|The Doctor's Quick Weight Loss Diet|
This diet is from a book released in 1969 called
The Doctor's Quick Weight Loss Diet.
Irwin Maxwell Stillman M.D., Sam Sinclair Baker.
QUICK Weight LOSS METHOD
This is a severe form of ketogenic diet. It is not easily sustainable for the longterm. It may be useful in breaking plateaus and in those too impatient to allow their bodies to take the fat off gradually at its own pace.
NOTHING ELSE IS PERMITTED ON THIS DIET--NOTHING! IF IT'S NOT MENTIONED IN THE FOLLOWING LIST, DON'T EAT OR DRINK IT.
Eat all you wish of the following foods to satisfy hunger. If you eat until you've satisfied your hunger but haven't stuffed yourself, and then feel hungry before the next meal, you can eat again, but only from the foods listed here. In fact, you're better off eating smaller meals 6 times a day than 3 bigger meals as is the general custom. But you limit yourself to this extensive list of high protein foods.
1. LEAN MEATS,with all possible fat trimmed off. Includes beef, lamb, veal. Eat it broiled, boiled, baked or smoked. No butter, margarine, oil or other fats or grease are to be used either in the cooking or the eating.
2. CHICKEN AND TURKEY with all skin removed. Broiled, boiled or roasted, with no butter, margarine, oil or other fats or greases. Young fowl is preferable but not necessary.
3. ALL LEAN FISH such as flounder, haddock, cod and perch; SEAFOOD: shrimps, scallops, lobsters, oysters, clams, crabs. No butter, margarine, oil or other fats or greases permitted in preparation or serving. You may have cocktail sauce, horseradish, ketchup-in moderation.
4. EGGS. Hard boiled preferably. Also soft or medium boiled eggs, poached, or any type of fried eggs made in non-fat, non-stick pans without butter, margarine, oil or other fats or greases.
5. COTTAGE CHEESE, FARMER CHEESE, POT CHEESE made with skim milk and no whole milk.
6. AT LEAST 8 GLASSES OF WATER PER DAY, absolutely essential (10 ounce glasses). As much as you want of coffee and tea without cream, milk or sugar. You may sweeten with non-caloric sweeteners to taste. Enjoy all the club soda, vichy and non-caloric carbonated beverages you wish, as often as desired.
The eight <10 ounce> glasses of water daily are in addition to whatever coffee, tea and non-caloric carbonated beverages you drink. This is an integral part of the specific internal process put into motion by the Quick Weight Loss Diet. Much more of your body fat is burned up than with most other diets. This leaves in its wake the waste products or ashes of burnt fat. [ketone bodies] They must all be washed out of your system by water which also serves to relieve any unpleasant dryness and taste in the mouth.
Note: ketone bodies are not ashes, they are the by-product of incomplete burning of fats. Ketones are to fat as charcoal is to wood. Ketones can be burned for fuel by your body. Most people have feedback loops to protect against ketosis-acidosis.
You may use common seasonings such as salt, pepper, garlic, cloves, thyme, other herbs and spices, cocktail sauce, tabasco sauce, horseradish, ketchup. Don't use any creamy or oily sauces or dressings. No mayonaise, no salad dressings, no oils, no fats.
It is desirable to take vitamins daily with the diet, such as a once-daily vitamin and mineral tablet.
NOTHING ELSE IS PERMITTED ON THIS DIET--NOTHING! IF IT'S NOT MENTIONED IN THE PRECEDING LIST, DON'T EAT OR DRINK IT.
If you disregard the instructions and eat regular carbohydrates or sugar or alcohol, you will stop burning up stored fat as efficiently. Even one indiscretion, one mouthful of ice cream, for example, will set you back a day or two.
You will lose the most weight on The Quick Loss Diet, most quickly, if you eat only to satisfy your humger pangs rather than to gratify a desire to eat just for the pleasure of eating.
This diet has practically no residue (fiber). Therefore it is likely that you may not have a bowel movement for a few days, although not necessarily so. In any case don't be alarmed by any such lack. [note: extra vitamin C or milk of magnesia is helpful in some cases]