Alcoholism is one of the biggest evils present in the today's world. People generally lose their consciousness when they consume excess of alcohol. It is very easy to differentiate between a normal person and a drunk person. For many of the normal people a trip to a bar is not a big deal. Many people go there with friends to have small drinks, some select to celebrate any occasion like wedding, birthday etc. If you are consuming 1 or 2 drinks in a day then this it is a normal stuff but in case you have a habit of consuming more than 4 drinks a day then that can lead you towards alcoholism. There are several alcoholism symptoms that you can observe in you and check whether you have become an alcoholic of not.
Here is the list of some major symptoms of alcoholism:
* Drinking- A Style Statement: There are many people who think drinking is in fashion and consume a lot of liquor just because of that. This makes a person to go to any extent to drink. This could create problems in personal as well as in professional life of a person. It is important to tell these people that drinking is not a fashion; in fact they are making their life hell.
* Loss Of Control Over Alcohol Consumption: Many people are aware of their limits. However, an alcoholic normally loses this sense or ignore his/her limitations. This excess amount of alcohol intake can cause several health hazards like weakness in the immune system, liver damage, fetus damage in pregnant women, improper functioning of the brain, sudden loss of weight and also an increase in the possibility to have cancer.
* Dependency on Alcohol to Function: Frequent intake of alcohol can decrease the person's ability to work without the consumption of alcohol. This means the body of an alcoholic will not only crave for liquor but also need it on a priority to work properly. If the alcohol is not provided to the person, his/her body will start shivering and also become sweaty.
* Less Tolerance Power: The tolerance power of remaining without alcohol for longer time in alcoholics is much lesser than a normal person. The person can do several violent activities if he does not get alcohol. The nature of an alcoholic is also different from a normal person.
* Constant Downfall in Health: There are several health hazards that can be seen as symptoms of alcoholism like sudden loss of weight, immense pain in the abdominals, affected immune system etc.
* Constant Liver Problems: If you are dealing with a constant pain in your stomach and your doctor tells you that your liver is about to damage then you are one of the proud alcoholics.
In many cases alcoholics will never admit that they have this problem or alcohol addiction so, it is important for the family members to take part actively in identifying these alcoholism symptoms. Being a family member, you can also engage in the talks with an alcoholic and explain him/her the hazards of the drinking alcohol. Still, if you are not able to control the problem then it is the right time to consult a doctor.
Alcohol Detox Medication Common Medication for Alcoholics
alcohol detox medication
alcohol detox medication