Endless Journey


By Zeplerfer
New Gab's Xena Obsession Page - Fanfics - Endless Journey

This is my attempt to fix the last episode. We return again to Ilusia becuase another rift has formed... I�ve included pictures with a little explanation of each tarot card as it �appears� in the story. Note: this contains spoilers, criticism of Joxer and Rob Tapert, a little language, gore and lyrics that make no sense, on second thought, most of it doesn�t make sense. Anyway, this is one of my first attempts at fanfic, and considering that the other ones burst into flames for no apparent reason, I wouldn�t hope for much, but without further ado, here it is�


The Moon- The Moon will lead us into the blackest depths of our soul, into the world of the subconscious, where there are no more words, just images and notions. It represents a journey into the darkest night, a look behind our own face.

The Fool- The Fool has the number 0, for someone ready to go in any direction, open to all possibilities. He belongs nowhere, has no past, but an infinite future. The Fool is change, motion and the readiness to jump into life, with no cares ever. The Fool knows no difference between possibility and reality, the Fool suspects and plans nothing. He reacts directly to the current situation, nothing is calculated, and nothing is hidden.

The Wheel of Fortune- The Wheel of Fortune is a symbol of destiny and destination, of good luck and bad luck, of the ups and downs of life and fate. Everything is in motion, turning and floating, constantly changing, accidental and uncontrollable.

Gabrielle was riding Argo out of town before dawn. In front of her was Xena, or more appropriately, what was left of her. Her heart was heavy and she was paying no attention to her surroundings, all she could think of was the fact that Xena wasn�t coming back this time� And so Gabrielle and Argo traveled for what Gabrielle assumed to be many hours, but could have been only one. Neither of them noticed slight differences in how the countryside looked, and how it was supposed to look. Such as the purple-leafed trees or the patches of red clovers. However, Gabrielle did notice when Callisto, in her Fool�s outfit, did cartwheels in front of Argo while waving her stick. She began to sing,
�The first Rift was of the heart,
Now your bodies keep you apart.
Tapert thought redemption was only in death.
Xena stay dead?
Don�t hold your breath�� She pulled out the red-chakram-wheel-o-fortune and
continued with her song,
�Round and round life goes,
Where it stops,
No one knows.
It has no beginning,
It has no end,
Time is our enemy,
Time is our friend.
Who we are,
And what we do,
All of this,
Is up to you!
So take a spin,
Maybe you�ll win,
Or maybe just waste an hour or two.� During the song, the wheel-o-fortune grew larger and spinned a lot.
�You do realize that made no sense, right?� Gabrielle asked.
�Yeah, well at least I�m rhyming.� Callisto replied. �Anyway�
�On your trip you go,
Where you�ll stop,
You�ll soon know!� She pulled apart the wheel and flicked out part like a whip, it took on a life of it�s own and soon a red road was made.
�Hmm, whatca gonna say now? Follow the red brick road?� Gabrielle raised her eyebrows in a very Xenaesque manner.
�Of course not! I would never say a line that cheesy,� She frowns, �Well, not of my own free will anyway. Just get moving before one of the writers makes me though, k?� Gabrielle snorted in a very Argo-esque manner and followed the red road.

*Note: Argo ate no red clovers during the making of this fanfic even though she was sourly tempted* Anyway�


The Hanged Man- The Hanged Man is a symbol for the turning points in life, showing up a need to stop and assess a situation. We're hanging in the air until we find a new view of the things around us, a proper way to rearrange or restart.

�I wonder how we got to Ilusia again?� She asked no one in particular. Hearing no answer reminded her of the fact that Xena was dead again, something she had only thought of 5000 times that day. She absentmindedly petted Argo.
�What in Hades�?� She said as she noticed that Joxer was hanging upside down from the limb of a tree.
As she drew closer he began to sing�
�You�re hanging in the air,
Don�t know where,
To turn to�
No one seems to care,
It�s so unfair,
But your problem won�t disappear,
You need to make a choice,
Need to find your voice,
Until you conquer what you fear,
I�ll still be hanging here��
�Why? Cause you can�t get down?� Gabrielle smirked. �Nice to see you got rid of the cooking pot armor, though,� She remarked because his clothes showed more taste then usual, which is, any at all.
�You�re sure in a bad mood�� Joxer replied.
�Hey, if your �special friend� died, you�d be pretty pissed too.�
�Bummer, I don�t suppose this means you�re available for a date though�?� He asked hopefully. As a reply Gabrielle walked up to him and whacked him with her stick.
�Hmm, when did I get my stick back? Ah well, I sure missed it.� Gabrielle said. She returned to Argo and continued on her less-than-merry way.

