Oh Sister

Refer to the lyrics at www.bobdylan.com

Date: 08/20/96

Subject of the Post: "I fucked-up" says Emmylou

D.Chanda wrote:

I was listening to Desire on my walkman the other day and had the volume turned up to max. Right at the end of Oh, Sister after the violins had stopped I heard a female voice say something like 'I f**ked it up'. I just want someone else to confirm this so I know if I've bought a dodgy copy .

Craig Jamieson wrote:

Don't let Ben tell you you are having aural hallucinations, there are many here among us who hear what you hear. Just to prove to Ben I still have some of my faculties, I'll list Desire release numbers off the top of my head:

DESIRE

Released January 16, 1976
CD released 1986 (August 1985)

Columbia PC 33893, without Ram's Horn Music credit
Columbia PC 33893, white label promo with timing strips, gold
promo stamp on back. Copyright credit: 1975 Ram's Horn
Columbia PC 33893, gold promo stamp on back Columbia PC 33893, 1975 Ram's Horn Music credit
Columbia PC 33893, multi-colored vinyl, record executive copy Columbia PCQ 33893,
Quadrophonic with mistakes in Romance in Durango and Joey
Columbia JC 33893, Reissue with "Chart Busters" sticker and "Gold Record Award" sticker
Columbia CK 33893, CD
Columbia JCT 33893, Cassette
Columbia PCA 33893, 8 Track, grey case

Columbia's "Nice Price" reissue reveals a few seconds of track not heard on the original. At the end of the cassette version of "Oh Sister" you can hear Emmy Lou Harris say "I fucked it up." Then Dylan says "Where?" Emmylou responds "In the verse." On the disc you can only hear "I fucked it ..." The entire conversation is being faded out as it goes along.

Ummm, Ben, what does your Dylanbase hear on this one?

This page hosted by Get your own Free Home Page
Hosted by www.Geocities.ws