A/N: a silly little something for Gaara’s birthday

Pairing: NaruGaara

Warnings: snogging

 

--

 

"And then she had the nerve to say I was loud! Can you believe that?"

The good thing about hiring a friend from Konoha to help out with a few things in his village was that he didn't have to drink alone after dinner. It was a welcomed change. The bad thing about having a friend drink with him after dinner, Gaara reflected, was that friends talked. Constantly, he assumed by the way Naruto was going on and on. And about things that made the Kazekage quite uncomfortable. Things like past girlfriends, disapproval of his friends' choices in companionship, and if his sister was really the ballbuster she came off as.

He'd tried to steer the conversation toward more suitable (less personal) topics several times. Unfortunately, feeding his friend more alcohol only seemed to make the problem worse, and glaring wasn't gaining him anything but a headache by the time the blond had moved onto the detailed differences between Konoha and Suna women. It had to stop. Really, it did.

"Naruto," he mumbled irritably, interrupting the description of a birthmark a certain kunoichi had on her hip - he hoped to never, ever hear that again.

The blond turned toward him then, his lopsided grin exposing a flash of teeth as he responded. "Yeah?"

"
Do you ever stop talking?"

Oddly enough, Naruto's grin only grew wider. "Sakura-chan says the same thing," he chuckled, then quirked his eyebrows a couple of times. "'Course, I just tell her she can shut me up anytime."

And now Gaara was confused. He thought they were friends; Naruto had said as much. "And you wouldn't say the same to me?" he ventured quietly, feeling mildly hurt.

Naruto laughed a moment before turning a questioning look his way. "I dunno. Didn't realized you'd go for that, I guess. I normally get a black eye for it."

"Wouldn't know unless you tried," Gaara snapped as an unpleasant feeling bubbled up within his stomach, fueling the sudden need to defend this friendship they supposedly had.

It was quiet a few moments while Naruto gave him an appraising look, and Gaara scowled uncomfortably. But then the blond's expression shifted suddenly, and the kazekage found his personal space spectacularly invaded as Naruto crawled onto his lap.

Being trapped between Naruto's warm body and the couch was probably one of the most awkward and uncomfortable situations he'd ever been in, he decided. Until, of course, the blond leaned forward and with a grin whispered, "don't know 'til ya try," before pressing his lips against his.

There were worse things than being a little awkward, though, Gaara decided as warm lips parted and pressed against his a little more insistently. At least Naruto had finally shut up.

Hosted by www.Geocities.ws

1