*Note: Joxer was not harmed, although it took Gab weeks to get the smell off of her stick*


The Devil- In the Tree of Life the Devil goes from consciousness and harmony to intellect and logic - against all dogma, never caring for rules, freely uncompromising and independent. There are no restrictions, no limitations, nothing is forbidden. The Devil is aware of the darkness, he knows all the shadows and will go on researching even at a high price.

The sky darkened and thunderclouds crowded the sky, Gabrielle pushed Argo into a gallop. Soon she came upon a conveniently located building. Both her and Argo where inside the building before the rained started to fall. �Whew,� Gab sighed, �Finally a writer who isn�t out to get me wet.� She looked about the room. There were drapes that hid the next room form view. She opened them and sucked in her breath, �Alti�� A younger Alti sat upon a lounge wearing silk. She had apparently finally learned the concept of a brush, since her hair was fine and glossy. Her voice was not the rough hard thing it had been earlier and was now suitable for singing, which was exactly what she didn�t do.
�Thought I was dead, huh?� Alti smirked at Gabrielle.
�Damnit, now how am I supposed to kill you without Xena doing all the lovely Mendhi stuff on me?� Gabrielle said. She ducked as Alti threw a fireball at her. �Don�t mess with me, I�ve had a bad day,� she growled at Alti. They slowly came towards each other and began to circle. Gabrielle pulled her Sias from her boots. �That�s odd, I had my staff a minute ago, what is it with writers and plot continuity or lack thereof?� Gabrielle sighed.
Alti tossed another fireball. �You might as well give up no, I�m all powerful, I�m evil, I�m��
�Full of it,� Gabrielle interrupted as she lunged towards Alti with her Sias in a blur.
�You�re almost as fun as Xena.� Alti tilted her head towards Gabrielle. She slowly smirked, �What awful memories do you hold in that pretty head of yours?� But alas, Alti was to never find out because at that moment Argo knocked her over while Gabrielle made a nice Alti-Shisca-Bob with her Sias.

*Note: Alti-Shisca-Bobs are available at your local super-market...


Justice- the Justice stands for uncompromising honesty and objectivity, the realization of cause and effect, background and consequence.


The Tower- The Tower is a symbol of endurance and its destruction, an allusion to sudden, maybe shocking realizations that crushes old views and persuasions, maybe the view of the whole world.

Gabrielle proceded into the next room and stood slack-jawed as she saw Xena. Xena smiled at her, "Good to see you too."
"But how did you get here? It makes no sense."
"A unbelievable plot device took us apart, it only makes sense that a unbelievable plot device bring us together."
�I quess, it's soo good to see you too." Gabrielle replied in bliss as she jumped into Xena's arms. Her expression was that of a tanner greedily sucking up the sun�s rays.
�Ah, Gabrielle, I�m glad to see you too, but you might have to let go sometime soon. We�re being surrounded by an angry mob of villagers.�
�Oh, how dare they intrude on our reunion! I got my stick back, what you say we
knock about some heads?�
Before Xena could answer the Villagers began to sing�
�Xena was our bane,
She had us all slain,
Now at last,
She�ll pay for her sins of the past!�
Gabrielle groaned �Not that episode again! Why must everyone remind my of my blue-smock wearing days?�
The villagers continued on�
�Where is justice?
Where is revenge?
They are the same,
But neither has been done,
Against she who is to blame.�
Gabrielle looked up. �Hey wait a minute!� She began to sing.
�She might have wronged you,
But she�s no longer the Xena you knew,
Now for good is her fight.
You may have been wronged,
But two wrongs don�t make a right.�
The villagers responded.
�If we weren�t so dense,
That might make sense,
But seeing as how we�re farmers,
People with brains of dirt,
All we want,
Is to see someone get hurt!�
Gabrielle continued.
�Ah, but of course!
I�d sing myself hoarse,
Trying to talk sense to you.�
The Villagers began to circle the duo, and in the fashion of great Xena
episodes, torches and pitchforks suddenly appeared in their hands.
�All we want is someone to blame,
For this terrible shame,
Xena! Her hate,
Doomed us to this fate��
Gabrielle held out her hand
�No, wait!
It�s not her fault!
She tried.
It�s not her fault she died.
It�s the producers!
For them you fought,
Just to further the plot!�
The villagers took to the new idea.
�The Producers!
They made our lives bleak.
Them we shall now seek,
To see that blame is placed,
Where blame is due.
The day they started the show,
They�ll soon rue!
That we know,
To be true!�
Gabrielle joined in�
�The Producers!
They made me a sidekick,
They burnt my stick!
Now they�ll pay�
The Villagers shouted, �Hip, hip, hurray!�
Xena put in her part too�
�The Producers,
They killed me,
Made Gab live in misery,
And Argo to of course,
I want a divorce!�
And since no song would be complete without Joxer�
�They made me an ass,
Unwanted by any lass,
Why? Why did this come to pass?�
Seeing as how it wasn�t a beautiful day for a bloodbath, Callisto put in her
two cents too�
�The Producers!
They drove me mad,
Destroyed any sanity I had,
And if that�s wasn�t enough for you,
They killed me too!�
The Villagers chanted their chorus on their way out to do battle with the
producers.

