I was right. Now drink your drink." Shaken, she drowned the contents of the glass in one gulp. The alcohol hit her system and she immediately started to feel calmer but it clouded her brain and her thoughts started fog over. That was intelligent. Now how am I supposed to think straight? I wonder what was in that glass anyway... She was brought out of her thoughts as another glass was placed in front of her.
"Here you are pet, have another." Spike grinned.
With no other choice, Willow drank from the glass.

Within ten minutes Willow had drank another three glasses of alcohol and was feeling very light-headed. She rocked backwards and forwards on her stool to the music. Suddenly she burst into a fit of giggles.
She's completely smashed. "What's so funny Red?" Spike asked.
"Who'd ever have thought that I'd, me Willow, would be sitting a bar with a mean vampirey person like you getting drunk?" She giggled. "But I'm not drunk Spike, honest. I'm just a little tipsy." She pulled a straight face.

"Yeah, and I'm the slayer pet." Spike shook his head. Willow looked at him strangely.
"Spike how can a vampire be a slayer? You're the drunk one. How could you slay yourself?" She paused. "Though your hair kinda looks like Buffy's."
"What?"
"Yep. You know Buffy's a natural blond, with the whole stupid dumb thing too. But you Spike, you're not, blond or stupid. You even think of better plans that me. And I'm the smart one!"
I knew she was up to something, fancy her admitting the Slayer is dumb. There's a whole other side to Red here, it just needs the alcohol to bring it out.
Spike leaned closer. "So what was your plan pet, I told you mine." Willow shook her head.
"Nu-uh I cant tell you that!" She squealed.
He grinned. "Tell me what?" He asked innocently.
"That when you leave I'm gonna use my magick to untie myself and make a hole in the wall to get away. Hey!" She clapped her hands over her mouth.

"Can't have you doing that. I'm just going to have to make sure I don't take my eyes off you." Spike smirked. And the thought of that doesn't bother me one bit.
"Your eyes are pretty Spike, all blue and sky-like. I like them." She stopped, her own eyes wide. "Did I say that or think it? Oh my god." See what happens when you drink with vampires? This is not a good thing. But I like his eyes, and I just admitted to him, a cold blooded killer. For an evil vampire he is kinda sexy. Bad thoughts Willow. I'm insane aren't I? Yep, one to many knocks to the head.
"I think you've had enough to drink now pet. Let's dance." Spike pulled her off the stool much to her drunken protest and guided her to the dance floor.

They swayed together to the music. Spike's hands on Willow's hips and her arms wrapped around his neck, more for support than anything else. To her, the world was spinning, so she held on to Spike for dear life. She closed her eyes and leaned against his chest to make the dizziness go away. Spike glanced down at the small red head.
What the bloody hell am I doing? Should kill the chit while I've got the chance. But no, I've got to go all soft like the great poof don't I. Damn everything! What am I going to do with her, can't kill her now? The music slowed and became softer. Spike continued to battle the voices inside his head. Plus, she did admit she liked my eyes. In a drunken haze, Spike! She's cute... Bloody hell just eat her and get on with it you idiot!

"Spike?" Willow mumbled.
"What luv?" He asked, telling his mind to shut up.
"Can we go? I'm really tired and everything's spinning around."
"Sure thing Red, this way. Take it easy." He lead her to the door, one arm around her waist. Poofter. Shut up. Spike settled Willow into the car and started to head back to the labs. They still had a few hours before sunrise, plenty of time to get things ready. Within a few minutes Willow was sound asleep with her head against Spike shoulder and they were on their way back to the labs. Spike's voices were still fighting a mental war inside his head and it was giving him a headache. I'm keeping her, for a while anyway. You're going to screw everything up Spike. No, I just have to change the plan a bit. Idiot. Now I'm starting to sound like Dru, next the stars and Miss Edith'll be telling me what to do. Bloody hell!

Part 5

�Willow, luv I think you should wake up.� Spike called, shaking Willow�s shoulder.
�Huh, what?� Willow mumbled.
�I hate to tell you, but you�ve got a green slimy frog sitting on your shoulder.� Spike grinned waiting for her reaction.
His comment was followed by a blood curdling scream as Willow, suddenly wide awake, leapt out of her chair. �Ahhh!� she yelled running around the room, �Somebody heeeelp me!� Spike doubled over in a fit of laughter, just after hitting the stop button on the tape recorder. Screaming, check. All that�s left is some crying and such. Willow stopped, discovering that there were no frogs in sight. Her eyes flashed angrily.
�What the hell was that for!� She demanded.
�Well I had to find a way to sober you up a bit.� Spike grinned.
�A cup of coffee or a cold shower would have been better than that.�
�Don�t care much for coffee and I don�t think you�d take too well to the idea of me showering you, would you pet?� 

That comment brought a flood of images to Spike�s mind that he really didn�t need. Focus Spike, focus. �Plus it�s all part of my master plan.�
�Oh yeah the master plan,� she shot back. �How did you know about the frogs?�
�I�ve got eyes and ears all over Sunnydale, you wouldn�t have a clue about what I know about you and the other Slayerettes.�
�Care to enlighten me?�
�Not really, that would be telling. Anyway we�ve got one more thing to do.� He gestured to the recorder, �Cry.�
�What?� Willow looked at his like he�d grown another head.
�I need you to cry for the tape. We can do this the easy way or the hard way, which is it?�
Willow glanced around, noticing that they were back in the labs. In the room with many windows. She guessed that it would be dawn in a few hours. If she could manage to delay Spike, she�d give herself time to find a new plan or get them caught in the sun. �Easy way, but I can�t just cry all of a sudden.� She stalled.

�Just think about something depressing. World hunger, animal abuse, all that sort of rot.�
�But...� She trailed off. Spike remembered how her wolf boyfriend had left just a short while ago. That�d hit a nerve for sure
�Or how about you finding that your wolf left?� Willow paled, remembering Oz�s sudden departure. �How he�d gaze at that bitch in that band, all the while you were looking on.� Spike edged towards the recorder and poised his hand over the start button, waiting for the waterworks. �I wonder what he was thinking. �Gee she�s hot, I�ll have to wait until good old Willow isn�t around to get her into bed�. Then he could blame it on animal instinct.� Willow�s eyes welled up with tears, against her mental protests. All the feelings about Oz were stored inside and bursting to come out.
�Then you walk into his cage one day and there she is, lying there with him. They were probably at it all night like the animals they were. You just weren�t good enough, couldn�t give him what he wanted. After being with her he realised what he was missing out on, so he took off. Greener pastures and all that. You were just there to be his keeper, he used you just to make sure he didn�t kill anyone. Never cared one bit he planned to rip your heart to shreds.� Spike pressed play. Willow�s thoughts whirled inside her head. Half of what Spike was saying was true. No, Oz wouldn�t... would he. She started to cry.
�No.� She wailed. Spike made out that he was going to continue, knowing fair well he wasn�t.
�Please, don�t. Just stop.� She whispered.

Spike pressed stop and for the first time in his undead life, he felt bad. He�d made his Red cry. How could I do that to her, she�s there all sobbing because of that bloody wolf. No you said all that stuff, it�s your fault. Idiot, why the hell do you care? Shut the hell up ok! Fine, I give up. �Hey, pet don�t cry, it�s alright.� He moved over and crouched next to her, wrapping an arm around her shoulders. Her sobs started to cease.
�You - you jerk! How could you say those things?� She sighed.
�I�m evil pet, remember?� He stood. �Anyway that wolf isn�t worth tears. He didn�t deserve you, you deserve much better. Now come on.�
�Why do you care, since when are you even semi-nice?�
�Because I need you to do a spell, can�t have all your energy all over the place can I? God knows what�d happen then.� Yes that�s right you don�t care, can�t have her unfocused. That�s all.
�What kind of spell? I refuse to do love spells after all that happened last time. Which was all your fault by the way.�
�I�ve got the book back in a crypt. Let�s go.�

They left the room, Spike nodded to a minion guarding the door. �The tape�s inside. Get everything ready and moved to the mansion. I�ll meet you in the cellar tomorrow night.� The minion nodded and scurried away.