*Note: the angry mob did not actually hurt anyone, shiny objects sidetracked them�*


Judgement- The Judgement is the trump of time and the changes dictated by the times, it addresses finality and destruction as well as liberation, hope and redemption.

�Wow Gab, that was some quick thinking,� Xena said to her companion.
�Yep, quite a nice way to get rid of the producers and the angry mob.�
Gabrielle preened. �Well, Xena, ready to return to our roaming?�
Xena�s smile disappeared. �You know I can�t, it dooms the souls of Huguchi��
Gabrielle moaned, �No Xena, please, I need you. It was just a pathetic plot twist that made no sense. Don�t leave me.�
Xena gently caressed her friend�s cheek. �I�ll be with you always.�
�Oh please� What is it with you guys and all this lovey-dovey crap?� Callisto sneered at them.
�Shouldn�t you be busy killing the producers?� Gabrielle asked.
�Damn Villagers, they didn�t reach their target, but I sure killed stuff.� Callisto licked her lips. �Today was a fine day for a bloodbath��
�Does this mean Xena doesn�t need to die, the souls aren�t around anymore�?� Gabrielle asked hopefully.
�Oh no, Xena stays in her torment, you can�t actually kill souls� But you can certainly torment them. Heh heh.� Callisto looked madder then usual.
�There has to be some way for you to come back without hurting them�� Gabrielle sat down and placed her hands in her head. After a few minutes, �Xena, does it have to be you, or could someone else take your place?�
�Hmm� I don�t know.� Xena looked very interested. �But who would take my place?�
�I will.� Eve stepped forward. �Mother, it is the least I can do for all the evil I caused. And I think you could do more good in life then I could achieve.�
�You know, that made a lot of sense for Eve�� Callisto remarked. Xena glared at her, Gabrielle hid a smirk.
�Eve, are you sure you want to do this?� She asked Eve with the kind of care she usually reserved for Gabrielle or Argo.
�Mother, once you took my place, and helped me become a good person. I need to return that favor.�
�Nooo!!!!� Callisto shrieked. �You bitch, if you die then I die too!�
�Hmm, seems like a good reason to me,� Gabrielle smirked again. Eve hugged her mother and Gabrielle. Suddenly spirits began to swirl around her. Eve took a last look at her mother(s), "Please don't forget me..." And then she was sucked into oblivion, the last sound to be heard of her was a scream.
�Will you miss her?" Xena asked Gabrielle.
"The third-wheel in our relationship? Please..."
"You know, me neither."
"Yes, lets put the whole Livia/Eve unpleasantness behind us."
"Eve who?" Xena smiled. �You know Gabby, I think it�s time for you to get a new outfit��
Together they mounted Argo and rode into the sunset.
The Fool watched as the lovers passed. She sang,
�There is no beginning,
There is no end,
Together you�ll travel,
You and your friend,
Wherever you roam,
There is your home.
Never friendless,
Your journey is endless.�

The End

The World and The Lovers, their explanations don't fit, but they just looked too cool to leave out, and the lovers really seem to symbolize Gab and Xena...
New Gab's Xena Obsession Page - Fanfics - Endless Journey
Hosted by www.Geocities.ws

1