Part 6

Willow and Spike arrived at a crypt in an isolated cemetery that Buffy rarely patrolled. Great, I�m all the way out here, Buffy probably checked the mansion and found it deserted but she wouldn�t think of trying here. They entered the crypt, it was dark and smelled of dirt. �Spike what�s this spell you want me to do?� Willow asked as Spike lit some candles throwing some warm light into the cold room.
�You�d remember the Ring of Amara wouldn�t you?� He asked stepping towards a small table.
�Angel destroyed it Spike, he even told us you�d come for it and tortured him for it.� Willow pointed out. Spike handed her a book.
�Well that�s where this comes in handy, it�s an object restoration spell. Cast the spell and the object is restored, works a bit like Angel�s soul spell. And seeing as you were able to do that, I suspect you�ll be able to do this.� Willow read the spell, it wasn�t all that difficult but she was unfamiliar with some of the ingredients.
�What about all this stuff?� She asked.
�It�s all set and ready, all you have to do is cast your circle and read the spell.�
�What if I don�t?�
�You cease to exist. I can kill the slayer with or without the ring, it just makes things a bit more fun. Now the spell?�
�Alright...� Willow tried to figure out a way to discretely botch the spell. Spike probably knows the spell inside and out so that wouldn�t work. She re-read over the spell, it called for the caster to focus on the item they wanted to restore. If Willow focused on something different, then that would be restored instead not the ring. Then she was struck with an idea, smiling inwardly she began the spell.

Spike watched and listened to the witch carefully as she did the spell, knowing that she�d probably try to do something. The only real reason he was getting her to do the spell was to take a look at the power she possessed. He remembered how she�d started to utter a protection spell when he�d caught her and felt how powerful it was. After looking at her spellbooks and hearing her �plan� to escape, he was amazed. From what he knew the Scooby gang were holding her back, if they had her on their side at full strength things would be looking grim on his behalf. The spell wasn�t about words and ingredients it was all personal energy and focus. If she was even able to conjure a stake to kill him with, he�d be impressed. All we have to do is get her on our side and the Slayers little gang will be history. But how to do that... There was a bright flash of purple light as Willow finished the spell. The ring of Amara sat on the floor next to her. She closed the circle and thanked whatever goddess was listening. Spike applauded loudly.

�Well done, Red. I never knew you had it in you.� He grinned stooping down to inspect the ring. For all he knew she could have tiny crosses engraved on the inside. Convinced that it was harmless, he slid it on his finger. Willow watched him carefully, hoping that her plan worked; that the fake ring was indeed fake. Now if I could only get him to walk into the sun... The fleeting look of hope that then flickered across Willow�s face did not go unnoticed by Spike but he decided to let it slide.
�Now how to test this little thing... what do you think pet?� He asked, raising his eyebrows. Willow didn�t know what to do, �Let me try and stake you� didn�t seem to be the right thing to say.
�Um, I�m not too sure, you�re the vampire you should know.� She replied.
�Indeed I do.� Spike answered walking across the room to a small table that Willow hadn�t noticed earlier. When she squinted in the soft light she noticed that was an assortment of crosses, what appeared to be Holy Water and some stakes on the table. If I�d have seen that before I might have had a chance out of here. Spike caught her look and chuckled. He neared the table and moved towards a small cross placing a finger delicately on the edge. Willow closed her eyes waiting to find out what happened.

�Bloody hell!� Spike yelled, Willow�s eyes snapped open. Instead of seeing him hopping around clutching his fingers Spike was standing tossing the cross from hand to hand, grinning like a kid at Christmas.
�Oh goddess..� Willow muttered. Why did her spells always go wrong? Spike proceeded to test the rings ability with Holy Water and the other crosses. Satisfied that it worked he headed over to the door and pulled it open slightly. The first rays from the sun streamed in through the door and Spike tentatively placed his hand in their path. There was no smoke and no fire and Spike was soon standing directly in the sun�s warm glow. Still grinning like a kid at Christmas. Willow sunk to the floor in despair and placed her head in her hands. Buffy was going to die and it�d be all her fault. �I am never ever doing magick again.� She muttered.

Part 7 - Coming Soon!

Hosted by www.Geocities.ws

1